DK = worst pvp class, blizzard doesn't care

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Well i am saying good bye to my DK. The only thing he will be doing is farming till they fix us. In a world where evryone has 3-4 CC and our cc's suck we are pritty screwed. CC are whats killing DK's at this time. All they would need to do to fix us is to give us the tools to deal closing gaps like they have warriors. All I play the game for is PVP and all I do is random BG's. I hope to get to play my Dk sometime soon but thats up to Bliz.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Here's a little tip for all of you that think Deathknight sucks at pvp.

(DeathKnights don't suck at pvp you just suck at pvping as a Deathknight there is a difference)

Everything is a learn to play issue sorry if our class has a lower margin for mistakes than some of the other classes but we can beat any other class we go up against no problem when spec'd right. I have no sympathy for people that get beat by people because they are just popping pillar and going in and trying to out derp someone cause your on Cds. Be smart use your brain and you will see we actually have a good toolset for most any 1v1 currently and our group combat is one of the best of all the classes, when you give us multiple healers we are one of the only classes that can really unleash hell on a battle ground.

Lol no.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Here's a little tip for all of you that think Deathknight sucks at pvp.

(DeathKnights don't suck at pvp you just suck at pvping as a Deathknight there is a difference)

Everything is a learn to play issue sorry if our class has a lower margin for mistakes than some of the other classes but we can beat any other class we go up against no problem when spec'd right. I have no sympathy for people that get beat by people because they are just popping pillar and going in and trying to out derp someone cause your on Cds. Be smart use your brain and you will see we actually have a good toolset for most any 1v1 currently and our group combat is one of the best of all the classes, when you give us multiple healers we are one of the only classes that can really unleash hell on a battle ground.

Lol no.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
There is nothing wrong with DK cc. There is something wrong with most every other classes cc. There is just to much of it. PvP should be about fighting. Not about who is the lucky person not cc that has a chance to actually do something. Every class having multiple cc is whats causing the problem, you do not fix this problem by giving more cc to DKs. This is the reason PvP is in such a bad state.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/15/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Holymystic
There is nothing wrong with DK cc. There is something wrong with most every other classes cc. There is just to much of it. PvP should be about fighting. Not about who is the lucky person not cc that has a chance to actually do something. Every class having multiple cc is whats causing the problem, you do not fix this problem by giving more cc to DKs. This is the reason PvP is in such a bad state.

Agreed. The only exception would be Strangulate, it needs to loose the rune cost. Compared to other classes our cc is terrible, but DK's aren't the problem. Our's has to be used offensively or defensively, you have to be smart about it's use because it has long cd's, and there is a choice that you have to make when using cc.

Compare this to a warrior that has an AoE stun (that deals damage) every 20 secs. Compare Strangulate (3sec silence on a 2min cd costing a rune) to Silencing Shot (3sec silence on a 20sec cd absolutely free). These are examples of cc's you use because they are off cooldown, not something you actualy have to be smart about. BTW not having a go at hunters, warriors etc, its the developers. What were they thinking?!?!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
When I read the thread title, all I could think about was that Blizz are a buncha honey badgers.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/07/2012 03:08 PMPosted by Shadowsick
compare dks to every single class the in the game, and dks are at the bottom for many reasons from survivability to cc..no class has a worse combination than dks do..instead of fixing dks, blizzard is nerfing other classes/trinkets/pvp power..that isn't helping dks at all..dumb blizz

Ele and Enh shamans say hi

12/07/2012 11:39 PMPosted by Nixilaas
frost is essentially a glass cannon, we can pump out the damage with the best of them. but don't have half the survivability of say a warrior

Ele shaman who is SUPPOSE to be THE glass cannon still has crappier burst than ALOT of classes.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
12/15/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Madalynn
Ele shaman who is SUPPOSE to be THE glass cannon still has crappier burst than ALOT of classes.

12/15/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Madalynn
Ele and Enh shamans say hi

You're doing it wrong, then.

Enhancement is doing rather well in damage and representation. Their ability to sustain damage while maintaining ample crowd control and sustained healing vastly supersedes that of Death Knight.

