shaman tanking and 2H

(Locked)

90 Draenei Shaman
dear blizzard you should let shamans tank because....

pally=ret(dps) prot(tank) holy(heal)

monk=windwhatever(dps) brewmaster(tank) mistweaver(heal)

druid=balance(dps) feral(dps-tank) resto(heal)

these are considered the true hybrids so it only seems natural that the shaman should follow the same criteria. also notice how the druid has technically 4 specs since feral can be used as a cat for dps or bear for tanking.

the shaman could follow the druid's method; shaman=ele(dps) enh(dps-tank) resto(heal) or...

completely overhaul the elemental spec to be a mix of melee/caster dps and dedicate the enh spec to pure tanking so it would look something like this;

shaman=elemental(melee/caster dps, you could put in specialization so that we have one area stronger than another for those that like casting over melee or vice versa) enh(pure tanking) resto(heal)
hope you like my idea and thank you

P.S. enh 2H is really cool so bring that back too. thank you
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/09/2012 08:22 PMPosted by Wafectus
these are considered the true hybrids so it only seems natural that the shaman should follow the same criteria.

Guess I can't argue with that, better give a tank spec to priests and give a healing spec to DK's and warriors.
90 Draenei Shaman
12/09/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Chillbros
Guess I can't argue with that, better give a tank spec to priests and give a healing spec to DK's and warriors.

priest wouldnt fall under the category of hybrids like the other classes i mentioned. i do agree there should be one cloth tank and the likely candidate would be demo loks. and why would you want to give a healing spec to to warrs and dks? there already exists a plate healer. did u not notice?
90 Tauren Shaman
tanking spec to shamans would mean an re-work of the class, wouldnt it?
90 Draenei Shaman
12/09/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Marbulls
tanking spec to shamans would mean an re-work of the class, wouldnt it?

yes and i did include an idea for that in my OP

the shaman could follow the druid's method; shaman=ele(dps) enh(dps-tank) resto(heal) or...completely overhaul the elemental spec to be a mix of melee/caster dps and dedicate the enh spec to pure tanking so it would look something like this;
90 Troll Shaman
This poor horse...
90 Troll Shaman
these are considered the true hybrids so it only seems natural that the shaman should follow the same criteria.

Dude, warriors have a healing spec. I was in a pug where a Prot warrior outhealed a Holy paladin.

You don't even know.

But in all seriousness, I support shaman tanking if done right (dual-wield tanking with rockbiter).

-edit-

Its actually quite easier then you think, and would operate fairly similar to Enhance, like how Feral and Guardian used to and still are somewhat similar in style.

Our bearform instead would be something to do with grounding ourself in Earth. Rockbiter would add 3% crit reduction so that dual-wielding it would give is crit immunity. We wouldn't get lava lash because that's enhance only, and instead get some sort of short range cleave to pick up multiple targets with the off-hand. While in the form, we'd get extra stamina and armor. Earth shock would lose its damage portion but become a taunt.

All that is left is an aoe taunt and a defensive cd.

Its really not that hard if they wanted to do it.

Except they don't, so /thread.
Edited by Ursinine on 12/9/2012 9:17 PM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
12/09/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Ursinine
Our bearform instead would be something to do with grounding ourself in Earth. Rockbiter would add 3% crit reduction so that dual-wielding it would give is crit immunity. We wouldn't get lava lash because that's enhance only, and instead get some sort of short range cleave to pick up multiple targets with the off-hand. While in the form, we'd get extra stamina and armor. Earth shock would lose its damage portion but become a taunt.

brilliance. your post left me satisfied so ill refrain from posting anymore after this one. perhaps the underlying problem is me. ive been a shaman since vanilla and could never ever bring myself to play another class. i wanna try tanking but ill feel like too much of a traitor if i create any other new class toon. this class is me. and i am shaman
90 Troll Shaman
12/09/2012 09:29 PMPosted by Wafectus
this class is me. and i am shaman

#swag
90 Draenei Shaman
Please stop posting... even as a troll this isnt funny. It's been dead since vanilla pvp, don't bring it up anymore.
1 Tauren Shaman
12/09/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Substance
This poor horse...
:(
90 Orc Shaman
12/09/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Wafectus

priest wouldnt fall under the category of hybrids like the other classes i mentioned. i do agree there should be one cloth tank and the likely candidate would be demo loks. and why would you want to give a healing spec to to warrs and dks? there already exists a plate healer. did u not notice?

Ok, so why should Shamans get made into a "true" hybrid and the rest of them not? Do you realize how absurdly biased you sound?

12/09/2012 09:29 PMPosted by Wafectus
brilliance. your post left me satisfied so ill refrain from posting anymore after this one. perhaps the underlying problem is me. ive been a shaman since vanilla and could never ever bring myself to play another class. i wanna try tanking but ill feel like too much of a traitor if i create any other new class toon. this class is me. and i am shaman

If you're really a Shaman, then stop trying to change Shaman into what you want it to be and start enjoying the Shaman for what it is.
90 Dwarf Shaman
No.
90 Tauren Shaman
12/09/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Substance
This poor horse...

It stopped being a dead horse about 50 million posts ago it's just like a rusty red smear on the ground that is hardly there and just beat into the dirt so much that you can't even tell what it ever was to begin with.

To the OP. NO just No. Stop asking for this. If they rebalance us for a Tank spec we are going to get screwed up. Not the menchion the problems of being a Mail tank. Druids have hard a most painful tweaking to get where they are right now after stam stacking died. To think having to go through that kind of tweaking with shamans *shudder*. If you can't help yourself and you just need to have all the classes be cookie cutter clones of each other then go find another MMO like warhammer or something idk but I am just fine with my DPS DPS Healing spec set up. I play DK's Warriors and druids for tanks I don't need my shaman to start tanking.
90 Orc Shaman
Nei..*gurgle* ... *choke* ...ghhhh
90 Draenei Shaman
NO
90 Orc Shaman
Let's ask the bird for an opinion:
http://i.imgur.com/fiadm.gif
51 Pandaren Shaman
4th spec would be interesting.
90 Troll Shaman
I think the idea that was posed in this thread about a true hybrid, is a hybrid that can fulfill 3 roles, as opposed to 1 or 2.

Let's look, for example:

1 role classes

Rogue - Melee DPS
Hunter - Ranged DPS
Warlock - Ranged DPS
Mage - Ranged DPS

2 role classes

Warrior - Tank, Melee DPS (2 specs of melee dps)
Priest - Healer, Ranged DPS (2 specs of healing)

3 role classes

Monk - Tank, Healer, Melee DPS
Paladin - Tank, Healer, Melee DPS
Shaman - Melee DPS, Healer, Ranged DPS

4 role classes

Druid - Tank, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, Healer

So as we can see, there are certainly hybrid classes, but I believe the idea posed n this thread about a "true hybrid" was fulfilling a different role with each spec, which Priests and Warriors do not fall under.
90 Tauren Shaman
Im all for bringing the 2h back, and im sure most of the shaman community is to, make a talent where you can put lava lash on a 2h and dur you go.(just a thought) but reworking the whole enhace spec for tanking i dont agree with, i love playing enhance i dont want it to change. There was a time back in BC where shamans could tank, theirs videos on Youtube but the horse is dead , pooor poor horse is dead.

posting this on the shaman forums doesnt help, knowone reads the class forums. matter of fact which forums would you post on if you had an idea, anyone know?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]