Level Cap Anxiety

90 Undead Rogue
Due to a general lack of long chunks of free time, I've been taking a much more relaxed approach to this expansion. However, later today, I will probably log in and play a bit, and when I do I will inevitably end up making those last couple of bars, dropping me at level cap.

But what then? Normally I would start gearing up for raiding, but since it has taken me this long just to get to 90, something tells me raiding is not in my future for this x-pac.

Here are a few things I've come up with to do so I don't get there and then be like "Why did I do this":
-Gear up for raiding anyway "just in case", and so I can start transmogging
-Start rep grinding because I hear that's the theme of this x-pac (plus JC pets and mounts)
-Finish all of the questing areas because why not
-Find out what this pet battle thing is all about
-Find out what this Farmville thing is all about
-Try to remember how to PvP
-Delay the inevitable decision and level alts instead

You may be thinking "Stoni, why did you even post this, the forums are not your personal diary and quite honestly we don't give a !@#$ what menial thing you decide to do with your time, nubbins"
Well, that's because I am wondering what you all have been doing and how you've been enjoying it. Then I will pick the thing that sounds the most fun and do that.
Edited by Stoni on 12/7/2012 8:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I've been spending most of my time leveling alts.

This expansion I've pretty much:

Leveled a monk to 90
    Did most of the Pandaria quests
    Pushed to at least revered with the factions
    Tried pet battles and decided to hold off on that until I ran out of other things to do
    Farmed the mats to get maxed cooking
    Worked on professions on alts
    Did scenarios and heroics until I got to the ilvl needed for LFR
    Did LFR when I had friends on to go with me
    Tried a normal raid and figured out that I either want to raid FOR REALZ or just stick to LFR
    Tried PVP and realized I'm still suffering pvp burnout from Season 2-3
    Decided to work on alts... up to 9 90s so far, others in the works.
    Missed Stoni a lot
    Got baking tips from Yellowflower
    Not made any GNN posts

One kinda fun thing to do (until you do them too much) if you're short on time are the scenarios. Fast queue time (I think my wait times have been instaqueue to about 15s), some achievements, 450 and 463 random gear. A lot more fun if you queue with friends. Takes maybe 10-20 minutes each?

I'm still enjoying the leveling though. Hoping to get my BWR characters capped soon so I can Joynal of you on your adventures. (ha! join-all! joynal!)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
/hug

Do what seems interesting for you. If you'd like to start gearing up for raid, I can pop on my Horde priest and heal some randoms for you. I've been seriously neglecting her anyway and could use some motivation. I don't think I can even queue for LFR on her yet.

But don't try to tackle it all at once. Most of the activities have a lot more time commitment attached than they did in the past. You'll be a lot happy just picking a couple to work on each time you log on.

Just make sure you hit up all the Klaxxi quests in Dread Wastes as you get to 90. There's some nice 450 gear for quest rewards plus you'll be getting a ton of their rep, which will reduce the later rep grind load.

And like Lunate said, Scenarios are pretty quick plus they also have a chance now to give 476 epics in addition to the 450 and 463 blues.

I highly recommend Tillers. It's not a huge time investment a day and the dailies are less annoying than most. It gives useful items of your choice on a daily basis once you hit Revered along with VP and Lesser Charms.

Beyond that, it's really just pick and choose what interests you.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Do the crazy gold grind, decide that you want to quit the game, and leave all your stashes of gold to me!

I mean... No, no. That is pretty much what I meant. =P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Following Lunate's example... here's what I've done so far this expasion.

Pet battles.
Pet battles.
Pet battles.
Pet battle achievements.
Pet battles.
Slowly leveled.
Pet battles.
Started doing some Farmville stuff, which only took a couple of minutes because the starting plot is very small and I couldn't do dailies until 90.
Pet battles.
Pet battles.
Hit 90.
Continued questing in the areas I hadn't finished yet for about half an hour.
Pet battles.
Dailies.
Pet battles.
Dailies again... I have done dailies maybe five times, total.
Pet battles.
Lost the will to log in due to dailies.
Darkmoon Faire.
Pet battles.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I feel for ya Stoni. getting to cap nowadays is only part of the long and arduous journey to completion..... *hugs and gives a Brew*
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Following Lunate's example... here's what I've done so far this expasion.

