DK = worst pvp class, blizzard doesn't care

1 Human Warlock
Haven''t heard a reply from bad yet : )
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
12/07/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Ulfric
They're not the worst but they're not even close to the top.

This is pretty much dead on. We do above-average damage but we have quite seriously below-average mobility and defences.

Our biggest problem is we are simply not Warriors. Where we have to give up what little control or mobility we have for a single target stun on a 60 second CD, Warriors give up nothing and get an AoE stun on 20(!!!) second CD. Warriors have superior mobility then we can ever get as baseline and to top it all off, do vastly superior damage. I used to think we at least had superior defensive moves but between Second Wind, Die By The Sword, Mass Spell Reflection and Rallying Cry, I don't think we even have that any more.

In conclusion while I don't think DK are in a bad state, the problem lies in the top tier classes being on a completely different page and making us pointless.
Edited by Vandaro on 12/8/2012 6:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Here's a little tip for all of you that think Deathknight sucks at pvp.

(DeathKnights don't suck at pvp you just suck at pvping as a Deathknight there is a difference)

Everything is a learn to play issue sorry if our class has a lower margin for mistakes than some of the other classes but we can beat any other class we go up against no problem when spec'd right. I have no sympathy for people that get beat by people because they are just popping pillar and going in and trying to out derp someone cause your on Cds. Be smart use your brain and you will see we actually have a good toolset for most any 1v1 currently and our group combat is one of the best of all the classes, when you give us multiple healers we are one of the only classes that can really unleash hell on a battle ground.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Here's a little tip for all of you that think Deathknight sucks at pvp.

(DeathKnights don't suck at pvp you just suck at pvping as a Deathknight there is a difference)

Everything is a learn to play issue sorry if our class has a lower margin for mistakes than some of the other classes but we can beat any other class we go up against no problem when spec'd right. I have no sympathy for people that get beat by people because they are just popping pillar and going in and trying to out derp someone cause your on Cds. Be smart use your brain and you will see we actually have a good toolset for most any 1v1 currently and our group combat is one of the best of all the classes, when you give us multiple healers we are one of the only classes that can really unleash hell on a battle ground.
so you dont think theres an inherent problem with having to rely on rated bgs and being babysat by your healers to get any kind of decent rating?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
When you play smart you shouldn't have to be baby sat anymore than other people there are times when as a melee you need to fall back just because your the only one in range of the enemy melee group and range group so you are just taking to much dmg anyone will die with 4 people attacking them.

the fact of the matter is about 90% of dks are not good at the class so they feel the need to cry about things when they don't go the way they saw in their heads. I'll admit we do take huge sums of dmg sometimes you have to adjust you might get shattered down to 30% and your healers in a sheep or whatever you have to play know this is going to happen and not be shocked when it does play smart play always have 3 different escapes planed because you can't just expect to run in global someone. id also advise picking up conversion and working with that it can be huge when a healer is in a cc or you just need to get away. When put in the hands of someone that knows how to use it conversion can be better than 2nd wind.
Edited by Ehr on 12/8/2012 8:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Oh and kusari your weapons be all wrong and !@#$ mang put the fallen crusader on the off hand so you don't have it disarmed silly.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
12/08/2012 08:39 AMPosted by Ehr
Oh and kusari your weapons be all wrong and !@#$ mang put the fallen crusader on the off hand so you don't have it disarmed silly.

Your meta is wrong and you havnt taken advantage of them socket bonuses, your missing str enchant on your bracers, your wayyy over expertise cap and you have a stam enchant on you cloak mang, your speaking like you have been above 1500 in 3s arenas this season bro, yes dks are awesome in rbgs but in arena they get globaled, go find out if you dont believe me.
Edited by Cørpser on 12/8/2012 9:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Balance is what Blizz aimed for in this expansion for dks, and i think they got pretty close, most of dks problems can be solved by changing talents or glyphs, but there are 2 main points i think they should change in the next patch to make dk a complete class, yet not OP:

Redefine Strangulate's downside: costing a blood rune AND having a 2 min cd is too much, i almost never have this skill up when i rly need to, either cuz i have no runes up (Frost DKs have no blood runes so this skill costs death runes, which makes it even harder) or is on cd.
I think they should choose to either make it a 1 min cd with rune cost or 2min cd with no rune cost, make 1 of this suggestions a baseline for all specs and a glyph that changes it to the remaining suggestion.

