Advice from the community

90 Night Elf Druid
Hey Folks,

Have this dilemma. I have 87 druid, war, paladin and I can't really figure out which one to focus on. I want to get into PVE tanking and then also when I'm not doing that PVP as dps. Any thoughts?

I have read these and a few other boards. I don't want something that will bore me nor do I want something realllly complicated to play.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You're the only one who can really put a weight on how much you value their PvP potential. Warriors in PvP have pretty much never gone wrong, for example.

All the tanks are viable, but you haven't given any information on how much tanking you've done with them and which ones you enjoy.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ahh sorry. Honestly, I haven't tanked on any of them. I just PVP'd because my wife and I never had time to really commit to doing PVE or raiding. We do not somewhat so I'd like to get into it.

I enjoyed the druid alot before they changed it, my opinion is still up in the air about it. Keeping savage roar up is annoying me when I feel like those cps can be used elsewhere. And I miss bearcatting.

I enjoyed the paladin before they got nerfed to the ground.

I enjoyed the warrior alot as well, but my guild currently already has a MT war so they had told me a druid or paladin would be nice, but I'm not really sure about that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Then my advice would be to tank on them now, decide which one you enjoy, and then invest time based on a combination of which you enjoy Tanking on most and which you enjoy PvP'ing on most.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Warriors are fun. They have the best mobility, lots of active mitigation, making them ideal for tanking adds and bosses.

Pallys own the AoE threat, so they are easy to play against trash.

By lots of AM, you mean two. Pallys have SotR and WoG, Druids have SD and FR, and Monks have BoK and glyphed Guard/their magic CD talent. All classes can tank current content with moderate skill by the player.

I could give you an opinion, but they're like butts.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]