Prot Warrior Stats?

90 Blood Elf Warrior
Right now, I currently have much more Parry than mastery, but I've been hearing that apparently I'm supposed to be focusing more on mastery. Can someone look at my stats and tell me if i need to re-gem for mastery, or reforge into mastery as opposed to parry? I'm really not sure about this and noxxic doesn't really give a lot of detail as to how much mastery I should ideally be going for compared to parry.

EDIT looks like what I'm wearing hasnt shown up yet. I have 7244 Parry and 3571 Mastery, which give 19.66% and 30.69% respectively.
Edited by Mafic on 12/7/2012 7:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
It's pretty simple really. First you want to focus on getting hit/exp to 7.5%... expertise does scale to 15% but most good tanks just stay at 7.5%. After this you just want to follow the priority list of Mastery > Parry > Dodge. As far as gemming goes, you want +stam in all your blues, and a combination of stamina/mastery/exp/hit in other gems.. depending on what you need to do to get hit/exp to 7.5%.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I've heard there's more total avoidance in overall damage going:
mastery > parry X2 = dodge >expertise > hit

expertise/hit: isn't too far behind dodge and parry with mitigation but is more for threat issues

mastery: is nearly on par with dodge and parry but makes incoming damage more predictable so it isn't jerky and makes it easier for the healers to predict your incoming damage

parry to dodge balance: parry suffers less diminishing returns as dodge so is why parry remains twice as high, not to forget the riversong procs and trinkets that improve on dodge as well
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I've heard there's more total avoidance in overall damage going:
mastery > parry X2 = dodge >expertise > hit

expertise/hit: isn't too far behind dodge and parry with mitigation but is more for threat issues

In my experience it isn't so much about putting out major damage that makes hit/exp a priority. It's so we're not missing/getting parried with our main rage generators: SS and Revenge. Since our active mitigation (shield block and and shield barrier) relies on rage and quite a lot of it, you need to make sure you can reliably land these attacks. I'm sitting at 10%+ exp and I still find myself getting a SS parried at the worst possible times; I can't even imagine how people who don't even prioritize the 7.5% caps manage.

I feel going to 15% or stopping at 7.5% exp is entirely up to your tanking preference, but both hit and exp caps must be met before focusing on other stats. From that point on its Mastery > Parry (try to keep around 2.5 times your dodge) > Dodge.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
The stats your concerned about, the priority should be Mastery > Parry > Dodge, where parry is about 2x dodge, as others have said.

Hit and Expertise should be at 7.5% each, so that your rage generating abilities don't miss. This allows for more constant active mitigation uptime, as well as improving threat.

To put it simply, if you reforge your surplus parry and dodge to hit and expertise, you'll get to where you want to be.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]