Panda Druids.

90 Night Elf Hunter
In my Honest Opinion there should be Pandaren Druids, Make the Panda form the actual "Bear form" Or keep it like it normally is, But I think It would add just a bit more excitement to those die-hard Druids who were looking forward to pandas, and found out they did not have druid classes for them!

Please hear me and the people out; Please just think about making a druid class for Pandaren races.

~Gaar
Reply Quote
40 Orc Warlock
This idea is original and fresh!
Edited by Eldotsyou on 12/9/2012 1:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Their monks have taken enough from us! I will never allow it!!!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Again another post where people say that Pandas should be druids. Shouldn't, can't, and won't.

Shouldn't because there are already so many specs the panda can be.

Can't because WoW has a story line and no where in the lore does a panda druid show up.

Won't because of previous statements.

I would love there to be a panda to drop on all 4's and bear tank or a black and white spotted boom chicken, but it just won't ever happen.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
No, no and no. I don't even think Worgen's should be druids, doesn't really make sense with the storyline.

You have to consider WoW lore when having a race that encompasses a certain class. Pandas have nothing in their past that would dictate the ability to be/become a druid. Just because they look like an animal to begin with doesn't mean they should be druids.

Plus like the person above said, there's already too many races that can be druids.
Edited by Sohra on 12/10/2012 9:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/10/2012 08:58 AMPosted by Sohra
I don't even think Worgen's should be druids

In worgen's defense (I miss being a night elf druid) and to play devils advocate, in WoW lore worgen's had druid classes. So, thats why when they became playable characters in Cataclysm, there was in fact druid classes.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Good lord, please never do this
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
RoC
12/10/2012 08:58 AMPosted by Sohra
I don't even think Worgen's should be druids
Agreed, I think Draenei should've become druids before Worgen.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Shouldn't, can't, and won't.

Yeah, like when they said players wouldn't be forced into rep grinds and dailies. I hope you're right, but you're speaking in absolute terms and I'm far too cynical to agree with you, no matter how much I want to.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Why don't they have Druids story-wise? It seems like it would fit in perfectly.
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Druid
http://www.thedailyblink.com/2012/10/the-sha-of-obliviousness/

That's obviously a panda druid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/10/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Whisper
Why don't they have Druids story-wise? It seems like it would fit in perfectly.

Because the type of magic in Pandaria is different from where Druidism originated. Druidism is all about mastery of the elements, that's why Night Elves were able to pick it up. After The Well of Eternity was destroyed (except for the vial Illidan had) they agreed never to use magic again and resorted to mastering nature. That's why High Elves left the Kaldorei...ANYWAYS..

Pandaren's were hiding away in a little part of Azeroth no one knew about so they weren't exposed to the whole event and simply never picked it up. Plus, the type of magic they use is Shamanistic in nature meaning they can't really be Druids.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/10/2012 08:39 AMPosted by Skyotter
Shouldn't because there are already so many specs the panda can be.

Trolls and dwarves can be almost everything too, not a real point.

Can't because WoW has a story line and no where in the lore does a panda druid show up.

Troll druids, orc mages, tauren paladins, gnome priests. Storylines evolve.

Won't because of previous statements.

See above.

Fact is, this idea keeps coming up because the players like it. If the devs like it enough too, it'll happen. Honestly I think that if they're going to give another race the ability to be druids, pandaren are the best bet because first and foremost they are the only race that can be both factions. This neatly solves the issue of "Well crap, we can't think of a good (other faction) race to give druids to."

12/11/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Sohra
Pandaren's were hiding away in a little part of Azeroth no one knew about so they weren't exposed to the whole event and simply never picked it up. Plus, the type of magic they use is Shamanistic in nature meaning they can't really be Druids.

Oh, please. Trolls and tauren both use shamanic magic and they also have druids. There is no plausible reason that I've seen that definitively convinces me pandaren cannot be druids.

As to the "hidden away" argument, who's to say that we didn't teach the pandaren druidism in return for them teaching us the way of the monk? It seems to fit their culture perfectly.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/09/2012 01:48 AMPosted by Eldotsyou
This idea is original and fresh!

^

yo dawg, i herd u liek being a bear so i let ur bear be a bear so you can bear while you bear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]