Where is Valeera Sanguinar?

90 Human Mage
Maybe she's the one working as ambassador for Varian's epic plot which came out of nowhere?

When was the last time she showed up, btw? The only event coming to my mind is Undercity and Varimathras.

Correct. She was there but she didn't say anything. *Shakes head*
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
I would love to see her in the game again, she use to be sitting on the docks during wrath then she was removed. Hopefully she wasn't put in the void.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
12/09/2012 09:59 PMPosted by Skytotem
Am I really the only one who's not happy that a blood elf works with the Alliance in more than a mercenary capacity?

I actually like it. Standouts exist, we shouldn't hide them. If anything it bothers me more that there aren't more defined characters (not necessarily cross faction). Races are far too categorized for my liking right now.
Reply Quote
Personally, I'd love to see more Blood Elves working with the Alliance. We were their allies long before the Horde was, and I don't think anything that the Alliance has done to them is nearly as bad as what the Horde has over the past couple decades. There were already dissenters in Silvermoon back in the day. I'd love to see more of them having escaped from Silvermoon and working with the Alliance.

We both know this isn't happening after Dalaran and Theramoore :P

I don't know why the Alliance playerbase wants them back so badly after these things...

I don't want the ENTIRE Blood Elf nation back. Or rather, I sort of do, but I also fully acknowledge that ship has sailed.

But I do believe that there should be at least a small chunk of Blood Elves who sympathize with their former allies and former kinspeople, the Alliance and High Elves, and would prefer to work with them even at risk of exile from Silvermoon. Like I said, we already know some of them existed in the early days of BC, but they were all mind controlled or beaten into submission by the Silvermoon Government.
Edited by Jaelara on 12/10/2012 4:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/10/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Jaelara
but they were all mind controlled or beaten into submission by the Silvermoon Government.

We have nothing to confirm that the fellow getting beaten was in favor of joining the Alliance. There were two elves that got mc'd and the crowd was against them to begin with.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/10/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Jaelara
but they were all mind controlled or beaten into submission by the Silvermoon Government.

I know of two who were mind controlled, who was beaten though?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/10/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Skytotem

We have nothing to confirm that the fellow getting beaten was in favor of joining the Alliance. There were two elves that got mc'd and the crowd was against them to begin with.

She's pointing out there is likely a good chunk of Quel'dorei/Sin'Dorei that feel some type of allegiance to the Alliance and it's a fair point.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/10/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Valius
a good chunk of

This is the thing I take issue with. Some, yeah, but I think any 'sizeable' portion of blood elves wanting to go back to the Alliance is wishful thinking. They're smug, immature, self-centered jerks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/10/2012 04:58 PMPosted by Skytotem
a good chunk of

This is the thing I take issue with. Some, yeah, but I think any 'sizeable' portion of blood elves wanting to go back to the Alliance is wishful thinking. They're smug, immature, self-centered jerks.

As I said a good chunk, it could be as many as a hundred. As I said it's not a lot but some. I think Sin'Dorei are about the any race that could be seen on Alliance and make sense.

(I don't want to see Humans on the Horde....that just makes me cringe)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/10/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Valius

In the RPG, Thrall had Human spies who worked for him. If memory serves. I thought that was kinda cool, if they were mercenaries or something.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
12/10/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Valius

We already have precedent for Humans working with the Horde though.
12/10/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
In the RPG, Thrall had Human spies who worked for him. If memory serves. I thought that was kinda cool, if they were mercenaries or something.

The ship that takes the Horde to Vashj'r is commanded by a human mercenary too.

And if you want to go back to the Old Horde, Alterac conspired with them in the second war.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/10/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Pyronaptor

Ok you guys win, still don't like it.

*Pouts in a corner*
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
At this point, I would say that High and Blood Elves are separated by more than a socio-political view and are more separated by a philosphy.

They're also separated biologically, to a degree.

At least, to the same degree that green-skinned orcs and mag'har are.

Put simply, those who were exposed to the fel taint are Blood Elves, and those who weren't are High Elves.

This is why, for example, the Scryers remain Blood Elves despite having more in common philosophically with the High Elves.
Edited by Gibbons on 12/10/2012 7:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/09/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Sternbridge
I now feel an opportunity was wasted to not include Valeera in among the SI:7 team that was sent to Pandaria. This would have been really entertaining.

D:

Blizzard why didn't you do this D:

Valeera is one of my favorite characters in the lore. She was the best part of the comic. I can only hope she shows up again; Broll has, at least in the books, but Valeera wasn't so lucky.
Edited by Reignac on 12/10/2012 7:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'm a little late to the party...

But I know she's a Blood Elf with the Alliance. But what still shocks me that no one ever seems to realize is, that Kael's forces that were the subjects of racism from Garithos weren't at Silvermoon, they were with him, and fled to Outland.

How does Lor'themar even know of the racism that happened? Throughout BC, and even now, in 5.1, he mentions the betrayal of Kael'thas, then the racism endured under Garithos.

But how do they know of the racism even happened if Kael'thas abandoned them, leftfor Outland, and didn't even leave a Dear John letter?

So why didn't they go and search for the Alliance, and re-join after Lor'themar took the reigns of leadership?

Can someone please explain this to me.
Edited by Lorelaî on 12/10/2012 8:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
How does Lor'themar even know of the racism that happened? Throughout BC, and even now, in 5.1, he mentions the betrayal of Kael'thas, then the racism endured under Garithos.But how do they know of the racism even happened if Kael'thas abandoned them, leftfor Outland, and didn't even leave a Dear John letter?

Rommath was with Kael durring the events with Gari and one could safely assume that the discussion came up when he returned to silvermoon and talked with the Regent.

12/10/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Lorelaî
So why didn't they go and search for the Alliance, and re-join after Lor'themar took the reigns of leadership?

Also they did speak to the alliance but after a series of caught spies and potential sabatoge (whether or not the dwarf did cause the arcane sanctum thing to mafunction doesn't matter, there was suspicion that he or the nelves did cause it), they were kind of disinclined to rejoin the alliance again.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
But how do they know of the racism even happened if Kael'thas abandoned them, leftfor Outland, and didn't even leave a Dear John letter?

Can someone please explain this to me.

A whole mess of Blood elves came back to Azeroth in TFT, most got turned to San'lyan but even in Vanilla there were stragglers running around working on Arcanums.

Plus Rommath was sent back at the beginning of TBC.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I really don't remember any of this. Only what was in Eversong Woods questing...

Le sigh.
Reply Quote
I really don't remember any of this. Only what was in Eversong Woods questing...

Le sigh.

The spies and suspected sabatoge (spell check) were in eversong questing and to a greater extent in ghostlands, you find out about Rommath in the BC booklet guide thing and I believe it is mentioned in the leader story
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
12/10/2012 04:58 PMPosted by Skytotem

An excerpt from Lor'themar Theron: In the Shadow of the Sun by Sarah Pine:

Lor'themar stood and went to the shelf to top up his drink. "I worry that if we give him authority to act on our behalf, he would—intentionally or not—promise something from us that I am not willing to give." Lor'themar paused and looked toward the carved ceiling. "Then again, if enough sin'dorei follow him to Dalaran, he will end up their de facto leader anyway, and I am loath to have him acting as such without obligation to the cro—Silvermoon."

Emphasis mine. He's at the very least concerned that enough Blood Elves are interested in rekindling old allegiances that he's willing to loosen his grip on them so as not to push them away.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]