Easiest dps class to play?

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
hey guys my younger brother (12 years old) wants to get into wow and i will level him a toon on his account.

what do you think is the easiest dps class to play and why?

thanks guys
90 Goblin Mage
The answer to that, across any expansion, any patch, and tier, has always and will ever be: Hunter.
90 Orc Hunter
12/08/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Donnicton
The answer to that, across any expansion, any patch, and tier, has always and will ever be: Hunter.

Pretty obvious with your statement you probably have never even played a Hunter past level 20.
90 Human Paladin
lol i played survival and marks hunter in ds, while fairly simple you still need to keep track of dots and what not, i think there are more simple classes than a hunter.

anyone else?
90 Undead Mage
12/08/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Aimazing
Pretty obvious with your statement you probably have never even played a Hunter past level 20.

Iunno....

12/08/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Faydê
hey guys my younger brother (12 years old) wants to get into wow and i will level him a toon on his account.

Your 12 yearold brother should probably follow the other 12 year olds and play a Paladin.

If he doesn't mind sucking for 90 levels, he could go Mage. I hear it's really easy once you hit item level 500....
90 Human Paladin
aha yea i was just about to say, lets rule out arc mage!!
Hunter -- Difference between top tier players and a monkey pounding the keyboard is definitely a smaller margin than any other class.
90 Troll Priest
All classes are easy to play, some are harder to excel at than others. However, the most important thing is that he plays a class he enjoys because that will make the game more enjoyable for him.
The answer is Assassination Rogue and Destro Lock. Now move one, the forums gets a million of these threads.

Apparently you can't abbreviate Assassination.
Edited by Ottomatic on 12/8/2012 7:41 PM PST
90 Undead Mage
Hunters are always easy
Hunters are a PITA now, way too busy and too many buttons. Indeed, they ought to be simplified. Not the easiest class by a stretch, not now. They've accumulated too much stuff over the years, this isn't your grandpa's hunter anymore.

I'll also put in a vote for destro. Haven't played a rogue can't comment on assassination.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Elemental.
Elemental Shaman. 1 major CD, 1 DoT, AoE and single target rotations are simple.
90 Gnome Warlock
Elemental Shaman and Destro Lock both have pretty simple single target DPS rotations, but a Warlock will be much easier to level up thanks to the Voidwalker pet.

I'd recommend a pet class for a new player. Hunters are equally easy to level but their level 90 DPS rotation is a lot more complicated than a Destro Warlock, and is probably the most complex ranged DPS rotation in the game at the moment.
90 Goblin Mage
Hands down, mage for the highest dps with lowest skillcap. Hunter for most forgiving to play, auto shot and a pet on assist will get you to 90.
90 Orc Warlock
Yeah, destro lock is about as simple as it gets. Immo > Conflag > Spam incinerate until OOM, then cast Chaos Bolt. You can get a little more fancy with AoE but even then...not really. Literally no procs to watch for or anything.

what do you think is the easiest dps class to play and why?

thanks guys

Traditonally it has been a tossup between a retardin or a huntard as the easy mode of WoW. What does he want to do in endgame? Might want to have him roll a drood or pally, as they have the option of playing all three roles.

So level a retardin. If he wants to heal or tank, he can do so without rerolling.

Both the ret and hunter stereotype are just wrong nowadays. Ret's not super complicated or anything, but inquisition is irritating. It doesn't hit that hard, either.

The new ret is the 2h Frost DK. It's about as mindless as it gets for plate melee. And it hits like a truck. I started my DK alt from 85 after my ret alt and got it to 90 first. Go figure.

Hunters have more buttons than you can shake a stick at now. They just aren't that simple anymore. Frankly, I'd rather play demo if we are talking pets. Or destro with a voidwalker, if we want to keep it simple.

So I'm voting for destro and frost DK.
Edited by Deerde on 12/8/2012 11:59 PM PST
5 Pandaren Shaman
12/08/2012 11:43 PMPosted by Zakigga
Yeah, destro lock is about as simple as it gets. Immo > Conflag > Spam incinerate until OOM, then cast Chaos Bolt. You can get a little more fancy with AoE but even then...not really. Literally no procs to watch for or anything.

Backdraft and coinciding Dark Soul with three-four embers makes it require atleast some awareness, though.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]