I don't seem to see alot of....

...Holy Paladins in this thread :( *Sigh* Are they that bad at the moment? Or do alot of people just not want to play them?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
They have little to complain about, tbh. lol. Pally was never bad. At their worst, they're still middle of the road.

That being said, they are a bit pigeonholed into tankhealing more than other classes. A lot of paladins have overcome that using some innovative strats though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I enjoy healing as a paladin, but you probably don't see a lot of people just posting in the healer forums talking about how much they enjoy their class.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Ya you dont see many Hpallies in here, because they have little to complain about. Great in both pve and pvp right now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Even on the paladin board you don't see a lot of holy paladins complaining. Not about healing at least. You always see one or two complain about doing dailies as holy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yep. We're fine. Fun spec, good numbers, reasonably effective mechanics with good synergy. Our set bonuses are nice, our itemization isn't bad, our stat priorities are straightforward and sensible, our glyphs are decent by MoP standards, and our talents are fun and useful in both PvE and PvP. We're not OP, we're not at any major disadvantage.

You're just not going to see a lot of people coming out and making the effort to post "My class is just fine in every possible respect."
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Yep. We're fine. Fun spec, good numbers, reasonably effective mechanics with good synergy. Our set bonuses are nice, our itemization isn't bad, our stat priorities are straightforward and sensible, our glyphs are decent by MoP standards, and our talents are fun and useful in both PvE and PvP. We're not OP, we're not at any major disadvantage.

You're just not going to see a lot of people coming out and making the effort to post "My class is just fine in every possible respect."

I'd like to see some better tools for spread situations where Holy Radiance is not effective. You can only generate so much Holy Power through Holy Shock and Tower of Radiance.

That being said, it seems very selfish to complain about my class right now with Mistweavers (and I suppose Resto Druids) in the state they are in. I should be grateful my class hasn't been neutered completely. Holy Paladins, as you said, are in a pretty good place right now.

I like it.
Edited by Tailias on 12/10/2012 12:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The thing about Hpallies in this endgame content is that they seem to benefit the most from improving gear when compared to other healing classes. A paladin in the process of gearing up will have a much harder time being an effective healer in a raid group than, say, a shaman. Once geared to a reasonable level, though, they are quite strong.

As someone pointed out, they are pigeonholed into tankhealing just because people are still stuck on that mindset that paladins can only single/duo target heal effectively. But I always top heal charts in my raids, both LFR and 10man. The funny part is that while I was gearing up, I almost lost hope that paladins stand a chance with this expansion, but I'm glad I stuck it out.
Edited by Blössom on 12/10/2012 1:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Holly paladins are OP as !@#$ in pvp. Don't make me laugh.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Druids aren't?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
were quiet because were happy with our position in the healing community , we just relax and read other healers pain. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'll admit i enjoy healing on my paladin a fair bit. Dem cooldowns. And it isn't quite so one button wonder. It's also why i enjoy holy spec for priests.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Oh, we're here.

Some of us are stealth pallies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hpally's as said above are in a pretty good spot. I wouldn't agree with us scaling better then other classes, as I was doing decent on heals as soon as I had 463 ilvl gear. I've changed my playstyle with the gear as I've went up. Also, I think pallies have a lot to offer right now as far as either being pigeon holed to just tank healing or even effect as raid healer in multiple situations such as spread out or grouped up with EF blanketing or HR spam and LoD.

Our pvp ability is in as good a spot as its been since I started raiding and pvping as hpally at the start of Cata. So no matter what your looking into doing right now your in a pretty decent spot with a decent amount of options of playstyle. Just don't do dailies as holy my only recommendation.
Edited by Jelvis on 12/10/2012 6:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
My only complaint is for healers in general. I just don't think heals scaled up enough with the larger health pools.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The only thing I could think of that Holy Pallies could complain about is Devotion Aura not including Physical Damage.

Other than that, they are in a good spot.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Nothing for them to complain about - they are on top again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/10/2012 07:49 AMPosted by Rainstorms
My only complaint is for healers in general. I just don't think heals scaled up enough with the larger health pools.

ehh i dont have a problem in terms of that crit helps out alot
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/10/2012 09:06 AMPosted by Kuruption
The only thing I could think of that Holy Pallies could complain about is Devotion Aura not including Physical Damage.

It'd be cool if we could glyph it like we can Divine Protection.
But whatever.
/hairflip
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hpally is not on top see disc priest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]