The "Bosses left" message needs to come back

100 Human Paladin
12/08/2012 04:53 PMPosted by Sakiri
Since the change went into effect, I have yet to be put into a partial run consisting of only bosses Ive already killed.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
The reason the 'bosses left' notification was removed was precisely to stop players like the OP from dropping queue if it wasn't a fresh run and requeuing hoping to get a fresh run next time... Because this behaviour is ultimately self-defeating.

It's simply more important to be able to replace players who have left an incomplete run than it is to guarantee players a fresh run every time... most of the time, when people leave a LFR in progress, it's not because the group is full of terrible players and is doomed to failure, but immediately after a boss kill, or after a wipe because that player simply didn't have enough time to make more than one attempt on that boss... and of course, occasionally players just have to leave because something more important came up.

If you really believe that there should be an option to prioritise getting a fresh run for players who don't want to join partially completed runs, ask yourself, if having selected this option for yourself how happy you would be living with the trade-off that would come with such a feature; being unable to replace players who left your fresh run one-or-more bosses in, dooming your group to failure.

Be GLAD selfish players like yourself don't have an option to avoid joining partial completed LFRs, because this feature benefits you more than you realise, and what you are asking for isn't in anyone's best interests, not even your own.
Edited by Suntzü on 12/8/2012 5:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
12/08/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Suntzü
The reason the 'bosses left' notification was removed was precisely to stop players like the OP from dropping queue

12/08/2012 05:11 PMPosted by Joyia
The penalties for -leaving- need to be harsher. IMO, an hour debuff (From PvP, Dungeons, and Raids) and loss of valor for that run. That would stop people -real quick- from leaving mid-run. No need to punish people like me, and others, for what someone else decided to do.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
The reason the 'bosses left' notification was removed was precisely to stop players like the OP from dropping queue if it wasn't a fresh run and requeuing hoping to get a fresh run next time... Because this behaviour is ultimately self-defeating.

It's simply more important to be able to replace players who have left an incomplete run than it is to guarantee players a fresh run every time... most of the time, when people leave a LFR in progress, it's not because the group is full of terrible players and is doomed to failure, but immediately after a boss kill, or after a wipe because that player simply didn't have enough time to make more than one attempt on that boss... and of course, occasionally players just have to leave because something more important came up.

If you really believe that there should be an option to prioritise getting a fresh run for players who don't want to join partially completed runs, ask yourself, if having selected this option for yourself how happy you would be living with the trade-off that would come with such a feature; being unable to replace players who left your fresh run one-or-more bosses in, dooming your group to failure.

Be GLAD selfish players like yourself don't have an option to avoid joining partial completed LFRs, because this feature benefits you more than you realise, and what you are asking for isn't in anyone's best interests, not even your own.

I don't think its the least bit selfish to wan't to know where a raid is before joining. And unless your too daft to notice, que times have actually worsened.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

It's quite arrogant of you think think we're selfish if we didn't like the change. And there are times players quit because of being bad. It happens in LFR like twice for me now, happens in normal raids... and it happens in other things as well.

The penalties for -leaving- need to be harsher. IMO, an hour debuff (From PvP, Dungeons, and Raids) and loss of valor for that run. That would stop people -real quick- from leaving mid-run. No need to punish people like me, and others, for what someone else decided to do.

That's horrible. What about those that get d/ced and those that actually have to go or votekick abuse? Extremes are not the answer.
Edited by Valius on 12/8/2012 5:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have yet to be placed in an LFR instance with nothing but bosses I have already downed. I'm finding more and more fresh runs, too.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't know where all this QQ keeps coming from, I've gotten nothing but fresh runs since they made this change.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/08/2012 05:57 PMPosted by Skytail
I have yet to be placed in an LFR instance with nothing but bosses I have already downed. I'm finding more and more fresh runs, too.

I got stuck in one where a boss was defeated. That...was annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
well grats on being lucky
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
12/08/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Valius
That's horrible. What about those that get d/ced and those that actually have to go or votekick abuse? Extremes are not the answer.

Neither is punishing the majority of players who only want to queue up once, and do three bosses in one go. Now no one wants to queue up, and people are -still- leaving.

I'm sorry if you DC, but I'd prefer to disadvantage a handful of people rather than the majority of others who just want to play. If you're leaving, you'll be gone for at least an hour anyway, and if you got yourself votekicked, you should consider what you did to get such treatment. Getting votkicked through abuse is much harder in a 25 man raid then in a 5 man dungeon.

Either case is an extreme. Just depends which side you're in favor of.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I see fewer people leave now, maybe one or two people after a boss or at the start, but that's it. And my queue time hasn't changed. It was 30 or so minutes before, still is.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
12/08/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Osmeric
Since the change went into effect, I have yet to be put into a partial run consisting of only bosses Ive already killed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/08/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Joyia

Neither is punishing the majority of players who only want to queue up once, and do three bosses in one go. Now no one wants to queue up, and people are -still- leaving.

I'm sorry if you DC, but I'd prefer to disadvantage a handful of people rather than the majority of others who just want to play. If you're leaving, you'll be gone for at least an hour anyway, and if you got yourself votekicked, you should consider what you did to get such treatment. Getting votkicked through abuse is much harder in a 25 man raid then in a 5 man dungeon.

Either case is an extreme. Just depends which side you're in favor of.

People will leave for many reasons. I don't d/c, I was merely speaking for those that do and being..their defense so to speak.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I still do LFR and it has been a godsend this new system.....no standing around forever...no mass exodus....people claiming it now take more time I think have selective memories.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/08/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Joyia

Funny, that doesn't resemble what I'm seeing at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]