Account help

90 Blood Elf Hunter
I want to end my subscription to WoW for a little while when in runs out at the end of the month. If I hit the cancel my subscription option will I be able to reactivate my account at a later time?
Reply Quote
59 Draenei Shaman
As far as I know it will cancel ongoing payments, but you will still be able to play for the game-time you have already purchased. You can resubscribe at any time :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Yes you can. You will be able to pick up where you left off when you come back. But to secure your account for when you come back, get an authenticator and apply it to your account. Hackers love inactive accounts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Okay guys. Thank you for the help, would the SMS text message authenticator be sufficient? Or should I buy a physical authenticator?
Reply Quote
83 Undead Monk
I bought a physical authenticator, as I have heard of issues happening with the phone ones in Canada.

It's entirely up to you, but I was able to pack up my authenticator in my collector's edition when I took a break, and it was there waiting for me when I returned :)

Not sure how the phone one works, I believe there are FAQs available?
Edited by Proxied on 12/12/2012 12:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
SMS protection is not the same as an authenticator.
If you have a smart phone the mobile autenticator PLUS SMS protection is fine.

Just one word of caution if you get the mobile authenticator immediately locate the serial number, write it down and put it in a safe place. You'll need that number to easily remove it from your account should you ever loos/break/reset your phone.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
12 Human Mage
SMS Protect is a text messaging service that lets you know about account changes, NOT an Authenticator.

The only two valid authenticator options are the one for smart/mobile devices and the keychain. FAQ is here https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-authenticator-faq

As Arizza said, if you get the mobile one write down not only the serial number, but also the restore code! That way if you break your phone you can put the application on a new device and have access to your account again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]