revival?

90 Pandaren Monk
Was revival nerfed?
I am in lfr and its only hitting 32k non crits around 80k crits?
yet it was hitting 120k+ the other day.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It does less healing the more people it heals.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Ya in LFR/25 mans, it rapidly drops off in terms of healing due to hitting far more people. It's why its a very poor utility CD for 25 man raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
anyone actually know at what point it drops off?
so how much does it drop off when healing 10 or 5?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
AoE healing that suffers diminishing returns reaches its maximum effectiveness at 6 players and drops off from there.

You can calculate how much it will heal each player by calculating how much it heals one single target alone, multiplying that by 6, then dividing by the number of players you will actually be healing.

e.g. if Revival heals you when you're all by yourself for 125k, then it heals 6 targets for 750k, and heals 25 targets for (750k/25 =) 30k each.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
thank you :D
so if it does heal 125k no matter what it will only heal that amount times 6?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
thank you :D
so if it does heal 125k no matter what it will only heal that amount times 6?

Correct, but the actual base appears to be in the 130k or so range. In 10s it will usually hit ~100k depending on the presence of pets, for 25s it generally hits low-mid 30s as you experienced.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Oh yeah sorry my number was just an illustration, haha, obviously each person's Revival healing will depend on their spell power and whatnot :P (It heals each target for 13,684 + 5*Spell Power.)
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Monk
Revival isn't even worth it's 3 min cd. its not a spell worth calling a healing cd. It blows thralls balls now and it annoys me when shamans and druids get all their top heals from aoe ground spells and I can't even save the raid anymore when I am needed.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Why necro this poor thread? It was dead and buried last December until you interfered with it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
not to mention necro it with misinformation

revival is a great spell, the nerf did nothing to the important part of it: press a button and instantly prevent the raid from dying
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Revival isn't even worth it's 3 min cd. its not a spell worth calling a healing cd. It blows thralls balls now and it annoys me when shamans and druids get all their top heals from aoe ground spells and I can't even save the raid anymore when I am needed.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. Even with the recent 30% nerf revival is an absolutely AMAZING spell. If used effectively it can easily provide 6-9 million+ healing per fight, or about 3+ million healing a use (in my gear, in 25 man). A spell that does that much healing instantly should not be overlooked.....

Not to mention it's our only raid CD..

In any case, I know this was necro'd. But like Bushmills said, it was necro'd with both outdated and poor information.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
It's a great spell... Can easily save a group. Can't really expect it to do insane HPS since it's instant cast.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Revival is pretty eh.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Does anyone ever encounter revival barely healing at all? Some context was in PvP, I was with our FC and one other person. I hit revival, it cleared all dots but didn't even dent our health. Either it was a weird bug or too much burst happening!

Just wonderin'.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Does anyone ever encounter revival barely healing at all? Some context was in PvP, I was with our FC and one other person. I hit revival, it cleared all dots but didn't even dent our health. Either it was a weird bug or too much burst happening!

Just wonderin'.

You've got a 55% base healing reduction from Battle Fatigue and probably another 25% mortal strike effect. So you're only taking about 33% healing from everything.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Yeah, monks are so useless. The can only put out respectable dps while healing and never oom. No one wants them.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Yeah, monks are so useless. The can only put out respectable dps while healing and never oom. No one wants them.

lol
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
Fear my 10-50k dps in 25 mans depending on fight.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
yeah 50k dps from a monk and 50k from a disc for 100k extra free dps while everyone lives is just useless.

Disc/Monk combo has been so under used in MoP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]