5.2 weapon xmog

90 Troll Rogue
So they're saying we will be able to xmog among weapons that share animations. Anyone know what that means for us in terms of sword/axe/mace/fist/dagger? Do any of those "share animations"? Sadly, I suspect that stupid-looking fists will be left in their own group, but please tell me if I am wrong (I really hope I'm wrong...)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
They're saying we *MAY* be able to xmog weapons that share animations in 5.2. They may not be able to make it happen in time. I also haven't seen anything I'd consider reliable info regarding exactly what weapons "share animations" beyond a tweet from Zarhym that called out two-handed axes/swords specifically. The only blue comments I've seen on it have said that clarifications will come later.
Edited by Rfeann on 12/7/2012 1:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I believe fists will be in their own class, daggers in their own class and swords/maces/axes sharing a class. I say 'believe' because I only think that fists have their own set of animations vs swords/axes/maces which seem to be the same and Daggers, obviously act different.
It's unfortunate because I've got so much better looking swords/maces/axes than I do fists.

Although not all is lost with fist weapons because there are a few relatively easy to get, very nice looking fist weapons. It's hard to beat The Bladefist or Fist of the Deity I switch between these right now.

There's also the chance to do a Zoidberg transmog with Lobstmourne. This being a guaranteed ilvl450 fist weapon everyone should have one if they don't have a better fist weapon since all it requires is a series of killing elites around Pandaria to obtain.

Every now and then, when the mood strikes I like to dual wield Calamity's Grasp and pretend to be a weedwhacker.
Edited by Zushiba on 12/7/2012 1:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Thanks for the info. I just really loathe the way fists look. I supposed bladefist is OK because it looks more swordy. I'm going vilerend slicer at the moment - it looks pretty daggery, and the dancing steel glow is really concentrated/bright on it. That said, I think we all are in the same boat with you that we have much better swords/maces/axes than fists. There is a good reason for that: the fists look stupid...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
If you hate the way fist weapons look you should test them out on a Night Elf. Unlike every other race, Night elves hold fist weapons at an awkward angle causing us to cut our legs off with them. It's obnoxious. There was a 'bug' a million years back back in BC that broke all weapons for everyone except fist weapons for Night Elf's looked perfect.

In a perfect world I'd be dual wielding my favorite weapon Blade of Savagery Then again if we can transmog legendaries I'd love to run around with dual Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker until I can get Illidan to finally give me his damn Glaives.
Edited by Zushiba on 12/7/2012 2:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Mounting Vengeance is a good choice if you want something a little more sword like. One of the best fist weapons there is, imo.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
You people have no taste in fist weapons. Theldurin's Fist is where it's at.
Edited by Rfeann on 12/7/2012 2:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
You people have no taste in fist weapons. Theldurin's Fist is where it's at.

HULK SMASH!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Mounting Vengeance is a good choice if you want something a little more sword like. One of the best fist weapons there is, imo.

!!!
When did they change that to one-hand? I'm guessing 5.1 they changed it and perhaps all the other off-hand fists to one-hand? (since last time they only changed the mainhand fists and left the offhands alone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
!!!
When did they change that to one-hand? I'm guessing 5.1 they changed it and perhaps all the other off-hand fists to one-hand? (since last time they only changed the mainhand fists and left the offhands alone.

I think it happened with MoP. At least sometime before 5.1.
Edited by Meabh on 12/8/2012 1:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Greatsword of Horrid Dreams

Yes, yes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
!!!

I think it happened with MoP. At least sometime before 5.1.
No, at the start of MoP they only went back and turned the fists that were tagged as mainhand only into one-handers, but they left all of the off-hand tagged fists as still off-hand only, including Mounting Vengeance (which had no main-hand equivalent).

This is definitely a very recent change. If it was done before 5.1 then it was done very shortly before 5.1 dropped. After looking at wowhead comments, it seems as though it's definitely a 5.1 change.
Reply Quote
I think sharing animations just means MH=OH=1H
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
12/08/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Indrik
I think sharing animations just means MH=OH=1H

It's wider than that. 2H swords/axes/maces all share animations, and I believe 1H do as well.

Fist weapons are different, though. And daggers I think (not 100% sure).
Edited by Verelyse on 12/8/2012 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They really need to put polearms back for plate classes, it's fine for monks but....druids? Feral druids don't even get to see their weapons half the time.
Edited by Banzeo on 12/29/2012 2:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
12/29/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Banzeo
They really need to put polearms back for plate classes, it's fine for monks but....druids? Feral druids don't even get to see their weapons half the time.
Sort of off topic for the rogue forums, but the issue of str polearms is a really odd one. There's really no reason for their disappearance. Using a rogue example, we've largely "lost" agi swords due to lack of versatility among agility classes, so there's at least a reason for it. But when it comes to str polearms this isn't the case, all of the strength classes can use polearms so why did blizzard decide to stop making them and only stick to 2h swords/axes/maces?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
12/08/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Pancakê
it seems as though it's definitely a 5.1 change.

Yep, 5.1 change.

I've begun collecting the caster weapons I like now, since they'll be one handed next patch as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]