Pet battles.
Pet battles.
Pet battles.
Pet battle achievements.
Pet battles.
Slowly leveled.
Pet battles.
Started doing some Farmville stuff, which only took a couple of minutes because the starting plot is very small and I couldn't do dailies until 90.
Pet battles.
Pet battles.
Hit 90.
Continued questing in the areas I hadn't finished yet for about half an hour.
Pet battles.
Dailies.
Pet battles.
Dailies again... I have done dailies maybe five times, total.
Pet battles.
Darkmoon Faire.
Pet battles.

This makes me sad. Whatever happened to our Fabulous Fashion Fanatic?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
12/07/2012 08:30 AMPosted by Lunate
Missed Stoni a lot

<3

12/07/2012 08:30 AMPosted by Lunate
One kinda fun thing to do (until you do them too much) if you're short on time are the scenarios.

This is a good idea. I forgot about these.

12/07/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Joynal
I can pop on my Horde priest and heal some randoms for you.

Thank you, I might take you up on that.

12/07/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Rantipole
*hugs and gives a Brew*

Thank you, I will definitely take you up on that x7

12/07/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Zalar
Do the crazy gold grind, decide that you want to quit the game, and leave all your stashes of gold to me!

Zal, you are like 3rd in line to being my WoW heir. I won't mention the names of the first two for their safety. Don't worry, you are totally in the will anyway.

Pet battles.
Darkmoon Faire.
Pet battles.

I haven't trained for pet battles yet, but this might happen.

In any case, thank all for the great advice!
Edited by Stoni on 12/7/2012 12:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I have leveled two characters to 90, another to 89, another to 87 and a few more to 86. Also my monk is 36. I've also leveled my rogue a little(she's 65 now).

Besides that I've pet battled. ALOT.

Someday I might also raid. Someday....

Edit: Oh, also Tillers and Cloud serpent rep to exalted and GL to honored. I really dont care to do anymore rep grinding or dailys for the time being though.

Edit 2: Oh yeah, I also did scenarios, heroics and LFR that first month. But I've kinda decided they all suck so I've not done any since the end of October.
Edited by Sorya on 12/7/2012 6:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Do what The Company is reknowed for......

Role play!

*smiles* My best advice.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Ohai Nim!

Anyway, I chickened out on the levelling, but I think what I'm going to do is work on Golden Lotus rep.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Posted by Lunate
One kinda fun thing to do (until you do them too much) if you're short on time are the scenarios.

This is a good idea. I forgot about these.

This IS a good idea! I have not done many of these yet so count me in if you are ever on when I am... and am not in the middle of a raid :-/

12/07/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Rantipole
*hugs and gives a Brew*

Thank you, I will definitely take you up on that x7

You sure you want be drinking AND hugging Ranti? I mean... that is usually how she gets me wondering how my furry undies went missing.

Zal, you are like 3rd in line to being my WoW heir. I won't mention the names of the first two for their safety. Don't worry, you are totally in the will anyway.

You might want to take him out of the will. Not telling him who your other heirs are will maybe protect THEM, but letting him know he will gain something by your death does nothing for your life expectancy. Oh wait... he is a druid *chuckles* I guess you're fine.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
01/10/2013 11:23 PMPosted by Elori
This IS a good idea! I have not done many of these yet so count me in if you are ever on when I am... and am not in the middle of a raid :-/

I am excited for the day that happens. I think our schedules are nearly exact opposites at this point. They may have about an hour of overlap before I go to work, though.

01/10/2013 11:23 PMPosted by Elori
letting him know he will gain something by your death does nothing for your life expectancy.

Joke's on him when he gets my disorganized bank alts filled with scarabs, grey items and runecloth. So much runecloth. And Maelstrom Crystals. Oh, I hope I haven't said too much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]