Draenei Druids

90 Draenei Monk

He's Elune's son.

But that doesnt mean they get their power from Elune.

They get at least some of their power from Elune.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I feel that any race that can have shamans should also be able to have druids. They are both at one with nature.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
RoC
12/08/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Pandamonïum
Just as soon as we get Forsaken druids.
Of course players would scream for another Horde race to become druids. No Horde race fits the druid "build."
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/08/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Mogato
I feel that any race that can have shamans should also be able to have druids. They are both at one with nature.

Actually, there is a big difference.

Shamans are the guidance counselors for the elemental spirits. Fire, Water, Earth, and Air all have primal instincts to Burn and Drown and Crush and Suffocate, until nothing is left but their own element. However, in their eternal struggle, they balance each other out. The Shaman helps that happen by working for the spirits, and gains their favor.

A Druid doesn't follow any sort of sentient beings (Except perhaps the Ancients, Elune, and An'she, but whether or not they draw their power from them is up for discussion) and their magic is literally about life, growing life, healing life, preserving life.

Also, Shamans are about Balance. Druids are not, despite having a Balance spec.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
12/08/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Mogato

Dwarf druids ftw! ;)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
12/08/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Xialla

Dwarf druids ftw! ;)

Only if Trolls get paladin.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
RoC
12/08/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Xialla
Dwarf druids ftw! ;)
/LineDrawn
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Technically Cenarius taught Druids how to be druids.

He's Elune's son.

Maybe But I tend to think those tendency's came from his father not his mother
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
and their magic is literally about life, growing life, healing life, preserving life.

That's what a good part of the draenei starting zone is about.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I'd love to see Gnome Druids. All of their forms can be baby versions!

Bear Cub Form
Kitten Form
Sapling Form
Lil Moonkin Form
Fawn Form
etc. etc.
Reply Quote
My understanding of Elune was that she does no harm, and that the Priestess-hood and Druids were separate segments of Night Elf society.

It would seem strange if Elune were responsible for Druid damaging spells. It seems more likely that they are more closely related to moonwells and (responsible use of) arcane magic. Some/many Druid healing spells may be from Elune.

Dwarf druids ftw! ;)

Gnome Druids...
- Lynx Cat Form
- Koala "Bear" Form
- Fox Travel Form
- Sea Otter Swim Form
- (Mechano?) Barnyard Owl Balance Form
- Falcon Flight Form
- Sapling Tree Form

EDIT: Beaten to it!!!
Edited by Madcapmcgee on 12/8/2012 8:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/08/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Lena

But it's not one of the Draenei's themes. The corruption the remnants of their ship has on the surrounding land effects them in ways that aren't just about preserving life, they would need those animals and wildlife normal to keep the ecosystem thriving, so they would have a ready source for food and animal materials.
Reply Quote
45 Gnome Warlock
and their magic is literally about life, growing life, healing life, preserving life.

Actually, the Draenei zone is more about "HOLY SH*T WHAT DID WE DO! WE TOTALLY SCREWED THE POOCH ON THIS ONE! SOMEONE FIX IT!" In other words, they totally destroyed the life on those islands. :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

But it's not one of the Draenei's themes. The corruption the remnants of their ship has on the surrounding land effects them in ways that aren't just about preserving life, they would need those animals and wildlife normal to keep the ecosystem thriving, so they would have a ready source for food and animal materials.

How is keeping the ecosystem thriving not preserving life?

Actually, the Draenei zone is more about "HOLY SH*T WHAT DID WE DO! WE TOTALLY SCREWED THE POOCH ON THIS ONE! SOMEONE FIX IT!" In other words, they totally destroyed the life on those islands. :)

The draenei did fix it. Read the Anduin... I mean Velen short story and most of it's cleaned up.
Edited by Lena on 12/8/2012 8:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/08/2012 08:33 PMPosted by Madcapmcgee
My understanding of Elune was that she does no harm

Au contrare', one of Elune's images was the Moon Warrior.

12/08/2012 08:35 PMPosted by Lena
How is keeping the ecosystem thriving not preserving life?

They aren't preserving life for the sake of preserving life.
Edited by Pyronaptor on 12/8/2012 8:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
That would be quite interesting to see.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
They aren't preserving life for the sake of preserving life.

Druids don't either. They do a whole lot of killing. They try to maintain balance in the ecosystem so if there's too many bears they kill some bears.
Edited by Lena on 12/8/2012 8:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The sheer neutrality would cause the World of Warcraft to collapse in on itself.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/08/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Lena
Druids don't either. They do a whole lot of killing. They try to maintain balance in the ecosystem so if there's too many bears they kill some bears.

Druids do preserve life for the sake of preserving life. If you don't kill those bears, then they will prey too much on the other animals, and you'll soon have so many bears, nothing to feed them, and they'll start attacking places outside of their native territory for food.

Although, population balance isn't in a Druid's job description, that's what Hunters do.
Edited by Pyronaptor on 12/8/2012 8:45 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]