The "Bosses left" message needs to come back

90 Dwarf Paladin
What possible reason could there be for removing the message that told you how many bosses were dead in an instance before entering it? It was nice knowing what boss a raid was on in raid finder so you wouldn't be forced to re-spend your time killing it again just to complete the instance. Yes, it can be annoying waiting for a group to refill after a boss, but that's nothing compared to being forced to either waste more of your time on a boss that you will get absolutely nothing from or take a 30 min. deserter debuff.
Edited by Daedros on 12/8/2012 4:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Isn't it great! Its a fantastic improvement. Raids are no longer paused for long periods of time waiting to refill. And if you get one already inprogress, theres always the Valor bonus for completing it.

Its a win win for everyone.. well maybe not those leechers that would come in for 1 boss and jet, but the people that actually want to participate will have a much more pleasant experience.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Yep, fantastic..... its wonderful having to redo something you've already done for no reward. If I only had one boss left to complete the instance why should I be forced to do the whole thing again instead of looking for one that was almost done? And why should I not have the choice to not join an instance that already killed the bosses I need, and on top of that, be forced to stay or take a debuff?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Because it's better this way. There are instances where it can be frustrating but runs actually complete far more often than they don't now.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
12/08/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Daedros
Yep, fantastic..... its wonderful having to redo something you've already done for no reward. If I only had one boss left to complete the instance why should I be forced to do the whole thing again instead of looking for one that was almost done? And why should I not have the choice to not join an instance that already killed the bosses I need, and on top of that, be forced to stay or take a debuff?

You receive valor for completing the run. Unless your capped. What I do is run LFR first, then cap valor afterwords. This affords me the minimum amount of work to cap valor while still completing the LFR runs. You can finish your valor cap with dailies or heroic runs.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
So your saying its not fair to give people the choice to not go to an instance where the boss they need is already dead, and threaten them with a debuff to keep them there?
Reply Quote
12 Pandaren Monk
12/08/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Daedros
So your saying its not fair to give people the choice to not go to an instance where the boss they need is already dead, and threaten them with a debuff to keep them there?

because it's not fair to the 90% of the players who are stuck waiting because too many people keeps cancelling que that isn't fresh or at the right boss.

If Blizz took it away, it's because far more people are affected before than after the change.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
12/08/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Daedros

Since the change went into effect, I have yet to be put into a partial run consisting of only bosses Ive already killed.

I *was* put into them BEFORE.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
But at your choice, taking away choices is never a good thing
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
12/08/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Daedros

Yes. The raid is a whole package. Otherwise each boss would be its own selection in the list. Do it or eat the debuff. Depending on where they are, your debuff might net you less wasted time.

Edit: Also, you can't be put into a raid that has nothing but bosses you've already killed.
Edited by Shanpuu on 12/8/2012 4:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
There's a finite number of instance servers that can be active at any given time because Blizzard doesn't have a limitless supply of hardware. When the notification was there, you had a bottleneck created where a bunch of groups were sitting at 2/3 and lost people, and there were a bunch of people fishing for fresh runs. No fresh runs can be created because there aren't any available servers, and the existing servers can't have their runs finished because no one's replacing the people that left.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/08/2012 04:58 PMPosted by Shanpuu

Yes. The raid is a whole package. Otherwise each boss would be its own selection in the list. Do it or eat the debuff. Depending on where they are, your debuff might net you less wasted time.
That argument is bout just as effective as grabbing a bunch of seasons of a show tossing them into the air let them hit the ground pick a disk at random then watch and then wonder why you were forced into it. Options are nice but people who join midway most of them leave because there isnt a deserter debuff atm(i left 3 raids in a row because i just wanted to do all bosses in 1 go).
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
This is my situation now:
queue time is 30min to 1 hour

Previously:
queue time was less than 30min

Entered to kill last bosses.

Re-queue for 40min.

Enter to find out is the same bosses, spent 30 min to kill and left.

Re-queue again for 40min.

Enter to find out is not fresh run again!

How much time had I wasted???????

If I could see 2/3 or 0/3 or 1/3, I can choose enter or not. Now cannot choose.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
12/08/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Pavees
That argument is bout just as effective as grabbing a bunch of seasons of a show tossing them into the air let them hit the ground pick a disk at random then watch and then wonder why you were forced into it.

I....don't..even know how you could relate the two situations?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
12/08/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Daedros
But at your choice, taking away choices is never a good thing

There is no "Looking for Boss" function. Your queing for a raid. If you don't want to participate its your own choice.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Ever since this new change has been put in, I haven't even bothered to touch LFR.

Not interested in 'helping' other people get through a raid, when I wasn't the one at fault for causing the problem in the first place.

The penalties for -leaving- need to be harsher. IMO, an hour debuff (From PvP, Dungeons, and Raids) and loss of valor for that run. That would stop people -real quick- from leaving mid-run. No need to punish people like me, and others, for what someone else decided to do.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Point is after spending 30 min in a que you deserve to know if your going to get to kill the bosses you need. Thats like waiting in line for half an hour for a beer that has a good shot at being empty. And to the guy that said "theres no "looking for boss" function your queing for a raid." then shouldn't you have a choice to que for a full raid?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
Me 2, I seldom used the LFR now. The queue time is much longer than previously, maybe more and more players also stop using it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Well said, Helping should be a choice, this isnt World Of Welfare
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]