Draenei Druids

90 Troll Druid
RoC
Anyone else think Draenei posses the mental capabilities to learn the way of druidism? I compare them and their way of life to Night Elves. "Elune," and the Naaru, to me a resemble each other pretty closely. Anyways, what do you think?
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
You don't think they have enough tail?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Yes please.

Elune is either a naaru or something Velen believes to be similar to a naaru.
Reply Quote
45 Gnome Warlock
Well in Outlands (Zangarmarsh specifically), there are Lost Ones that are druids (shapeshifting and everything). I dont know if normal Draenei would be able to use that power though. In the quests, it makes it seem like normal ones are too far from nature (because of the light) to be able to use abilities like that.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
RoC
12/08/2012 08:04 PMPosted by Girlsgonewow
You don't think they have enough tail?
I really would like to hear/read what the community has to think.
Reply Quote
14 Pandaren Monk
12/08/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Sandse
Well in Outlands (Zangarmarsh specifically), there are Lost Ones that are druids (shapeshifting and everything). I dont know if normal Draenei would be able to use that power though. In the quests, it makes it seem like normal ones are too far from nature (because of the light) to be able to use abilities like that.

I dunno.. they picked up shamanism.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Male Draenei cat form is a lion with a mass of tentacles instead of a mane. Asian Schoolgirls flee in terror.
Edited by Osoroshii on 12/8/2012 8:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/08/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Lena

Which would be an even worse development for the Nelves than Malfurion Stormrage.

Anyway, I'd rather Draenei be Rogues than Druids. Them being Druids just kinda seems out of nowhere and doesn't fit the themes of the race.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
12/08/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Pyronaptor

Which would be an even worse development for the Nelves than Malfurion Stormrage.

Anyway, I'd rather Draenei be Rogues than Druids. Them being Druids just kinda seems out of nowhere and doesn't fit the themes of the race.

Night elf lore is screwed anyway.

I'd rather it be Velen recognizes Elune as a divine deity similar to the naaru(but not actually a naaru) and that could lead to draenei worshiping her as well which would lead to draenei druids.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
RoC

I've read somewhere, forums probably, the Draenei aren't rogues now is because they believe fighting in the shadows is cowardly.

EDIT: Plus if any current races would have the capabilities to become druids, Draenei would have to be at the top of the list.
Edited by Spetnas on 12/8/2012 8:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
45 Gnome Warlock
12/08/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Lena
draenei worshiping her as well which would lead to draenei druids.

The druids dont get their power from Elune, so even if Draenei worshiped her, that wouldnt lead to them being druids.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/08/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Spetnas
I've read somewhere, forums probably, the Draenei aren't rogues now is because they believe fighting in the shadows is cowardly.

There's a Draenei Rogue in MoP.

And fighting in the shadows isn't cowardly. Unless you think any animal that ambushes it's prey from camouflage is cowardly. (Which would be your theoretical Draenei Druid in Cat Form)

12/08/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Spetnas
EDIT: Plus if any current races would have the capabilities to become druids, Draenei would have to be at the top of the list.

We could just not make any new Druids.
Edited by Pyronaptor on 12/8/2012 8:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
RoC
There's a Draenei Rogue in MoP.

And fighting in the shadows isn't cowardly. Unless you think any animal that ambushes it's prey from camouflage is cowardly. (Which would be your theoretical Draenei Druid in Cat Form)
Right, disregard Bear Form, Travel Form, Flight Form, and Balance Form...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
12/08/2012 08:11 PMPosted by Sandse
draenei worshiping her as well which would lead to draenei druids.

The druids dont get their power from Elune, so even if Draenei worshiped her, that wouldnt lead to them being druids.

Where do you think Moonfire, Starfall, Starfire, etc come from?
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Mage
Just as soon as we get Forsaken druids.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

Technically Cenarius taught Druids how to be druids.

He's Elune's son.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/08/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Lena
Where do you think Moonfire, Starfall, Starfire, etc come from?

Well, in her defense, the Night Elves use Sunfire and Wrath as Solar spells.
Reply Quote
45 Gnome Warlock

Technically Cenarius taught Druids how to be druids.

He's Elune's son.

But that doesnt mean they get their power from Elune.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]