5.1 and Beyond: Developer Q&As

90 Goblin Shaman
can i read it somewhere or am i missing something
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/08/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Swarrzk
can i read it somewhere or am i missing something

I noted next to each interview whether it's audio or text.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Will there ever be transcripts of the audio interviews available?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/08/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Hippeaux

If these or other sites wish to provide them. We don't dictate the editorial direction or format of the interviews we setup. Our goal is to work with fansites to share design insights directly from the developers. The content they wish to cover, and how they present that information to the community, is their call. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/08/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Zarhym

If these or other sites wish to provide them. We don't dictate the editorial direction or format of the interviews we setup. Our goal is to work with fansites to share design insights directly from the developers. The content they wish to cover, and how they present that information to the community, is their call. :)

: (

I guess I'll just have to listen to them then like a normal person.

And update on if we're ever getting an artist Q & A?
Reply Quote
Any chance we can ask some questions, that we did not see on the interviews?
Reply Quote
26 Troll Shaman
Always good to hear official word from Blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/08/2012 06:52 AMPosted by Okuu
Some would say the same about

12/08/2012 06:52 AMPosted by Okuu
pvp content

No they wouldnt
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
Any word on new character models?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Here were the interesting parts for me. :)

Referring to the feats of strength associated with killing the final boss in MSV, HoF, and ToES.
Those feat of strengths though, will NOT be available once patch 5.2 comes out, regardless.

-Ion Hazzikostas

http://www.methodwow.com/board/content.php?284-Method-interviews

Unfortunately, there's no way to do Brawler's Guild as a healer or a tank. It's basically how badass of a dps you are at killing monsters

-Dave Kosak

http://www.wowhead.com/news=208882/wowheads-exclusive-interview-with-lead-quest-designer-dave-kosak

Referring to the Brawler's Guild Que.
Also one thing people may not know is that they’re prioritized in the queue if they haven’t fought that day, which means longer queues if they wiped and are looking for another shot.

-Greg Street

http://www.wowjuju.com/_/wowarticles/exclusive-interview-with-greg-street-r277

3. Regarding Brawler Guild again, if you go there as a group you can benefit from all the group buffs. Is this intended, because those going alone will have a big disadvantage?

GC: It is intended to be solo content (perhaps with a few others cheering you or the crocolisk on). If players aren’t being restricted to the solo limitation, then it’s probably a bug that we’ll fix, depending on the severity of the issue.

http://www.wowjuju.com/_/wowarticles/exclusive-interview-with-greg-street-r277

My input about the last quote: I think the benefit from getting raid buffs for brawlers guild fights is one of the few features since MoP that really encourages players to work with others outside of their circle of friends. Competition has it's place, but with the removal of the ability to buff others going into that same challenge, other people will just become obstacles again. I think the ability to befriend other "brawlers" for buffs really adds a layer of co-operation we haven't seen in a while. I would personally like it to stay.
Edited by Zanzabarr on 12/9/2012 12:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Not a single reference to new character models? I know they're working on them and they'll tell us when they feel ready but the community should still be pressuring for any morsel or scrap of information that is possible to rip from their skulls.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Changes in transmog coming hopefully! Screw legendaries, man it's all about main hand/one hand!
Reply Quote
Healers and CC still out of control in PVP and no fix in sight.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
WoW has fragmented itself so much in its desire to appeal to everyone, that everything now has a unpolished, disjointed, lackluster, incomplete, homogenized feel to it.

Since I cannot enjoy the entirety of the PvE game using the classes + spec that I enjoy playing, due to design/creativity shortcomings & general class/spec/talent/glyph neglect, I see no sense in wasting further subscription dollars on it.
Edited by Kismet on 12/9/2012 2:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
laughable.... first line on the post today on mmo champ

Steps are being taken to balance healers, especially Shaman, in PvP. This is being done incrementally to avoid a knee jerk reaction and going too far in one direction. Moving totems back into the schools of magic was one of the changes to bring them more in line.

to requote the section here : This is being done incrementally to avoid a knee jerk reaction and going too far in one direction.

considering how you all castrated fire magi... far from incremental. the flip flopping on how you handle issues... y'all should stop making games and go into politics

Bravo!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12/09/2012 12:39 AMPosted by Elrith
Not a single reference to new character models? I know they're working on them and they'll tell us when they feel ready but the community should still be pressuring for any morsel or scrap of information that is possible to rip from their skulls.

That would need to come from the artists. None of the interviews were with artists.
Reply Quote
8 Worgen Rogue
I watched the interview on Legendary and Game Breaker with Greg. I appreciate everything that the team does to keep the game moving along. I know it's a lot of work.

However they mentioned in this interview that they use sims to check on the different classes to see how they are doing in the game.

I would like to suggest that some of the people who are in that dept. to actually get on a Rogue and go into a lvl 90 battleground. Watch first hand as your stealth breaks. Check out the other things about them. For instance try and take on any of the other class players on a one on one fight.

The sim Rogue may do well in a Dungeon with a healer continually on him but try a battle ground going up against the other classes and have a real person there trying to keep the Rogue alive.
Reply Quote
76 Undead Mage
Cool, like there is "Slow Fall", I like to see "Super Jump" in Patch 5.2.
Reply Quote
8 Worgen Rogue
Actually Clannicus Mages have something just as good as Super Jump its called Blink.

Try the Rogues "Blind" compared to the Ice Trap, Roots, Fears, Horror that all the other classes have. If a Rogue Blinds another player, the Rogue dare not go near that player and can only hope, no one touches the Blind player because as soon as that happens, the spell is broken.

Where as Rogues can be trapped by all of the above and hammered on while still locked down and usually end up dead since they only wear leather.

Blizz knew that the new MoP Rogue would need 'Slow Fall' as a survival feature, since he would be using it a whole lot when jumping off cliffs or towers or out windows when facing any of the other classes in a pvp encounter.
Edited by Rugy on 12/9/2012 10:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
76 Undead Mage
Cool. "Like for example. leaping or jumping on to mountaintops or tops of buildings".
Edited by Clannicus on 12/10/2012 6:03 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]