Mana question.

90 Night Elf Druid
Couldn't find anything about this, but with a fixed mana pool and higher and higher stats as MoP continues, how will Blizzard counter not running out of mana, or is mana just going to become more of a resource like energy?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
As the expac progresses, spirit will begin to overpower mana costs, increasing longevity more and more as you get more gear, especially when new tiers are added.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The idea is you'll either take more throughput stats (and need to cast fewer spells as a result) or load up on more spirit (and never stop casting).

Of course we don't know for sure how it'll play out.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Additional spirit will only go so far. Unless the next tier has very large increases to spirit, which could be abused by reforging.

I think it's possible that some version of Replenishment is returned to healers in the future. I doubt it will be a group buff like before, but I can see it as a self-buff activated by specific spells.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think it's possible that some version of Replenishment is returned to healers in the future. I doubt it will be a group buff like before, but I can see it as a self-buff activated by specific spells.

Do want for holy priests and druids.
Reply Quote
One way to counter it is by increasing damage.

You'll have to reforge spirit to throughput stats instead so you can keep up with the damage.

Or they'll have to rebalance spirit. Give everyone higher base regen and then reduce the impact spirit has on regen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/08/2012 06:34 PMPosted by Kitsueie
The idea is you'll either take more throughput stats

Fairly certain this will be the most widely accepted route unless everything we do starts to be so powerful that it overheals no matter what. (lich king)

Although I must say i'm enjoying the high spirit route on my paladin and priest.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I am going the high spirit route on my paladin, and high throughput on this toon. Both seem viable, but I have noticed that on this druid, I am a lot more careful about spell and target selection, and it seems to be working so far.

One thing I have noticed, two-healing the fights in Mogu'shan Vaults is much much easier than three-healing them, as everything dies before mana becomes an extreme issue. I don't know if that will work in Heart of Fear or not.

In dungeons these days, I spend more time DPSing than healing, so mana is never an issue, once you get our of your quest greens.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I am going the high spirit route on my paladin, and high throughput on this toon. Both seem viable, but I have noticed that on this druid, I am a lot more careful about spell and target selection, and it seems to be working so far.

One thing I have noticed, two-healing the fights in Mogu'shan Vaults is much much easier than three-healing them, as everything dies before mana becomes an extreme issue. I don't know if that will work in Heart of Fear or not.

In dungeons these days, I spend more time DPSing than healing, so mana is never an issue, once you get our of your quest greens.

I've found my healing sweet spot. 10k spirit. Anything past that and i feel weaker with mana flowing out of every orifice on my body.

It has a lot to do with playstyle though. For example when i'm in holy spec i play wayyyyy more aggressively than as disc so i end up needing more spirit to keep up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]