Turn Enhanced Power Weapon into a defensive cd: DK doesnt have a skill that makes the opponent want to switch off targets, like warrior's shield wall, pally's bubble, mage's ice block n etc. True, we can copy most of those spells with DS, but thats highly situational so it cant be relied on. I dunno about u guys, this is just my opinion, but id gladly trade EPW for a cd that makes it harder to finish me off, since i dont run out of runes or RP very often.. if not that at least redefine tier 2 talents, which were supposed to improve survival but none of them rly hits the spot.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Nnnnnnnoooooooo. No.

I'd rather play my DK than my monk. Monks are the worst pvp class atm.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
Nnnnnnnoooooooo. No.

I'd rather play my DK than my monk. Monks are the worst pvp class atm.

oh we mean worst hero class sorry for the confusion
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
12/08/2012 09:06 AMPosted by Tikomonakama
like warrior's shield wall, pally's bubble, mage's ice block n etc. True, we can copy most of those spells with DS

nope they dont cost mana
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
i said most of those spells, not all of them. we can copy divine shield and ice block, but not shield wall if thats what got u confused
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
when did they make ice block cost mana again?
Reply Quote
70 Human Paladin
death knights are in an iffy spot there great for rbgs but in a weak spot for arena who ever is saying uh isnt viable just cant play there class ... i do agree how ever that death knights are lacking and could use a buff but underpowerd by no means
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Your meta is wrong and you havnt taken advantage of them socket bonuses, your missing str enchant on your bracers, your wayyy over expertise cap and you have a stam enchant on you cloak mang, your speaking like you have been above 1500 in 3s arenas this season bro, yes dks are awesome in rbgs but in arena they get globaled, go find out if you dont believe me.

just got the bracer the other day after i got my weapons upgraded , spell reflect meta > str meta, Power stacking > str socket bonuses the 200 stam is cause im conversion and i like the added hp and i guess you have never fought a warrior or dk so your exp must be like 2 and is the reason why you are getting beat by warriors and other dks if you want to be taken srsly why dont you post on your main and not a level one it's easy to criticize someone sitting behind an anonymous title
Edited by Ehr on 12/8/2012 9:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
the 200 stam is cause im conversion and i like the added hp and i guess you have never fought a warrior

200 stam gonna make a difference

12/08/2012 09:28 AMPosted by Ehr
your wayyy over expertise cap

inb4 you find out what the expertise cap is lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I think you ppl need to understand is that their are much better classes to pick right now and that's really want blizzard wouldn't want. Im sure they know that DK's still need a lot of work, im sure they realize that wars weren't nerf enough. Lets just hope they fix its sooner rather then later.

Being dominated by just about every other class just isnt fun.
Edited by Dèxtèr on 12/8/2012 11:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
If i get a healer on me I go off. I did 2s on my frost DK the other day with my holy pally friend. Both people would tunnel me with their CDs off the bat.

I just spam howling blast (specced chillblains) to kite their CDs and then I crap all over them with awesome damage.

I feel a lot like a warrior in cata on my DK. Alright by yourself but unstoppable with a healer on you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I don't know. I feel like I'm doing well. I'm one of the weirdos that loves UH. BGs are fine and my husband and I just started arena again this X-PAC. I miss a few of the abilities I had previously, but overall still ok.
Reply Quote
70 Troll Druid
If i get a healer on me I go off. I did 2s on my frost DK the other day with my holy pally friend. Both people would tunnel me with their CDs off the bat.

I just spam howling blast (specced chillblains) to kite their CDs and then I crap all over them with awesome damage.

I feel a lot like a warrior in cata on my DK. Alright by yourself but unstoppable with a healer on you.

wth are you on about
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]