Stuck at "Updating Blizzard Launcher"

(Locked)

93 Human Warlock
When I try to go into the game from the Launcher, I hit the screen that says "Updating Blizzard Launcher". The bar goes to about 2/3 of the way full, then just stops. The only option I have is to exit the launcher and try again, and the same thing happens.

I think the launcher files may have been corrupted, and I need to get rid of what's corrupted so I can redownload just the launcher.

If I go into the game directly, it works fine.
Support Forum Agent
Boffo

Try this:

1. Make sure that Windows is set to show hidden files.

Here's how to do that: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Show-hidden-files

2. Navigate to the C:\ProgramData folder and delete the Battle.net folder.
3. Navigate to the WoW folder and delete the "Updates" folder.
4. Launch WoW.

Let me know what happens.
There was no Battle.net folder in the ProgramData folder, even though I have "See Hidden Files on" (I can see other hidden files and folders)

I deleted the Updates folder, but the issue persists.
93 Human Warlock
And BTW, this computer runs on Windows XP if that helps.
Support Forum Agent
Boffo

Here are the steps on a XP system: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-battlenet-tools-folder-pc?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS
OK, deleted the battle.net folder (there were other folder there that seemed to be related to Blizzard games I didn't delete) and the Update folder. Still having the issue of getting stuck 2/3s of the way through the bar before getting into the Launcher.
Support Forum Agent
Boffo

Go into the World of Warcraft/Data folder and delete the Cache folder in addition to the Updates folder and try again.
It seems to be working now. Thank you.

P.S. Stop smashing my trains.
Support Forum Agent
Boffo

You're welcome, please feel free to post again if you have any other questions or problems.
i had the same problem today execpt i noticed in my process i have 50 differnt agent.exe from the battle.net folder running.
59 Human Death Knight
I got the message "cannot delete agent.exe-access is denied" yes my account is the admin
90 Pandaren Priest
Had the same problem; fellowed all the steps, worked, thank you very much!
90 Human Paladin
Worked for me as well did not have to delete the bat.net folder
1 Human Rogue
ugh bought this game a while ago..installed two days prior so I could play with my friend in Canada...I just purchased a new laptop and am not familiar with new windows yet. I am trying to uninstall an reinstall. I would just like to play the game...easy fix for this problem? stuck on updating blizzard downloader screen.Also is this going to mess up my guest pass credit?
90 Orc Death Knight
Now im stuck Any ideas for windows 7??
1 Human Rogue
so im reinstalling...can I log into my old acct when its done? its asking me for a gamepass key again?
I've done everything in here and still get the problem of being 2/3 through the bar on the launcher. :( FML.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]