OpenRaid using the blizzard API

90 Draenei Mage
Hi All,

We recently starting using "feed" when getting characters from the Battle.net API, aside from a few others we were using.
However, after much less requests than we've done before, we are getting throttled for the rest of the day. We have been getting 503 errors since yesterday.
When I wget this with any other IP, or locally, it works. Just our IP is blocked. An email was sent to API support.

This is the output:

########@server:~# wget http://us.battle.net/api/wow/character/khazgoroth/Ghunne?fields=guild,items,progression,talents,stats,pvp,feed,titles
--2012-12-09 13:45:50-- http://us.battle.net/api/wow/character/khazgoroth/Ghunne?fields=guild,items,progression,talents,stats,pvp,feed,titles
Resolving us.battle.net... 12.129.242.40, 2a03:8180:1001:6f::100
Connecting to us.battle.net|12.129.242.40|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 503 Service Unavailable
2012-12-09 13:45:51 ERROR 503: Service Unavailable.

Could you please fix this asap!

Feel free to contact me if you need any more information.

Thanks

--
battlepanda
OpenRaid Development
Reply Quote
I am actually glad they are throttling feed higher then other requests. It is currently bugged and gives a feed for the account and not per character regardless of the setting of showing individual achievments or not. For now why not just revert back to not using feed?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
That's what we are doing. Its a shame that the API cannot support a community site, isnt that what it was created for?

We would like to continue using the "feed" if possible blizzard, please let me know if/when we can come to a solution.

Thanks

--
battlepanda
OpenRaid Development
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
My host had been doing some funky things a couple weeks back, later on it turned out they blocked all outbound connections. This made it appear as though Blizzard had blocked the IP.

Whether you're using a vpn share or are just on a webhost, try nudging your provider. Maybe they can give some clues.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]