Thinking about ditching mining

100 Blood Elf Monk
im 600 jc/min and im thinking of ditching mining and PL either tailoring or BS which would be better probably for me
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Alchemy and enchanting have the best synergy with JC if you want to sell your goods. Blacksmithing if you PVP. I like having a tailor but, while she can double or triple my investment in netherweave, she's not making me rich. I use inscription and jc for that.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Death Knight
It's a good think you're ditching mining; ore prices are incredibly low and I can't imagine making much gold from farming. I don't think JC goes with tailoring or bs but I could be wrong. The only reason you would want JC and Alch is because of transmutes but they typically sell for around half their mat cost on my server, all thanks to the lovely golden lotus. Unless you farm spirit of harmony for Riddle of Steel, I don't see it as being worth it. It depends on what you want. Do you want to make gold, cool stuff, or just want the profession bonuses?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I sell primal diamonds. Lots and lots of primal diamonds. I do so at a profit on every single one. I'm pretty good at basic math and I make sure that selling price - materials gives me more gold than when I started, not less.

The transmute procs are a nice bonus but JC would still be lucrative without it. Alchemy simply saves me a great deal of gold with trillium transmutes, living steel transmutes (two x2 procs in the last three days) and double duration flasks. It's excellent synergy but then so is enchanting.

The angst lies in the fact that is just isn't as good as it was during Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Rogue
You have a mining alt? If you don't, keep mining. You can't always rely on AH prices on ore being low. But otherwise Blacksmithing is good.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
12/10/2012 03:36 AMPosted by Greer
You have a mining alt? If you don't, keep mining. You can't always rely on AH prices on ore being low. But otherwise Blacksmithing is good.

If he can't buy the ore off of the AH and turn a profit, he should be selling the ore he minds, not crafting.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Absolutely, ditch the gathering profession.

The reason is simple: Motes, not mats, are your limiting reagent in crafting anything.

You cannot get more motes by gathering. This means gatherers are forced to sell their materials super-cheap, because there are so many materials and so few motes (not implying you can sell motes, just that motes are rare and if you're a gatherer you'll have more materials than you know what to do with and you'll be limited by motes alone).

QED: You should not gather.

I ditched skinning when I put this together, and even though the crafting profession I picked up isn't maxed yet, I couldn't be happier. I filled my own bank, and my guild bank, and I got to the point of actually vending my leather.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
If you are looking for gold, I would suggest enchanting with jewelcrafting. If you are looking for the best profession perk, consider BS for the additional secondary stats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]