Battle.net Error #105

85 Gnome Rogue
I keep getting battle.net error #105 when trying to log in, yes I have changed my password.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Occisòr

A lot of times after server maintenance or if you are just having a hard time connecting to the game it's a good idea to power cycle the connection. This will clear out the DNS cache and allow the connection to build new connection information.

Here's how to power cycle:

1. Turn off all computers on the network
2. Unplug the power from the modem and the router (if applicable)
3. Wait about 1-2 minutes
4. Plug in the modem first and wait for it to completely boot up
5. If there was a router, plug the power back in and wait for it to completely boot up
6. Turn on the computers and try the game out

If that doesn't work try flushing the DNS: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/ip-release-renew-and-flush-dns

Let me know what happens.
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Dankorii,
I was having issues logging on. I didn't power cycle (my kids were using the network, too) but i did flush the DNS following the attached link. It worked like a charm, thanks!
Harrow
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
i have a similar problem, it shows the error and i hit cancel then relog in and it will work, but if i close WoW and try to log in it will do this and it will freeze my computer for like a minute until i can click cancel and relog in. i did both of the things above and it still does this, i can play but its a real inconvenience
Reply Quote
10 Human Paladin
I am experiencing the same issue as above. it will freeze the computer for a minute and then i have to relog in. then it's fine. in fact, 3 out of 5 times it does this on initial log in. then, if i wait until the freeze is over, I can log in just fine.

I am on a mac, if it matters.
please help!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Why is it that it seems like we cant go a month without Blizzard having problems. I remember why I stopped playing in the first place.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I'm also having Error #105 which is quite annoying. :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Cant log in right now ... error #105 , I tried reseting my internet , also I went in console and type ipconfig and all that stuff .... dosnt work ! help me please !
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
05/03/2014 09:17 AMPosted by Drgnbalzdeep
Why is it that it seems like we cant go a month without Blizzard having problems. I remember why I stopped playing in the first place.

Well, for sure if Blizzard suddenly started working with data from 1.5 yrs ago, as you have, it would make sense for you to stop playing...
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Hey put yourself into Blizzard's shoes, they work really hard to get stuff done and don't deserve your whining. If you stopped playing awhile ago and can't respect them for the effort their putting in to make you able to play the game, then you should of just quit entirely.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Holy crap this thread has been necro'd so many times...
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warlock
05/03/2014 09:17 AMPosted by Drgnbalzdeep
GIVE ME THY POWERS OF NECROMANCY!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
My PC doesnt freeze, but even clearing the DNS didn't fix the issue.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/03/2014 10:07 AMPosted by Hanachi
My PC doesnt freeze, but even clearing the DNS didn't fix the issue.

Same for me
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
i tried the ipconfig and it didnt work either. waiting for my kids to stop watching netflix to see if reseting my router and doing the ipconfig will work. ive spent an hour or so trying to login. I NEED MY FIX!
Edited by Albitr on 5/3/2014 10:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Undead Mage
This game is broken. Why?!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivveee!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
DNS flush worked well for me as well without power cycle
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]