Can DKs get a little utility?

90 Gnome Rogue
Most people laugh at me when I mention I use Death Pact on my DK but when I use Raise Dead I get heal a nice amount if the healer couldn't handle it I might have to pick up a notch Its my own personal "Oh $h*T" button I have a feeling Blizzard would change it around in the near future I can always find something else in the Talent tree to mess with.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
GSO
The problem isn't that we have no utility. This thread is misleading. We have plenty of utility. The problem is that we have no raid COOL-DOWNS. We can contribute nothing to the longevity of the raid.

This thread has got itself so wrapped up in discussing if AMZ is good or not that we're ignoring the basic malfunction. It pales in comparison to every single thing that other tanks can do to help the raid as a whole live.

Pallies have HOPS and HoS's, seal of insight, devo aura, lay on hands
Monks get avert harm, ox statue (its not 500k dmg for the proc), and zen meditation
Warriors get demo banner, rallying cry, safeguard (the buff more than the intervene)
Druids get HoTW/Tranq, Cenarion Ward, and Stampeding Roar

DKs get AMZ and.... thats it. AMZ. In 25 man, its not a big deal because there are more healers to bring raid cooldowns but in 10 man, your 2 tanks need to have something to help keep the raid up. DKs don't really do that right now and it's frustrating. I think its even more frustrating hearing people try to agrue against it. Everyone I know mocks AMZ like it's an estranged black sheep yet still people are trying to come to its defense in this thread.
Edited by Novahkane on 12/19/2012 5:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
12/19/2012 04:52 AMPosted by Novahkane
A dk has... AMZ. Which only works for ONE attack, and only for a magic attack. Again, currently there is no real application where this functions as a "cool down" as much as it's just something to supplement another weak CD (Spriest VE).

To quote a certain race traitor, you make funny posts.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
GSO
12/19/2012 05:05 AMPosted by Ðemolition
A dk has... AMZ. Which only works for ONE attack, and only for a magic attack. Again, currently there is no real application where this functions as a "cool down" as much as it's just something to supplement another weak CD (Spriest VE).

To quote a certain race traitor, you make funny posts.

Throughout the CDs entire life it's been mocked. I have even at times been told not to call it out when I use it for fear of preventing someone from using an actual cooldown. You can mock my guild and raid leader if you'd like, but you should probably check my progression before you do. AMZ doesn't cut the mustard and only a troll would try to convince others of anything different.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
12/19/2012 04:52 AMPosted by Novahkane
yet still people are trying to come to its defense in this thread.

Wait, stop.
You mean the thread full of people who don't play DK's, and don't raid with DK's, have uneducated opinions about our cooldowns?!

I... I'm shocked.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]