Drop mining?

90 Human Mage
I asked this in a previous thread but I figured it may be best just to make a new one. So should I drop mining and level enchanting?
Reply Quote
68 Dwarf Warrior
Why? Why do you want to change professions?

You give us nothing to work with here. There is no universal "every player should drop mining and level enchanting".
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Hey op I would get raiding professions on your main raiding toon id lvl a Druid for Herbing and mining
Edited by Arrowsong on 12/8/2012 8:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Why? Why do you want to change professions?

I want to get the most out of my professions as I possibly can as far as DPS goes and also I want to increase my gold income
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I think you should do it. You've finished leveling jewelcrafting. People say it's good to have a gathering profession to match your crafting one, but that's really only true while leveling. At max level, you should be able to make a profit buying the raw materials on the auction house, or you shouldn't be crafting that stuff anyway.

So I say get rid of mining and pick up enchanting. But you may first want to use mining to gather enough raw jewelcrafting materials to make jewelry you can disenchant when you're leveling enchanting.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I am in the process of leveling an enchanter at the moment and i must say their is a large shortage of mat's on my server. Hypnotic dust's are selling for 5-10 gold a piece causing my leveling process to be much slower and more expensive than i intended. however i think everyone that has a decent number of alts should have an enchanter because for the most part it is more profitable than selling quest green's/crafting green's
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
In my experience, selling the quest greens is considerably more profitable than disenchanting them, though I've only done it up to around (character) level 40ish.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/08/2012 10:37 PMPosted by Icpitl
In my experience, selling the quest greens is considerably more profitable than disenchanting them, though I've only done it up to around (character) level 40ish.

This changes as your level increases, and of course it varies from server to server. Infinite dust from LK items still sells for a good price, and I got rid of quite a bit of hypnotic dust from Cata stuff this weekend. Considering that MoP gear is usable starting at 81, a lot of the Cata drops for 81-85 are basically junk and are worth more as dust. Obviously you'll want to check your AH first.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]