Healing drunk

85 Goblin Shaman
for some reason no matter what class I play I can always heal much better than when I dps drunk.
Anyone know why?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Are you DPSing on a monk or possibly a Dwarf? Ideally a Dwarf monk?

If not, there's your issue. Fix it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You don't stress as much, or panic, which of course leads to use of inefficient healing. When your drunk you are more focus'd on following your "standard" spells. So while your reaction time might be lower, your less likely to panic and make a mistake as a result. It's weird, but I've noticed it to. (Spent a week and a half on Elegon, kept ooming and we'd die. Got so fed up I got piss drunk the one night, we downed it. Topped the meters, and finished with 20% mana, AFTER the 5.1 hotfix neft. Still wish I knew what I'd done. lol.)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
LOL Gajan!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
that's how we first got heroic blackthorn down in DS... i had a few beers and hit my zen place.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If your not drunk or at least if you don't have a good buzz going when you heal then your doing it wrong. . .
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Prior to MoP, I was 100% tank (different toon). And my guild knew to expect the first half hour or so of every raid night to be a bit shaky. But then a couple drinks into the night, and I'd shine.

Still finding my healing sweet-spot. I know it's not nearly as high a BAC as I could tank with.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
for some reason no matter what class I play I can always heal much better than when I dps drunk.
Anyone know why?

I only heal drunk. I refuse to heal sober.
5-6 beers + relaxes you and clears your mind easier.

It's great for fights that do not require too much movement as after 8-10 beers I tend to go tunnel vision on my healbot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I've never healed a raid sober before in my life. Not planning on starting any time soon.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Every raid I get more and more drunk as the night goes on and my healing improves. The meters might show otherwise but what the hell do they know.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I believe you have found the Ballmer's Peak of healing.

Look it up if you haven't heard of it (no it's nothing perverse).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
Sounds like a self control issue tbh.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I always heal better after a few glasses of wine. Laughing in vent and not being so tense is probably why.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
My raid jokes if I so much as look at a glass of wine or touch a bottle of beer I'll pass out drunk. Sadly, I am not allowed to co-heal with my booze.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]