Temple of Kotmogu

90 Troll Hunter
It would be really nice if hunters didn't have to wait for their pet to go all the way to the stairs when they jump down into the middle of this map. A hunters pet is about 55% of his damage and without a pet a hunter cannot survive. Why can't the pet just jump down?
Reply Quote
1 Orc Shaman
Beast Mastery uses deserve punishment.
Reply Quote
hunters countered rogues before mists only difference was before mists yall had to put a little effort in.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
12/07/2012 08:58 PMPosted by Bourque
Why is everyone so mad at hunters.

I'm not usually one for douchebaggery, but really? heaven forbid you spec into blink strike to get you're pet straight there, since lynx rush is no longer immediate burst.

Dont forget the endless ways of CC/damage mitigation you carry either; Scatter/freeze trap, feign death a hard cast, silence shot, monkey poo disorient/bird disarm, 5 sec daze on a 4 sec CD, masters call for roots, immunity to ALL crits with roar of courage (which can be used while you're deep freezed or any other CC), intimidation, disengage, deterrence, dismiss pet WHILE in deterrence and summon a 2nd copy of the same one to wipe its CD's, including roar of courage, camo in combat to drop target, oh, and readiness to do ALL of that again if need be, all while spamming Kill Command and Arcane shot with only a ONE minute CD between you're bursts with beast within.

12/07/2012 08:58 PMPosted by Bourque
or get a hunter yourself so you can see it from my shoes.

I do play a hunter, and find them to be one of the most OP things in the game, and not so much for their damage, but for their shear CC, ability to juke/silence hard casts, and kitability. Blizzard has turned hunters into not only a class where anyone can play with just 2 buttons and a burst CD, but also a class that, given a veteran PvPer behind the keys, has one of the highest skill caps in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
At the start of the match, don't summon your pet. Summon it when you jump into mid.

After rezzing, dismiss your pet. Then summon it when you get into the middle.

And before you say, "But that's so much woooooork!", keep in mind that a lot of classes have prep time after rezzing. So suck it up.

There's a solution to your problem. You can either use it, and increase your effectiveness in this BG, or you can keep crying on the forums. The decision is yours to make.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/07/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Dubmuffin
I do play a hunter, and find them to be one of the most OP things in the game,

I always enjoy reading posts from the least skilled players in wow.

If you honestly think hunters are OP, you need to immediately uninstall WoW and start playing Hello Kitty, Island Adventure.

FYI, playing a hunter to level 15 does not make you a professional at the class.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/07/2012 11:20 PMPosted by Aesix
Hunters got it nicer than most when it comes to pets

You mean the fact that hunters are the only pet class in the game without an instant cast auto rez for their pet?

Hunters sure do have it good with those 10 sec pet rez casts.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
12/08/2012 12:39 AMPosted by Paetheas
If you honestly think hunters are OP, you need to immediately uninstall WoW and start playing Hello Kitty, Island Adventure.

/facepalm. And here is a prime example of someone whose upset that they are no longer fotm...

lmfao, really? I'm playing a monk, currently and undisputedly one of the worst pvp classes out there, and I do just fine. I understand you're ego might be slightly bruised due to us being able to CC you're pet during BW, and lynx not doing immediate burst anymore, but hey, if you're so pro you don't need that burst damage to carry you with a single button, now do you?

But to be fair and honest, if you honestly think hunters ARN'T OP, at least in the sense of unimaginable CC, perhaps you should open up you're spell book and pull out a few of the above mentioned items so you can better lockout a healer with a blanket scatter/freeze trap/silence shot/intimidate while you're warrior pal, (of which I guarantee you partner up with since you're earlier statements suggest you lack the finesse of a more controlled fight, and would prefer an instant KO) does the truffle shuffle along with you're stampede.

As i said earlier; Blizzard has turned hunters into not only a class where anyone can play with just 2 buttons and a burst CD, but also a class that, given a veteran PvPer behind the keys, has one of the highest skill caps in the game.

You, sir, seem to lack that skill cap.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
It's not fair! If I'm not specced into shadow step I have to run all the way around to the stairs to get to the hunter that is shooting me from the high ground.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Hunters got it nicer than most when it comes to pets

You mean the fact that hunters are the only pet class in the game without an instant cast auto rez for their pet?

Hunters sure do have it good with those 10 sec pet rez casts.

12/08/2012 12:39 AMPosted by Paetheas
I always enjoy reading posts from the least skilled players in wow.

I always get a good laugh reading this hunters posts.
Edited by Thundër on 12/8/2012 2:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/08/2012 01:05 AMPosted by Dubmuffin
But to be fair and honest, if you honestly think hunters ARN'T OP, at least in the sense of unimaginable CC, perhaps you should open up you're spell book and pull out a few of the above mentioned items so you can better lockout a healer with a blanket scatter/freeze trap/silence shot/intimidate

Love this jewel.

It's pretty widely known that hunter CC is amongst the worst in the game(of the CC classes, some classes like DK aren't a CC spec).

Hunters have silencing shot on a 20 sec CD(only if spec'd).
Warlocks have a pet silence on a shorter CD. Baseline
Mages have a blanket silence with a lockout attached to it on a shorter CD.

