Please Allow 60 PVP Gear to be Transmoged

75 Human Mage
12/08/2012 08:50 PMPosted by Killage
If they just unlock it you know the special snowflakes are going to have a !@#$ fit about it

pretty much this.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I played 18 hrs a day for almost 2 months for the right to wear that armor and earn the Title of High Warlord. Thats why you cant wear it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Good for you. Unfortunately that means absolutely nothing today. Deep down, you know it's only a matter of time before blizz let's go, and then what?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
It Does still mean something apparently, thats why people are begging is it not?

I just provided you with the reason.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The gear, not your grind. The bc greens told you that, and sure, blizz threw you this bone but you know it's not going to stick.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The one thing I don't understand about these gear lockouts are the horde paladin and alliance shaman sets. That armor was added in during bc right? I mean those class/faction combos didn't even exist in vanilla, so why are they locked? I suppose its probably to be 'fair' to the other classes or something. Idk, I might just be being a bit selfish though because the 60 pvp set is the only one I've seen that really says "Blood Knight" to me and I want it :p
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/08/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Kaiiza
I played 18 hrs a day for almost 2 months for the right to wear that armor and earn the Title of High Warlord. Thats why you cant wear it.

Raiders did the same for their high level classic gear, yet the same gear is available for transmogrification.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Honestly, it probably wont... They already gave my Title away to scrubs that can put together any FOTM faceroll comp and have a high enough IQ to target off the Main assist in Rated BGs, so I dont have any high expectations.

Everyone please feel free to keep whining though and saying that anyone that played at release isnt worth a damn. IRL Experience is usually treated with the slightest modicum of respect. I dont truly grasp why that is a backwards concept here.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12/08/2012 10:18 PMPosted by Faelithira
The one thing I don't understand about these gear lockouts are the horde paladin and alliance shaman sets. That armor was added in during bc right? I mean those class/faction combos didn't even exist in vanilla, so why are they locked? I suppose its probably to be 'fair' to the other classes or something. Idk, I might just be being a bit selfish though because the 60 pvp set is the only one I've seen that really says "Blood Knight" to me and I want it :p

You can faction change, it also switches the tittle you have. Keeping the stuff unlocked (would be rather unfair if a shaman from vanilla went alliance, but lost the "unique" armor).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/08/2012 10:18 PMPosted by Faelithira

It just proves how poorly thought out the decision was, it was probably implemented last second without anyone remembering the BC additions to the 60 PVP gear.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/08/2012 10:22 PMPosted by Ayrand

Raiders did the same for their high level classic gear, yet the same gear is available for transmogrification.

LOL 18hrs a day every day huh?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

Yet at the same time (for the most part), Raiding stays the same today. Yet the Old pvp system is completely gone. Don't get me wrong, if blizzard put it available after the right achievement was gotten, i wouldn't complain. But at the same time i don't want them to just give them away.

An idea just popped into my head however - there is 2 colors of the pvp sets. They could always make the "rare" set available after the said achievement. While the epic one would remain locked for those who had the tittle before.
Edited by Kazecap on 12/8/2012 10:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
1. I think they shouldn't have any restrictions on transmog when it's the same armor type.

2. Having a restriction based on something that cannot be achieved anymore for a new feature is unfair to newer players/ non vanilla players.

3. IF and this is a BIG IF because I think any restrictions is dumb: IF we had to have restrictions why not allow EVERYONE who PvP'd back in Vanilla, as someone who is ONE RANK AWAY FROM BEING ABLE TO TRANSMOG THE PVP GEAR IT WAS A REALLY DISHEARTENING REALIZATION THAT THOUGH BACK IN VANILLA I COULD WEAR PART OF THIS SET NOT I CAN"T TRANSMOG ANY OF IT.

so in conclusion Blizz do the right thing and lift the restriction or i'll be super mad ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
1. I think they shouldn't have any restrictions on transmog when it's the same armor type.

2. Having a restriction based on something that cannot be achieved anymore for a new feature is unfair to newer players/ non vanilla players.

