The Sin'Dorei and the Quel'Dorei..

100 Blood Elf Mage
Okay I think Blizzard needs to clear up Blood Elven Lore. A lot of people are asking for High Elves as a playable race for the Alliance but that does not make a bit of sense.

First of all, the Sunwell was cleansed and sparked back to life. That has a big effect on them as a whole. All Blood Elves are, are just magically fel tainted High Elves. After completing the Sunwell both High Elves and Blood Elves are seen together. The High Elves obviously want access to their homelands again because of this restoration.

I think the Quel'Dorei and Sin'Dorei should get over each other's moral differences and focus on the fact that 90% of their race was destroyed and they should grow up and work together.

I think Blizzard should add cool effects such as all elves should get a buff when they enter their homelands (Quel'Thalas). The Sunwell affects their land so they should get a buff. 25% more mana and spell power.

Blizzard should spend an expansion on actually rebuilding Azeroth and then they should send us to Argus to help the Draenei's out to reclaim their sacred planet or something. However I would love to see updated lore on all the races as well as new models for them. Blizzard always says it takes too much time to implement all of this, well then turn it into an expanision. Have heavy phasing, every quest you complete with your race should actually change when you complete it. They should have quests that stick, when the Blood Elves reclaimed Ghostlands, nothing changed... Phasing should be worked in so that once you completed the right quests, they actually showed change..

Just my two cents.. What do you peeps think? By the way i'm not trying to jump to another expansion, just would love to see a more reliable source of lore updates.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Not happening after the Dalaran purge.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/09/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Vatharius
I think the Quel'Dorei and Sin'Dorei should get over each other's moral differences and focus on the fact that 90% of their race was destroyed and they should grow up and work together.

Moral differences can actualy be quite difficult to get over, on top of that political affiliations play a role here as do percieved wrongs on both sides that would logically require both sides to do something to get over.
Reply Quote
62 Orc Death Knight
12/09/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Skytotem
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
12/09/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Skytotem

This. Particularly since the Silver Covernent has such a large and particularly violent involvement in said purge.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I hate neutrality because of these hand-holding suggestions.

They can't work together because they fundamentally disagree on the justifiable means to their common end. It wouldn't matter if they virtually agreed on every aspect of society if one of the groups is perfectly alright with annihilating and siphoning from magical beings to satiate their lust for power while another is not. It's every bit as galvanizing as the North-South issues were in the American Civil War.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
At this point, the remaining High Elves have more in common with Night Elves than anybody else; they'll probably integrate into Darnassian society.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I fear...after the Purge of Dalaran Quel'dorei and Sin'Dorei relations will be forever at each other's throats. I still think the High Elves should rise again, playable or not.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Kind of ironic really. The high elves are doing exactly what the blood elves did to them, expelling them from there homes due to very specious reasons.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/10/2012 01:46 AMPosted by Zerde
Kind of ironic really. The high elves are doing exactly what the blood elves did to them, expelling them from there homes due to very specious reasons.

If by specious you mean betraying the neutraility of Dalaran, then sure.

To the OP:

You can't just airbursh the differences between the Quel'dorei and Sin'dorei. They have certain commonalities, sure, but a vasy swath of differences that are likely unreconciable. First and foremost are teh Sin'dorei's chosen allies. The Orcs, whom the Quel'dorei consider to be bitter enemies, responsable for numerous elven deaths. The Forsaken, many of whom probably participated in the attack on Quel'thalas that nearly exterminated their people, and lastly the trolls, the most ancient and bitter enemies of the Quel'dorei that they havebeen fighting since the very dawn of humanity.

The fel-corruption is permamanent, even if every Sin'dorei stopped their abuse of fel magics, the taint is heriditary. Just look to the orcs of Durotar. Even the purest among them still carries the green skin of fel-taint. Just as the green-tainted eyes of the Sin'dorei are there to stay.

And while these two races have shed blood since their seperation, it has never been on a scale as what occured during the Purge of Dalaran. The Sunreavers (or atleast enough of them) betrayed Dalaran and then took up arms against Dalaran. This was more than Alliance Vs Horde. This was Quel'dorei vs Sin'dorei.

