So...vanish

90 Night Elf Rogue
Just vanished....and had a warrior literally trail me while I was in "improved stealth" mode (even clicked shadow walk in desperation) for the full three seconds....killing me before I even got out of vanish state

And here I thought vanish was fixed....
Edited by Timat on 12/8/2012 8:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I hate how vanish doesn't seem to work on pets
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
You hit the vanish button wrong.

Only explanation.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I know this feel.

Here's a super cool story from earlier this afternoon before work!

Ganking in Krasarang as I like to do and this warlock decides to get friends in the form of two druids, resto and boom. So I get this warlock dead, again, and I have to CloS Vanish away from all of that druid spam. Here's where it gets even less fun: the druids just follow me and start spamming moonfire as soon as CloS wears off while I'm still in stealth.

I ended up killing the both of them a few times, but I bet they got huge off that one kill and that just irks me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
It's ok, I vanished earlier only to never even enter improved stealth.

Then again, maybe I did, but hunter pet immediately pulled me out. *shrug*
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
nothing hurts more than vanishing and having some pissed off two headed-pug bitting your shins off for the entire duration of it.

Lynx rush is not fun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
i usually don't have an issue with vanish.
recently though, i vanished against an opponent ( can't remember class , DK or warr i think ) and he followed me in vanish for about 2 seconds untill he caught up ( the vanish still cleared my snares ) and he knocked me out with melee swing.

i was like.... really o.o"
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
best bet he hit evasion and his graphics told him he was in stealth
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/09/2012 02:11 AMPosted by Kãhn
best bet he hit evasion and his graphics told him he was in stealth

With how buggy stealth is, I wouldn't be surprised if OP is correct.
Reply Quote
"Don't worry, Rogues scale well, gear will fix it."
Reply Quote
video game = full of bugs ....

but seriously, we all know that every class can pull us out of stealth ... especially at close range. Did you even to think of racials or see if you were debuffed? Do you have any clue what warrior abilities are to pull you out of stealth?

And do the math on your timers ... apparently people are forgetting how quick 3 seconds really is ... really 2 after the spell is actually cast .... and it probably took the warrior another 10 seconds to kill him. Vanish is pretty much fine ... it just needs longer durations.

then again ... vanish wasn't made so you can break the game and escape everything in sight. Its made to drop combat, drop diminishing returns on stuns and get a quick hit from stealth in combat. Its a trick to use powerful abilities ... not to run away.... If they wanted us to run away and have more survivability ... vanish would stealth us, grant us immunity for 5 seconds and let us flee w/out being able to use any abilities while in this improved state. Then again, were not paladins.

HINT FOR VANISH:::: If you can not master vanish ... macro the following: vanish, Cloak of Shadows and Shadow step!!! Its amazing how you automatically get behind a warrior who still keeps running where he "thinks" you are. The learning curve of this game is seriously so easy its sickening. Use your abilities to their fullest potential!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Warlock imp's....just...LOL.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Macroing vanish and cloak together is an awful idea. Why would you waste such an important CD on purpose when there's a possibility there is no need to?

Also, who made you the end-all rogue on to say how we use our abilities. Vanish can be used defensively, and it can be used offensively.

EDIT: On topic.. yeah, I've had it happen too. Vanish, then get charged in the next global or two. I don't think Vanish is dropping targets randomly and it's working like the new stealth does now, once you've targeted someone in stealth, you see them for some 20 yards.
Edited by Cranx on 12/9/2012 5:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
12/08/2012 08:11 PMPosted by Timat
And here I thought vanish was fixed....

Kind of naive don't you think?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
12/08/2012 09:59 PMPosted by Viiss
i was like.... really o.o"

He told me to pass on a message

"Ya rly"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/09/2012 05:38 AMPosted by Ruffnstuff
but seriously, we all know that every class can pull us out of stealth ... especially at close range. Did you even to think of racials or see if you were debuffed? Do you have any clue what warrior abilities are to pull you out of stealth?

I dont think you quite get what happened....

I was close to dieing after killing an Orb carrier

the warrior was on me so I hit vanish

After I hit vanish the warrior was STILL ON ME. He was still swinging at me and as I was trying to run away he was following me, beating me every step until he executed me before my vanish "buff" even faded.

He didnt pull me out of stealth....he killed me INSIDE the stealth.

. If they wanted us to run away and have more survivability ... vanish would stealth us, grant us immunity for 5 seconds and let us flee w/out being able to use any abilities while in this improved state. Then again, were not paladins.

You do know blue stated vanish is a survival CD and should be used as such (thus taking overkill away)

So yea....your wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I noticed this today as well. Vanished and sprinted out of combat in Krasarang. Tauren Ele Shaman looks right at me from 20 yards away and frost shocks me out of stealth.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]