What is your highest Ambush vs a Player?

90 Orc Rogue
Looking for responses from only Subtlety Rogues. I'm also looking for damage numbers when all burst CDs are used. Naturally World PvP against Players wearing PvE gear are going to produce the best results and that's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance for all helpful responses.

EDIT: Oh and please don't list numbers from the 30% Damage Bonus you can pick up in BGs.
Edited by Vorgas on 12/8/2012 4:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
40-50k if buffs are up (trink, expose weakness, SV, etc.) (crits mind you in random BGS)

Normally w/o buffs? around 30k.....though I have seen depressingly low numbers such as 15k (non crit) a bit on plate wearers.
Edited by Timat on 12/8/2012 7:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
ok
Ok, in world PvP?

Hold up, I got a screenshot for this...

http://i.imgur.com/Y3ik1.jpg

EDIT: Although one of these breaks the terms of this post, I still found it hilarious how hard I hit this guy. (The second of which is on a Wild Boar, but still, it was a big shuriken toss :3)

http://imgur.com/00NEx
http://imgur.com/iQ16I
Edited by Nessper on 12/8/2012 7:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
uhh
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I've had double 110k evis crits back to back with anticipation stacks on fully resiled non cloth targets in 3's with find weakness/pre-nerf on use.

Extremely RNG, but funny to see.
Edited by Nahj on 12/8/2012 3:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
about 130k
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
at level 69 i hit a 6300 ambush on the priest FC in warsong and won us the game. That's the last time i remember watching my ambush crit.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Between the C7 and C8 vertebra, the angle of gap tends to make it easier. But every now and again, when I'm feeling chipper, I'll go for a lumbar shiv.

You know...for fun.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Rolled Sub for a few minutes a while back. Shadow Danced in a duel, hit two back to back 10k ambushes, then decided to respec to Combat PVE.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I've been experimenting with ambush lately, it does hit hard when it crits but often it doesn't. I haven't given up on it just yet, i wanna see what it does with a slower weapon.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
12/08/2012 11:12 PMPosted by Cutyerballz
I've been experimenting with ambush lately, it does hit hard when it crits but often it doesn't. I haven't given up on it just yet, i wanna see what it does with a slower weapon.

It will do approximately the same damage given the same tier weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Yes, i calculated it to be approximately 1000dmg more with the slower weapon (Malevolent weapons). It sounds like a very small gain, but nonetheless i'm curious.
Edited by Cutyerballz on 12/8/2012 11:28 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]