Need help with macro! [SOLVED]

90 Goblin Shaman
Hi there,

I'm sure this is a rather simple macro. I was wondering if someone could help me out anyways, I've been trying to get this to work and can't seem to. I'm trying to make a macro that will cast Spell A, but if "Spell A" is on cooldown, it will cast "Spell B". Specifically, I'm trying to make a one-button macro to cast Astral Recall, but if it's on cooldown it will cast my hearthstone.

All I have so far is a macro using a modifier between the two.

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Astral Recall; [mod:shift] Hearthstone

Thanks in advance!
Edited by Inductance on 12/9/2012 6:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You can try this, but I suspect the sequence will reset itself because of the loading screen.
/castsequence Astral Recall, Hearthstone

If that doesn't work your only option is a modifier macro because macros can't use an ability if it's available and if not do something else.

Here's the correct syntax of your macro:
/cast [mod:shift] Hearthstone; Astral Recall
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
You can try this, but I suspect the sequence will reset itself because of the loading screen.
/castsequence Astral Recall, Hearthstone

Hi, and thanks for the quick reply.

I tried that and it seems to work fine even with the loading screen, however I would like Astral Recall (10m cd) to come first.

I'm trying this right now:

/castsequence reset=600 Astral Recall, Hearthstone

What do you think?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
12/09/2012 06:20 AMPosted by Inductance
/castsequence reset=600 Astral Recall, Hearthstone

That is the closest you can get to your desired behavior (and from a user perspective will behave the same way). Spell cooldowns are not an allowed conditional for secure actions such as spellcasting, but when you have only two spells, this is a perfectly viable method of switching between them based on a CD.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]