I Don't Like It!

92 Dwarf Warrior
This has probably been discussed but any search I do brings up the wrong thing and not what I'm looking for.

With pets, mounts and everything else shared across my account Blizzard has taken away a huge part of my enjoyment of the game of WOW.

The reason I create several different characters is so that I can have a different experience of the game with each character. Having each with their own mounts, pets and achievements etc.

The way the game is now to do that I would have to create one character and play it as far as I can then delete it to create a second one to get the different experience that I want to get.

This has put me right off WOW which has been a game I have enjoyed for a long time - untill now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
really? i think its fantastic if i pay 80-100k for a mount an get it on all my chars i don't feel like it was such a waste of money.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Well, it is said that Dwarves do have a grumpy and somewhat 'difficult' temperament, making them hard to please at the best of times.

More ale for the short, ginger-haired gentleman over there, please Sir!
Reply Quote
92 Dwarf Warrior
12/09/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Daano
really? i think its fantastic if i pay 80-100k for a mount an get it on all my chars i don't feel like it was such a waste of money.

Okay with some things such as mounts - yes it is good but with others not so good.

For one thing I have about 20 Westfield chickens in my companion pet log because all my character's had one!

I don't mean to be grumpy I just want to know how I can get individual game experience for all the character's I have created - most of which I have had for a long time.

If they did it across server it wouldn't be so bad but it is across the board. Meaning that my Alliance character's on one server have the same of everything as my Horde character's which are on a different server. Which negates the reason I put my Alliance and Horde Characters on different servers.

More ale for the short, ginger-haired gentleman over there, please Sir![/quote]

And if yoo're going to buy me a beer make it a HaHm Premium Light thanks.
Edited by Moibhehm on 12/12/2012 3:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
For one thing I have about 20 Westfield chickens in my companion pet log because all my character's had one!

Cage em and sell them. I made a fortune selling all my excess pets when they did this.
Reply Quote
92 Dwarf Warrior
12/12/2012 06:47 PMPosted by Abînadi

Cage em and sell them. I made a fortune selling all my excess pets when they did this.

Hey thanks!
I didn't know I could do that.
How do I cage them to sell them though?

Also question about the mounts;
You needed reputation with a faction before you could ride their mount. Now that doesn't seem to matter cos I can ride any mount in the log. So is it correct then that reputation no longer matters.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

Hey thanks!
I didn't know I could do that.
How do I cage them to sell them though?

Just select the pet in your pet journal and them right click and 'put in cage'.
Reply Quote
92 Dwarf Warrior
Cool Thanks :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
well I love it...after this alt got exalted with the guild..I logged my orc hunter in to find I have a Kor'kron Annilator...sure beats the tatty gold lion that this one got
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Totaly hear where you're coming from. Those of us who played the game for many years and accross many characters were of an older generation. Todays player wants INSTANT SATISFACTION and doesn't have the patience to reroll an alt with 0 ach's and no vanity items.
I on the other hand used to enjoy the heck out of the experience. Besides my Twinks that had unrealistic amounts of PVP achi's for their level I also had Bank Alts with 75 pet achi, Dark Moon Faire mounts and dozens of outfits (On both factions mind you) that were basicly DESTROYED in the account merg proccess. I Can no longer prove I did 75 pet's at level 13 or show off my Darkmoon Faire dancing bear on my lvl 20 bank, cos any scrub can just earn it on thier main now and access it on their bank. it means nothing, and all the time I spent playing my alts was just a massive waste,
Also I have a 2nd account with a bunch of mounts and pets on it that arn't on my main account. But now that pets and mounts are account bound I can't get them off my 2nd account on to my first one... X-fering a toon from account to account will only bring the toon, any mounts I aquired playing that character are bound to the account it was on...
Obvoiusly theres no way I can put time into a 2nd account with ach's being account wide now, so again, all the time spent playing characters on that account is completly wasted. Thanks again...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
[really? i think its fantastic if i pay 80-100k for a mount an get it on all my chars i don't feel like it was such a waste of money.]

I think it is good too to pay once for a 'Mount' etc, but if you already have 'mount' 'pet' multiple times, then some sort of 'refund' for account isn't tooooo much too ask after all we have 'paid & played' for those items more than once.

OOOHHHH yes, where is my refund for the 2nd and 3rd 'Traveller's Tundra Mammoth'?

If you are going to combine to an account, at least give us something back for all the 'time' we spent farming for enough gold to buy the mounts that we had multiples of that - oh my gosh! - oinly have one of now!!! Come on Blizz. Monthly subscription... All good.... Time lost on playing for Rares and Multiple mounts/pets..... not quite on the balanced side there....

Be fair - we pay, play fair - we pay...
For you consideration....
Edited by Tayls on 1/5/2013 3:12 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]