Face it, these two groups will never rejoin. The Quel'dorei remain firmly with the Alliance and the Sin'dorei firmly with the Horde. As time goes on, the differences, both genetically and culturally will only continue to diverge.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
12/12/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Adeodatus

If by specious you mean betraying the neutraility of Dalaran, then sure.

To the OP:

You can't just airbursh the differences between the Quel'dorei and Sin'dorei. They have certain commonalities, sure, but a vasy swath of differences that are likely unreconciable. First and foremost are teh Sin'dorei's chosen allies. The Orcs, whom the Quel'dorei consider to be bitter enemies, responsable for numerous elven deaths. The Forsaken, many of whom probably participated in the attack on Quel'thalas that nearly exterminated their people, and lastly the trolls, the most ancient and bitter enemies of the Quel'dorei that they havebeen fighting since the very dawn of humanity.

The fel-corruption is permamanent, even if every Sin'dorei stopped their abuse of fel magics, the taint is heriditary. Just look to the orcs of Durotar. Even the purest among them still carries the green skin of fel-taint. Just as the green-tainted eyes of the Sin'dorei are there to stay.

And while these two races have shed blood since their seperation, it has never been on a scale as what occured during the Purge of Dalaran. The Sunreavers (or atleast enough of them) betrayed Dalaran and then took up arms against Dalaran. This was more than Alliance Vs Horde. This was Quel'dorei vs Sin'dorei.

Face it, these two groups will never rejoin. The Quel'dorei remain firmly with the Alliance and the Sin'dorei firmly with the Horde. As time goes on, the differences, both genetically and culturally will only continue to diverge.

And worse for some people, the Sin'dorei hold all of Quel'thalas. The Ghostlands, the Eversong forest, Silvermoon City, Sunstrider island and Quel'danas, the island that holds the Sunwell which is under complete control by the Sin'dorei. I imagine the pilgrimages the High elves were allowed to do has now been curtailed.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 02:58 PMPosted by Kynrind
And worse for some people, the Sin'dorei hold all of Quel'thalas. The Ghostlands, the Eversong forest, Silvermoon City, Sunstrider island and Quel'danas, the island that holds the Sunwell which is under complete control by the Sin'dorei. I imagine the pilgrimages the High elves were allowed to do has now been curtailed

Don't think blood elves actually have full control of the isle of Quel'Danas just yet, while yes it makes sense they would reclaim the sunwell, the island is still the battleground it's been since TBC, we'd have to see what Blizz does with it to be sure
Reply Quote
A lot of people are asking for High Elves as a playable race for the Alliance but that does not make a bit of sense.

There's a whole previous forum on High Elves several of us here were part of in which there was an overall agreement at the end that High Elves would make sense as a playable race. Though there's also a reasonable push for ogres as well for the horde.
Reply Quote
Blizzard should spend an expansion on actually rebuilding Azeroth

That would be cool indeed.
Reply Quote
updated lore on all the races as well as new models for them

Updated lore comes hand in hand with each new expansion. However new race models I don't see coming all too soon because, at least in my experience, majority of people arn't complaining about them.
Reply Quote
every quest you complete with your race should actually change when you complete it

I think this would cause not only serious glitches and bugs, but would also cause some big time lag.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Did no one read the Theron's short story? :S
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
They should have quests that stick, when the Blood Elves reclaimed Ghostlands, nothing changed

I think it's about time the Ghostlands were remade along with maybe the draenei islands as well.
Reply Quote
10 Worgen Druid
12/12/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Valrind
And worse for some people, the Sin'dorei hold all of Quel'thalas. The Ghostlands, the Eversong forest, Silvermoon City, Sunstrider island and Quel'danas, the island that holds the Sunwell which is under complete control by the Sin'dorei. I imagine the pilgrimages the High elves were allowed to do has now been curtailed

Don't think blood elves actually have full control of the isle of Quel'Danas just yet, while yes it makes sense they would reclaim the sunwell, the island is still the battleground it's been since TBC, we'd have to see what Blizz does with it to be sure

untrue. When you do the quest for the siter blade you actually go to Quel'danas and it phases on the island showing it completly reclaimed. The blood elves control the sunwell and all of Quel'thalas peroid end of story.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Aethen
Did no one read the Theron's short story? :S
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]