Easiest dps class to play?

(Locked)

90 Goblin Priest
i have 1 of everything 85-90 cept a warlock.
for pvp
BM hunter and Frost dk by a mile (Dk also start already half leveld for you (bonus!)

for pve. meh nothings hard about dpsing a boss on any class imo.

target dummy =/= pve.
22 Gnome Warrior
12/08/2012 11:57 PMPosted by Deerde
Hunters have more buttons than you can shake a stick at now.

That can be said for all classes. But it does not make the basic play any more complicated unless you want to play it that way.

The point is most of hunter damage is tied up in few, easily executed attacks.
90 Troll Hunter
12/09/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Prattle

That can be said for all classes. But it does not make the basic play any more complicated unless you want to play it that way.

Thats not even true. You and your family should feel bad. (okay maybe true if you're survival)
90 Troll Hunter
Everyone saying that Hunters are the easiest either haven't played them, or don't care about playing them well.

If you just want him to play something and do okay, then let him choose and help him understand what to do.
Edited by Finick on 12/9/2012 12:45 PM PST
1 Goblin Warrior
12/09/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Prattle

Except that isn't really true anymore, it's an old mindset that is no longer valid, I believe BM in particular is really bad.

Elemental Shammy's are fairly easy, and somewhat fun too, though leveling is a bit irritating at times.

Destro Warlock is very easy and fun.
90 Dwarf Hunter
At this point in the game I would say just explain to him what each class can do and have him pick for himself. All classes are ridiculously easy to lave now with the nerf to the content and buff to survivability all classes have received he should be capable to level any of the classes for 1-90 easy
90 Undead Mage
12/08/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Aimazing
Pretty obvious with your statement you probably have never even played a Hunter past level 20.

It's actually quite easy to play a hunter at any point... He's obviously not going to be raiding since he's just starting, and 12.
90 Troll Hunter
i have 1 of everything 85-90 cept a warlock.
for pvp
BM hunter and Frost dk by a mile (Dk also start already half leveld for you (bonus!)

for pve. meh nothings hard about dpsing a boss on any class imo.

target dummy =/= pve.

IDK, Garajal is basically a target dummy.
90 Pandaren Hunter
Everyone saying that Hunters are the easiest either haven't played them, or don't care about playing them well.

If you just want him to play something and do okay, then let him choose and help him understand what to do.

Nah, I've leveled a huntard again, and I still say they are the easy mode of WoW. But they are limited in that all they do is dps. If that's all he cares about doing in endgame - being a dpser - then go huntard, and don't look back.

If you want options, if you're not sure - level a drood or pally. I'd say of the two a ret pally will be easier than a drood.
90 Pandaren Monk
I'll chime in and say WW monk. I switched from my arcane mage to this guy and it's much easier.

Rising Sun Kick on cooldown. Tiger Palm every ~20 seconds to keep Tiger Power up. Spam Blackout Kick. You keep up one buff, and just replace a Blackout Kick with Rising Sun Kick every 8 seconds.

AoE is simple as well. Rising Sun Kick on cooldown still, then spam Spinning Crane Kick.

For leveling, you get the awesome monk XP quests. There's also a fun time from about level 40-80 where all you do is spam (glyphed) Spinning Fire Blossom.
90 Troll Mage
Hunter (particularly survival) is probably the easiest class to play effectively. Hunters are also one of the hardest classes to truly master. The problem is the difference in damage output from an effective hunter to a master hunter barley makes up for the effort (especially since hunters can now cast everything on the move).
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/09/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Orphie
Pretty obvious with your statement you probably have never even played a Hunter past level 20.

It's actually quite easy to play a hunter at any point... He's obviously not going to be raiding since he's just starting, and 12.

I raided with a 12 year old resto shaman in ToC and he was more than competent.
90 Human Warlock
Frost DK, push the button with the glow around it, hit outbreak on cooldown.
90 Human Death Knight
2h Frost DK - simple rotation and it hits like a truck. I prefer DW b/c it is a bit faster paced and has a bit higher degree of difficulty to perform well. (more honestly though, it is mainly because rolls for weapon drops in raids has absolutely sucked for me. I'll play the sub-spec I have the better weapon for.) But, as far as simplicity goes, either frost DK sub-spec is pretty easy.

As a side note, my 12 year old son has little problem playing a DK. He is also leveling an arms warrior without much trouble.
Edited by Vexarius on 12/10/2012 2:23 PM PST
90 Human Warlock
ROFL, umad? I don't top charts doing aforementioned.
90 Night Elf Druid
first off he needs the level the character himself since he wants to play. his 90 levels will let him learn how to play his toon or hes doomed to be a huntard forever
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]