Shadow Hunter RP

(Locked)

36 Undead Priest
Yes, Shadow Hunters. I know several threads have been made of this, but most of them are all from 2 years back, and I didn't want to necro.
The main question is: Are Shadow Hunters capable of being RPed with being overly powerful, are they accecpted, and what should I not do?
I sort of thought I would be an Enhancement Shaman, and say I was a Shadow Hunter, but what does the rest of World's End Tavern think?
90 Dwarf Mage
12/09/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Augustev
Are Shadow Hunters capable of being RPed with being overly powerful, are they accecpted, and what should I not do?

Yes, you can RP a Shadow Hunter quite easily without it being overly powerful. In all honesty, as their description reads - they are a headhunter who uses magic to infuse their attacks, enhance themselves and aid their allies while hunting their foes. They are definitely accepted - they seem to be the most respected and the highest authority within the society of jungle trolls.

As for what not to do... I can't really think of anything. Just make sure to do the research to get a good grasp of how to RP them - what Loa to call upon and etc.

12/09/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Augustev
I sort of thought I would be an Enhancement Shaman, and say I was a Shadow Hunter, but what does the rest of World's End Tavern think?

Enhancement shaman, hunter and monk will all work for this class - even warrior, rogue and -maybe- druid to an extent. Just remember that the traditional weapon of the Shadow Hunters is a double-bladed spear, while this doesn't necessarily mean you -having- to use a spear, since Shadow Hunters generally come from Headhunters, you will want to utilize a class that can:

Wear leather and/or mail.
Wield polearms.

Then look at the optional aspects of:
Heal
Magical effects

The first two are more important - but as said you can probably get away without using a polearm.
36 Undead Priest
I imagined them more as... witch doctors who used weapons along with their voodoo.
90 Dwarf Mage
12/09/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Augustev
I imagined them more as... witch doctors who used weapons along with their voodoo.

Nope.

They're a Headhunter who has gone on a spiritual journey, pretty much. They've become in-tune with the Loa and the Spirits and calls upon their blessings to augment their abilities.
64 Blood Elf Death Knight
no

Edit:

Please don't post in old threads unless otherwise instructed to do so by a forum representative.

This thread is now locked.
Edited by Dankorii on 11/6/2013 7:30 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]