How well will this Dell XPS play Wow?

55 Human Death Knight
I was just wondering how well this laptop will be able to play Wow. My gf got this for me for Christmas. I have all the expansions too btw.

Dell XPS L502X
Windows 7 64 Bit
Core I5-2520 Dual Core 2.5 Ghz with Turbo Boost to 3.20 GHz
500 GB Hard Drive
8 GB Ram
1080P B+RG LED
Intel(R) HD Graphics Family 3851.083984375MB
Nvidia GT540M 2047.8125MB
Panasonic BD-RE Drive
Intel 1030 Wifi and Bluetooth Radios
JBL 2.1 Speakers with Waves Maxx Audio
56 Whr battery
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Fairly well, as long as you're using the 540's Graphics.

I can't say you'll be able to run at ultra-max in RAIDS, but you can at least keep up.
Reply Quote
55 Human Death Knight
thats good to hear lol :) right now im playing on my gfs hp pavilion g7 with a AMD Athlon 2 P360 dual core processor 2.30 ghz, AMD M880G with ati mobility radeon hd 4250 and 2 gigs of ram and i have to play at low settings and i only get 25 fps

Would i be able to play on ultra settings just questing with decent fps?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Nope, that will not be able to run on ultra whatsoever, especially with that GPU. You're looking at medium-ish settings while out questing.
Reply Quote
55 Human Death Knight
well i guess its better then what im currently playing on lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How willing are you to build your own computer? What's the price of this Dell? It seems intimidating for the task but I assure you it's much less daunting when you have a forum full of computer geeks to help you.

EDIT: Oh, it's a laptop. Never miiiind~
Edited by Liposuction on 12/7/2012 8:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
55 Human Death Knight
lol ya my gf already paid for it. it was 500 but i needed a laptop for school and work badly so she got me this. i havent gotten it yet its suppose to be here tomorrow but i was asking around just to see if its a decent laptop
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You should be fine for raiding as long as you're comfortable turning some settings down. Have fun in the World of Warcraft!
Reply Quote
55 Human Death Knight
ya i plan on leaving the shadow set to low and a few others set to low that i really dont care about. i heard shadow really affecrs your performance
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]