QoL Changes for mistweaver(Not HPS increases)

90 Pandaren Monk
Thunder Focus Tea: Causes each application of renewing mist to "copy" onto a friendly target instantly and refreshes the duration on all targets, but reduces the duration to 10 seconds. Increases the CD on renewing mist by 2 seconds for 10 seconds.
Costs 1 Chi. 45 second CD.

( A )This would lower the skill cap slightly (Hey look, I don't need to have an addon just to track timers in order to perfectly time my TFT in order to heal my raid properly) because it could be hit re-actively or proactively.

( B ) Would allow us to better heal the raid during that burst because we didn't have to spend 3 chi (1 for TFT and 2 for uplift, and without jab spam Soothing mist chi generation is too RNG to guarentee we'd even have the 4 chi to aoe heal with) just to get it going, and then have cast the third RnM later.

( C )In 10 man you'd have a window of opportunity similer to what it is with TFT currently, but without the 10-30 second lead up time, And in 25 the you'd be able to use the last RNM cast to gain an additional 3 targets(15).

Our unloved mastery and a thought for change:
Reduce the duration and healing it does from being picked up, by 10 %, every 2 seconds.
In exchange, when it expires (after 20 seconds) have it "burst" anyone within 10 yards for the healing value of the sphere, divided among targets hit.

If this results in a much higher value being given to mastery in our % healing done, reduce the value of our mastery created healing sphere's appropriately.

I am asking for two quality of life changes.

( 1 ) Eminence healing range being increased to 40 yards to account for the high mobility nature of current raiding. (Because moving the JSS on high mobility fights is prohibitively expencive. The first two boss's of HoF are great examples of such.)

( 2 ) Return the chi generation on soothing mists to 35% in order to allow ranged healing to be an effective play style when the encounter demands it. Just for the smoother chi generation. (If this means a 15% increase in mana cost to offset the increased chi generation, I'd even be willing to work with that.)
Edited by Gajan on 12/12/2012 2:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
While i like the idea, putting @devs in the title is frowned upon.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I personally would like to see TFT being able to be drunk while channeling soothing mist, so that I could use it as a burst tank heal, similar to NS healing, minus being able to be cast it while moving. This way I could macro TFT--> surging mist for emergency tank heals.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I think RNM needs some changing badly. I wouldn't mind if they reduced its healing(and that of uplift) by a significant amount, but i would like for it to be less RNG(hopping to the tank repeatedly) and less build up(mechanic coming in 45 seconds time to build up my overheals!!).

The statue costs quite a bit and that feels unnecessary to me since it already has a cd(maybe less mana with a 2 second cast time?)

Disagree a little on the mastery. Various reasons floating around why. I just disagree on that one.
Reply Quote
12/09/2012 08:56 PMPosted by Erayo
I personally would like to see TFT being able to be drunk while channeling soothing mist, so that I could use it as a burst tank heal, similar to NS healing, minus being able to be cast it while moving. This way I could macro TFT--> surging mist for emergency tank heals.

Uhm it is this way already. My monk has been using that sort of macro for ages.

If I just hit TFT the channel continues but there is a graphical hiccup, if I use it macrod to surging it looks just like a normal surging except instead of 70k (non-crit) I see 140k (non-crit) pop up over the target.
Edited by Jaennelle on 12/11/2012 4:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
suggest changing your forum title as calling out blizzard or devs in your title is against forum rules :) last thing you want is a forum ban.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Sorry. I've been around since Vanilla and mainly just lurked on the forums. <.< I think this is the first time I've felt strongly enough about a class to merit actually trying to find solutions and seeking feedback from the Dev's. It's... painful that they've ceased to exist. I can't even go to the monk forums anymore. heh. They're just so depressing. >.<. It's like a thousand voices crying out for help and falling on deaf ears. So I came here. @_@
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]