A macro with two spells? Can it be done?

79 Tauren Druid
Say I want to make a macro with X and Y ei:

/cast X
/cast Y

the idea is so that Y will be cast whenever X is on cooldown. However with this current macro I can only cast X, and even when it is on cooldown Y will not cast.

How do I fix this macro so that Y will cast when X is on cooldown?

thank you
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You can't. Blizzard has specifically made it so macros can't do that.
Reply Quote
79 Tauren Druid
I see, okay thank you for answering my post.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
That's not entirely true, but it is true for all spells that share a Cooldown (such as the Global Cooldown). Any spells that are NOT on the GCD (and don't share any other Cooldown) can be macroed in this manner and the macro will behave as the OP desires.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's completely true. The OP asked about putting a spell with a cooldown as the first spell of the macro. The description of his macro behavior makes it obvious that spell "X" is on the GCD in addition to having a cooldown.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Spells with cooldowns is not the same thing as spells that share a cooldown.

12/09/2012 04:26 AMPosted by Mitimem
The description of his macro behavior makes it obvious that spell "X" is on the GCD in addition to having a cooldown.
Actually, it makes it obvious that both spells X and Y are on the GCD. If either spell were off the GCD, the macro would work as the OP wants.

This still does not make your blanket statement:
Blizzard has specifically made it so macros can't do that.
true, and I was pointing out the exception.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]