Please Allow 60 PVP Gear to be Transmoged

90 Human Paladin
Originally when I was creating this thread I was merely going to ask if it would be possible to add the classic level 60 PVP gear to the list of item's available for transmogrification, I simply thought that it was overlooked. I thought that since Blizzard was going to be revamping the old models and having to make sure everything looks right on the new models that they may as well make it available, after all, Blizzard has a reputation of going above and beyond when it comes to their games, which is why we can fly in the mainland and not just the 80-85 cata zones. Then I did some research.

I found out that I wasn't the only one who wanted to incorporate 60 PVP gear into their transmog and that there is a capped thread dedicated to it with a blue response and everything. 60 PVP gear is locked to most players by choice, note that I said most players, you can get a replica set at area 52 if you got the Grand Marshal or Grand Warlord PVP title in Classic, which you aren't told of in game as far as I know. So I was rather disappointed, not angry, that I couldn't transmog the gear I had purchased and never would. This is to make the gear more special and a sign of being a long time player. In short I was late to the party both on the discussion and the chance to get this gear for transmog.

I understand the point behind this, I simply had to play five battleground to get this gear while in classic you had to grind for it. But you also had to grind for the classic tier sets, for months even, and there is no lockout on them. So why is this gear so important? I would wager that it has more to do with the fact that it looks like it belongs to it's specific faction, which is also why many people desire it for transmogrification, faction pride. Blizzard, you say that you want both sides to be proud of their faction, well this gear would certainly help, you look at the 60 PVP gear and you think Horde or Alliance, this gear would do wonders for faction pride, you would look like a noble Alliance paladin or an honourable Horde warrior.

If you still wish to make it exclusive at least don't lock other players out of getting it. Make it so that instead of having to get a rank you have to get a large amount of honourable kills and play a large amount of BG's, and have to win one of each type. It would be a sign of someone who dedicated real time and effort into getting the armour without locking all but the oldest and most hardcore PVPer's out of it. Maybe even make it so that the armour has a different title to distinguish between the two.

Besides, how many players from Classic have the requirements to use 60 PVP gear for transmog? How many of those people use it? My bet is that there is roughly 100 at most, at least Alliance side. I don't think those 100 people would be too annoyed if others were allowed to use 60 PVP gear for transmogrification, at least no more than raiding guilds who obtained the highest tier of gear are for having people use classic tier sets for transmogrification at level 90. And if these 100 or so people are slightly annoyed, so what? They won't quit over it if they've been here since classic and you'd be making some of your player-base happier for it. Thank you for reading this.

Also, I'm not trying to be demanding, the last thing I want to do is come off that way, I'm simply making a request. At the end of the day I won't quit over this, that would be childish, and if you want to point out I'm on the MoP trial and thus I am incapable of quitting I will tell you that I am resubscribing when I get the money to buy the expansion. Besides, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants this. If you would like to see the Classic PVP set's available to all subscribers show your support in this thread, if you wouldn't, tell me why.
Edited by Ayrand on 12/8/2012 7:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/08/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Ayrand
I understand the point behind this, I simply had to play five battleground to get this gear while in classic you had to grind for it. But you also had to grind for the classic tier sets, for months even, and there is no lockout on them. So why is this gear so important?

The difference is the MC or BWL from classic is still here, can't say the same about the old PvP system.
Reply Quote
I remember a blue some time ago saying that they wanted it to be exclusive for now, but perhaps one day they might release the gear again with an equivalent achievement to attaining High Warlord/Grand Marshall. If it is opened up in the future it will probably be to Gladiators, as that is kind of the new hardcore pvp achievement.

Kind of unsatisfying since I've always wanted to use it too, but that's what I honestly think. Meh I guess I'll just stick to using it for around town wear. ^ ^
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/08/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Tikaru
The difference is the MC or BWL from classic is still here, can't say the same about the old PvP system.

The ranking system isn't, but the important parts are, the BG's and the gear. That's why I suggested a bunch of PVP achievements pertaining to kills and amount of BG's participated in for the use of 60 PVP gear in transmogrification.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I remember a blue some time ago saying that they wanted it to be exclusive for now, but perhaps one day they might release the gear again with an equivalent achievement to attaining High Warlord/Grand Marshall. If it is opened up in the future it will probably be to Gladiators, as that is kind of the new hardcore pvp achievement.

Kind of unsatisfying since I've always wanted to use it too, but that's what I honestly think. Meh I guess I'll just stick to using it for around town wear. ^ ^

Well here's hoping this thread speeds up their decision on it in that case. Like I said, it can still be exclusive while remaining available to all players.
Reply Quote
Make the 100k HK achievement allow access to transmog its not something you can get in a couple of hours
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/08/2012 08:09 PMPosted by Ayrand
The ranking system isn't, but the important parts are, the BG's and the gear. That's why I suggested a bunch of PVP achievements pertaining to kills and amount of BG's participated in for the use of 60 PVP gear in transmogrification.

The real reason for the transmog restriction is due to Blizzard recycling our PvP titles with the introduction of rated BGs.

We lost our "veteran" symbol, the replica PvP gear is to make up for it.

Want the classic gear available to all for transmog? Make suggestions to replace the "veteran" visual. Some of the previous suggestions have been:

- Mounts
- Titles
- Tabards
- Different armor
Reply Quote
The real reason for the transmog restriction is due to Blizzard recycling our PvP titles with the introduction of rated BGs.