3. IF and this is a BIG IF because I think any restrictions is dumb: IF we had to have restrictions why not allow EVERYONE who PvP'd back in Vanilla, as someone who is ONE RANK AWAY FROM BEING ABLE TO TRANSMOG THE PVP GEAR IT WAS A REALLY DISHEARTENING REALIZATION THAT THOUGH BACK IN VANILLA I COULD WEAR PART OF THIS SET NOT I CAN"T TRANSMOG ANY OF IT.

so in conclusion Blizz do the right thing and lift the restriction or i'll be super mad ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2: Other games have this also, most of them do say "Available for a limited time" on them though. Further more, after 8 years this is the closest Vanilla players have gotten to a "Veteran" reward.

3: Ranks 1-6 were easy to do, I pvped on my alt a little and he was able to get the Knight(rank 6) tittle. My warrior was able to just get passed the threshold to get the knight-captain tittle, falling back and not getting any higher after.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It hurts to see cata babies walking around with those titles doesn't it? That's the kind of bs mentality that drags this game down. It won't stick because blizz will get tired of telling people "you missed it". This isn't real life, it's a game and your experience deserves no respect, so let it go. Either way you won't quit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I want the level 60 gear to be transmoggable. Honestly if Veterans want to feel *special* I'd give them the title Veteran if they so desire so they are different from those that started after the PVP system was done.

I'm willing to compromise here, are you?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Honestly, it probably wont... They already gave my Title away to scrubs that can put together any FOTM faceroll comp and have a high enough IQ to target off the Main assist in Rated BGs, so I dont have any high expectations.

Everyone please feel free to keep whining though and saying that anyone that played at release isnt worth a damn. IRL Experience is usually treated with the slightest modicum of respect. I dont truly grasp why that is a backwards concept here.

Alright, tell me how I've been "whining" or saying that Classic players aren't worth a damn? I'm not trying to take your gear away from you, hell you probably should have a unique title, but I don't think that the small amount of players who meet the requirements to use the gear for transmogrification should be the only ones allowed to because of the time-period they started playing. I'm willing to work for the right to use this gear yet due to the current system I can't even do that.

In fact if you are hell-bent on seeing no one use 60 PVP gear other than the small minority of players like you then you obviously think that playing since Classic makes you inherently better than newer players, which is rather petty. All the high end Classic tier sets are available for transmogrification, yet you don't see Classic raiding guilds complaining about that. Also, the game has changed so much since classic that most if not all of the experience you have is worthless in the current game, unless you count knowledge of instances but you can just Google that, a real life example is you trying to apply knowledge about the first portable phone (which resembled a brick) to an iPhone, it wouldn't work.

By the way, respect is a two-way street, if you call us whiners and scrubs don't expect us to be nice to you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

2: Other games have this also, most of them do say "Available for a limited time" on them though. Further more, after 8 years this is the closest Vanilla players have gotten to a "Veteran" reward.

3: Ranks 1-6 were easy to do, I pvped on my alt a little and he was able to get the Knight(rank 6) tittle. My warrior was able to just get passed the threshold to get the knight-captain tittle, falling back and not getting any higher after.

We Vanilla players have plenty of "Veteran Stuff". Who cares what joe shmoe over there has? That's a bad mentality to have towards other players, also I'm not saying getting the rank was hard work, I PvPed in my free time between farming for raids/raiding/attunement runs/farming for paladin quest mount(was human). If I had known that in the future if I had PvP'd just a little more I could transmog PvP gear I would've, I feel like I got suckered punch for not just focusing on PvP back in Vanilla.

This is the HERE and NOW, we don't need a special "LOOK AT WHAT I DID SIX YEARS AGO BADGE OF HONOR".
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Ive already quit champ... notice my toon is still 85? im just serving my time on the annual pass and trolling the forums.

So what is it you want? Everything for Everyone? Should Gladiator be obtainable for everyone? Should every player in the game have their own special legendary that takes no raid effort to acquire? When everyone is given everything, Nothing is special anymore and the game is easily forgotten. Sometimes you have to work for things and earn them and it makes the accomplishment memorable.

Also People Like having things in games like this that are rare. Should Everyone have a Spectral Tiger? Why cant I appreciate what I have thats exceptionally rare without a bunch of people crying and saying I dont deserve what I worked for anymore because it never mattered.

Whatever... Ive made my point.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]