Comparing Warriors to DKs

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I been getting this guy geared, but the class has been pissing me off. Thinking about leveling a warrior, but I gotta make sure it won't be quite as annoying. Basically the issue with DK is every now and again I'll be standing there with no RP and no runes, and it's a drag.

Anyways, I really don't care about class balance or anything, but lemme ask the PVP warriors here a simple question. On a scale of 1-10, how often do you find yourself sitting on a target with no skills available to be used?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Leveling rage starve it's somewhat frequent, unless you go prot warr. Arms has it slightly easier then fury for leveling since it's less crit reliant and OP can multi-proc. If you decide to level as a warr pick up shockwave for a free damage ability with a quick CD.
Edited by Malfurios on 12/7/2012 11:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
At 90, you will almost NEVER be rage starved unless your trying to sneak in a heroic strike in every time it's of cool down. As a DK, you have manage your runes very efficiently, which is alot harder than it sounds, but Blood Tap and Boiling Blood make it a bit easier. But in pvp for example, if you run the Bull Rush glyph (which I do) you start off a fight with 30 rage, assuming you charge, and in battle-stance your first auto attack is gonna give you like 20 rage. Even Defensive-stance, I find that rage comes extremely easy.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Being rage-starved is pretty rare nowadays due to the options we have in generating it. As long as you know how to play your class you should have no problems in pulling off your attack.

We have Heroic Strike for a reason; excess rage is more of a problem than having no rage.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
12/07/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Eskwyre
I been getting this guy geared, but the class has been pissing me off. Thinking about leveling a warrior, but I gotta make sure it won't be quite as annoying. Basically the issue with DK is every now and again I'll be standing there with no RP and no runes, and it's a drag.

I can't speak from a general play perspective as I've only ever tanked on my DK alt, but in general, that's the biggest difference between DK and warrior. DK's are very much a strategic, think 3 moves ahead, style of play, whereas warriors are much more reactive, always doing something, always something they can do.

You may find you like the reactive style of warrior more, it's definitely one of the reasons I play them. It's very rare to catch a protection warrior with no way to react to a change in the situation.
Reply Quote
I'm still gearing up through heroics at the moment, but haven't really been having much in the way of rage issues. I've been gearing for active mitigation though - hit/exp, mastery,parry, dodge.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]