Fury 2h macro

81 Troll Warrior
So I've tried all kinds of macros to equip a two-hander in the offhand slot, including setting an /equipset macro, and an /equipslot 17 macro. I thought at first it wasn't working because the item names are identical, but it won't work when I use a 2h mace in the offhand either. Has anyone had this issue, and/or can anyone suggest other ways to make it work for me?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Equipset does work. It's probably how you're using it in your macro that is the problem. Keep in mind that swapping items in combat activates the GCD. If your macro doesn't have equipset before a GCD spell then it will never equip in combat. And if you have equipset before any GCD ability you'll have to hit the button twice to use abilities because the swap activated the GCD. The GCD will only become active if there's an actual swap so it's possible to macro a GCD ability after equipset.
Edited by Mitimem on 12/8/2012 3:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
81 Troll Warrior
So I have two macros going between defensive and zerker stance. The first macro works, and the second doesn't.

#showtooltip Defensive Stance
/cast Defensive Stance
/equipset Defensive

#showtooltip Berserker Stance
/equipset Berserker
/cast Berserker Stance

I'm able to go and swap equipment sets manually, and it does what I want it to, but this second macro will not equip the two-hander in my offhand, no matter which 2h wep it is.

After messing around with macros a bunch, I've found that for some reason equipping the 2h sword and going zerker stance in the same macro will not work, no matter how I arrange them, but I'm able to use and /equipslot 17 [two-hand] macro separately. Maybe this will work to my benefit anyways by creating a weapon swap macro and leaving the stances as they are... Any thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The first works and the second doesn't because you have equipset before the stance change in the second macro. Swapping weapons in combat activates the global cooldown. Any cast in a macro after the GCD is active will be ignored.

Here's how it should be:
#showtooltip Berserker Stance
/cast Berserker Stance
/equipset Berserker

I don't have a warrior so I can't test ideas, but I think the [stance] conditional may be of use to help save keyboard space. The format looks right to me, but you'll have to test it. This creates a single button to toggle between Defensive Stance and Berserker Stance and change weapons at the same time.

Berserker is activated if you have no stance or any other stance. If you're Berseker it will activate Defensive.

#showtooltip [stance:3] Defensive Stance; Berserker Stance
/cast [stance:3] Defensive Stance; Berserker Stance
/equipset [stance:3] Defensive; Berserker

Also make sure your equipment sets used in the macro only have the main hand and off-hand selected with all other slots ignored.
Edited by Mitimem on 12/9/2012 5:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
81 Troll Warrior
12/08/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Valjhan
After messing around with macros a bunch, I've found that for some reason equipping the 2h sword and going zerker stance in the same macro will not work, no matter how I arrange them, but I'm able to use and /equipslot 17 [two-hand] macro separately.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]