Want the classic gear available to all for transmog? Make suggestions to replace the "veteran" visual. Some of the previous suggestions have been:

- Mounts
- Titles
- Tabards
- Different armor

this could work too
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

- Mounts
- Titles
- Tabards
- Different armor

What would you suggest?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/08/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Ayrand
What would you suggest?

Honestly?

I would be happy with a tabard. I would imagine it would be the current Knight's Colors, but the current symbol would be replaced with the insignia of our highest classic title.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
How about just unlocking it and calling it a day. Vanilla players are not special.
Reply Quote
If they just unlock it you know the special snowflakes are going to have a !@#$ fit about it
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/08/2012 08:50 PMPosted by Killage
If they just unlock it you know the special snowflakes are going to have a !@#$ fit about it

How many people do you know of that meet the requirements to use the Classic PVP gear for transmog? How many actually use it. Again I bet that on all the servers combined, at least Alliance side, around 100 people incorporate some part of the classic PVP gear. And again how many would be outraged enough to quit, they stuck around this long.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/08/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Naelon
How about just unlocking it and calling it a day. Vanilla players are not special.

While I personally agree, Blizzard wants the gear to have some sort of special value to it, I suggest that they could at least allow everyone a chance to obtain it through achievements and such.
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Warrior

Back when this first came up I gained disfavor with a couple of the hardcore Vanilla players when I said that all people with old school PvP titles should have access to the gear. Period. If we want to make it exclusive then give it as a reward to those who have stuck around since Vanilla and know what the old PvP system was like. And this is coming from someone starting in BC.

OP - You're point about old raiding gear is spot on. 40 man raid groups with guilds spending hours and upon hours multiple days a week to progress. If Blizz hadn't decided to revamp Naxx so more people would finally see it, it would be still floating above EPL, it's raid gear too up for grabs for one or two max players to blaze through it.

From the arguments I've seen, the old school PvPers argue that getting the title was harder, that you had to play longer, at the higher ranks obscene hours with insane kills needed. For some reason this makes them more worthy then the raiders to have this limitation.

I would like to see the weapons either available to all or a recoloring/like design put out for faction pride.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Honestly?

I would be happy with a tabard. I would imagine it would be the current Knight's Colors, but the current symbol would be replaced with the insignia of our highest classic title.

They get an exclusive and stand out tabard, I could live with that. Though some would make the same arguments I am opposing it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I don't have it, and I don't want it. Quit it with "snowflake" people just throw that word out whenever there's something that everyone wants but is restricted.

If it was up to these guys we'd all have warglaive transmog in lvl60 pvp gear. AWESOME.

Is nothing sacred anymore? I love it when I see someone with the claymore, I know straight away what they had to do, and how far back they got it. Just like when I saw a warrior dbl wielding Corrupt Ashbringer.

Let me guess, you want t3, lvl60 gear and ashbringer for everyone to because those with it are special snowflakes? Communist.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Back when this first came up I gained disfavor with a couple of the hardcore Vanilla players when I said that all people with old school PvP titles should have access to the gear. Period. If we want to make it exclusive then give it as a reward to those who have stuck around since Vanilla and know what the old PvP system was like. And this is coming from someone starting in BC.

OP - You're point about old raiding gear is spot on. 40 man raid groups with guilds spending hours and upon hours multiple days a week to progress. If Blizz hadn't decided to revamp Naxx so more people would finally see it, it would be still floating above EPL, it's raid gear too up for grabs for one or two max players to blaze through it.

From the arguments I've seen, the old school PvPers argue that getting the title was harder, that you had to play longer, at the higher ranks obscene hours with insane kills needed. For some reason this makes them more worthy then the raiders to have this limitation.

I would like to see the weapons either available to all or a recoloring/like design put out for faction pride.

Exactly, and again how many of the most-likely few players eligible to transmog Classic PVP gear actually use it?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't have it, and I don't want it. Quit it with "snowflake" people just throw that word out whenever there's something that everyone wants but is restricted.

If it was up to these guys we'd all have warglaive transmog in lvl60 pvp gear. AWESOME.

Is nothing sacred anymore? I love it when I see someone with the claymore, I know straight away what they had to do, and how far back they got it. Just like when I saw a warrior dbl wielding Corrupt Ashbringer.

Let me guess, you want t3, lvl60 gear and ashbringer for everyone to because those with it are special snowflakes? Communist.

I don't think you understand what Communism is. And it would be nice if players had the option of getting unavailable gear, but ashbringer was taken out long before transmogrification and t3, while unavailable, the revamped Naxxramas has t7 which is basically recolored t3. Point is, those items were taken out long before Blizzard was working on Transmogrification, Classic PVP gear wasn't.

And again, I'm not saying make it easy to get, I'm up to the idea of having to do more than win 10 battle grounds to earn the right to use the set and weapons for transmogrification. I hate the idea of having the items in game and restricting them to a minority who would not be inconvenienced in the slightest by having Classic PVP gear available for transmogrification, especially if it has to be earned.
Edited by Ayrand on 12/9/2012 10:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
"Sacred". Lol. It's a game. It shouldn't matter what expansion you came in, nothing should be blocked off. "You missed it." Says blizz. They should only charge new players for the current expansion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]