Elemental is a watered down Frost Mage with utility and the advantage of self healing. Their burst isn't amazing, but they aren't the most bursty of classes. They're more of a sustained damage class. They are not "THE" glass cannon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
12/15/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Holymystic

This. All of you asking for more CC's for DK's are insane. This game needs less CC, not more. We have Death Grip, Strangulate, and one or two more options depending on our talents. Yes, Strangulate's cooldown should be reduced, but that's enough CC for any class. Warrriors have three baseline CC's, an entire tier dedicated to improving one of those, and three more tiers just for additional CC. If they're not specced into CC, they;re speced into countering it. A class should be able to CC or counter CC, not both. It removing CC's is a problem, give classes more ways to counter.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
12/15/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Karaahl
It removing CC's is a problem, give classes more ways to counter.
Then we're just going in circles.

Patch 6.1 : Too many counters to CC. Add more CC!
Edited by Pushßutton on 12/15/2012 7:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
hmmm funny im almost unbeatable as blood. really learn to play your class before you !@#$%
Reply Quote
89 Goblin Rogue
99% of all battlegrounds end in a DK doing 2-5 million more damage than anyone else. No DK should ever be crying. Ever.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/15/2012 07:56 PMPosted by Jujukazoo
99% of all battlegrounds end in a DK doing 2-5 million more damage than anyone else. No DK should ever be crying. Ever.

I promise there is more to PvP than the damage scoreboard in random BGs.

12/15/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Drägonborn
hmmm funny im almost unbeatable as blood. really learn to play your class before you !@#$%

You're also mostly useless for your team unless you're defending a node or carrying a flag. Blood is pretty good in arena too, I hear (Note: I did not hear this)

Anyway, what I'd like to see is Strangulate receiving a gigantic buff. Currently the worst silence by a country mile. Ditto Gnaw. Remove energy cost, remove from pet gcd, reduce cooldown.

Then a short cooldown defensive option like Bone Shield made baseline. Don't know that we need too much more than that. Easy to just want to keep piling stuff on until we're completely broken.

Edit: Oh and I forgot, remove rp cost on Icebound Fortitude. Please?
Edited by Sonus on 12/15/2012 9:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

howling blast, frost fever meter padding is cool. i could do the same thing on an affliction lock by just running around dotting everyone i see it doesnt mean that i contributed in any way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

So yeah, meter padding cleave and DoTs (a third of all damage will be Frost Fever), healer to keep us up and less kiting due to fighting over nodes. Check how many deaths those DK's have next to their name. I bet they finish on highest damage and highest deaths.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
This thread is so full of stupidity....

& no I'm not agreeing with the arsehat retards that say a DK is fine. Our mechanics are way outdated atm... badly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/15/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Pushßutton
It removing CC's is a problem, give classes more ways to counter.
Then we're just going in circles.

Patch 6.1 : Too many counters to CC. Add more CC!

So what? You really think Blizzard is just going to wake up and remove all the unnecessary CC from PvP one day? Smoking dope, son. I'll take more anti-CC over nothing any day. At least then we might be viable for a season or two.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Rob ‏@scmpoez
@Ghostcrawler do u think melee damage is out of control atm? specifically feral/dk/warrior... esp w/ healing debuff its just unhealable...

Greg Street
‏@Ghostcrawler
@scmpoez Feral, maybe. DK no. Warriors have been nerfed a ton lately.
Edited by Trip on 12/16/2012 7:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/16/2012 07:16 AMPosted by Trip

Rob ‏@scmpoez
@Ghostcrawler do u think melee damage is out of control atm? specifically feral/dk/warrior... esp w/ healing debuff its just unhealable...

Greg Street
‏@Ghostcrawler
@scmpoez Feral, maybe. DK no. Warriors have been nerfed a ton lately.

For the 40 zillionth time, DK damage is all padded by HB cleaves and disease spreads. If you actually bother to check the recount data, you'll realize Obliterate is NOT the most damaging attack for BGs. It's HB and Frost Fever. Our damage is nowhere near out of control, it's just overly spread.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]