Hunters have ice trap, the worst CC left in the entire game. It has to be placed on the ground(can't be targeted), is easily eaten by any other player from the enemy team, is unusable without additional CC just to set it up, has travel time, can be seen by the enemy, has a 2 sec arming time, and breaks on a single point of damage.
Warlocks have a spammable fear and can make it instant cast every 10 secs. Doesn't break on 1 pt of damage, is targetable, can be used with focus and macro's for off targets.
Mages have polymorph, a spammable CC that breaks on any damage. It also refunds health to it's target.

Hunters have scatter shot, a short range 4 sec disorient. Often causes people to path away from our ice trap. Breaks on any damage.
Warlocks have access to multiple stuns
Mages have deep freeze on a 30 sec CD. Mages also have nova on short CD. Mages also have Ring of Frost.

Not only do mages and locks have better CC than hunters, they have better burst, sustained damage, survivability, and utility. I hope you still don't think hunters are OP.

I imagine you will completely ignore facts and reality so that you can keep blaming your pvp failings on a class that isn't OP right now, but that's ok.

P.s. If hunters were so OP, why didn't a single team from the last Blizz arena tourny have a hunter on them. This was pre-nerf, btw, when hunters were much more powerful. Hint, 75% of the teams were Mage/Lock/Shaman. If MLS was roflstomping hunter teams before the big hunter nerf, there should be no reason why you think they are OP right now other than the fact that you don't know much about pvp balance.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
12/08/2012 08:34 AMPosted by Paetheas
If hunters were so OP, why didn't a single team from the last Blizz arena tourny have a hunter on them.

This is outdated information here bud. Hate to tell ya, but we're in MoP now, not cata. I'll answer you're question though. The problem with hunters in cata was they either CC (MM hunters) or took the route of a heavier damage dealer (BM) at the cost of half the survivability/CC due to a lack of the readiness, and no silence shot. You wanna know why you didnt see em last tourny? Because they could do only one of the 2 listed above, and could be 2 shotted if they weren't either on top of their game or ran out of deterences. Who the *^&$ wants to team up with that kind of partner if you could team up with a heavy hitter/CC like a mage or lock?

Hunters have ice trap, the worst CC left in the entire game. It has to be placed on the ground(can't be targeted), is easily eaten by any other player from the enemy team, is unusable without additional CC just to set it up, has travel time, can be seen by the enemy, has a 2 sec arming time, and breaks on a single point of damage.

I'd give my left testical for frost trap, good sir. The 2 problems with you're statement above is:
A.) You claim people will eat the trap. Yes, yes people do this, but as i'm willing to bet you already know, we healers can't spam dispell anymore, making trap eating a much tougher choice. Just watch for our cleanse to go on cooldown with a enemy CD watching add-on, then scatter/trap away
B.) Travel time, 2 sec arm, breaks on single point of damage. Please dont tell me you don't know how to scatter trap >_>. pleae please please don't say that, because i've looked at you're achievements and you should seem to be noteworthy enough. scatter= INSTANT cast, (which doesnt cost 10% hp as the locks instant fear does), You can't be stopped from using it via silence, (like mages and warlocks, whom are still in a high position, not trying to say they're on a level playing field with people), and can only be stopped with a disarm, which is less available amongst the classes, and its a 4 sec CC, which is ample time for you to correctly aim and arm you're trap, so that instead of an 8 sec CC, you get a 12 sec CC. breaking on a single point of damage? you were JUST complaining about polymorph a second ago, and polymorph actually heals the target.

Mages also have nova on short CD.

Feign death his hardcasts, masters call, if you get caught in a deepfreeze regardless just pop roar of courage to negate his crits. You're basing you're damage and CC argument off of 2 of the more Overpowered classes in the game.

Hunters have silencing shot on a 20 sec CD(only if spec'd).
Warlocks have a pet silence on a shorter CD. Baseline
Mages have a blanket silence with a lockout attached to it on a shorter CD.

warlocks pet silence isn't a shorter CD, its 24 seconds, and its only available if they have their felhunter out, or sac'd their felhunter so they can specifically use spell lock when using command demon. Demo locks probably wont be using this, as the fel guards damage and stun outweighs it.
Mages silence is also a 20 sec cd, same as yours, the only difference is that theirs does actually last longer than silence shot

TL:DR
Hunters weren't exactly arena viable in Cata, scatter before you trap for guaranteed accuracy and 4 extra seconds of CC, dont forget you have master's call and can even use it on you're team mates, roar of courage deep freezes, Hunter's silence isnt on a longer CD than mages and warlocks, but is equal on CD with mages.

Have a nice day :D
Reply Quote
70 Human Paladin
just go mongoloid play bm your pet solos instant gladiator gg
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA hunter cc worst in game rofl its been acknowledged by glad level players that if hunters are brought up to equal damage with other burst class they will be op not borderline op just straight up op
Reply Quote
It's payback for all the times hunters wiped us in UBRS.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Dubmuffin please stop using you're when you should be using your, it's giving me a !@#$%^- headache this kind of illiteracy.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
@burter
Lmao, sorry for the inconvenience and occasional typo. When typing a longer post I'll usually get one or 2 apostrophes in the wrong spot and a few typos. I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again, as not to upset the endless grammar !@#$s.

On an up note, you should get a kick out of this :).

http://m.adultswim.com/video/frisky-dingo/doom.html
Reply Quote
32 Human Paladin
One entire expansion later and Paethas is still bad. Incredible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]