Level Scaling needed in all zones and dungeon

86 Human Paladin
I think that level scaling is needed in all zones and dungeons. For those of us who like to explore, there is no challenge to fighting gray mobs in leveling zones and dungeons. Scaling everyone down to near the level of the content would make it challenging and fun.

Level scaling would make running old dungeon and raid content feel just like it did the first time through that content. Level scaling in dungeons and raids would revitalize that content, and make achievements for completing previous dungeons and raids mean something.

Finally, level scaling would revitalize world pvp and battlegrounds. Level 90s might think twice before going to hellfire peninsula and ganking lowbies if they were at the same level as the players there. Lets face it, battlegrounds were a lot more fun leveling up or in previous expansions than they are now at maximum level.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
While GW2 does this well, i dont think this would work for World of Warcraft (i play both games).
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
This would be terrible for soloing old raids, which many of us do for fun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/09/2012 05:51 AMPosted by Faustas
While GW2 does this well, i dont think this would work for World of Warcraft (i play both games).

It was there since release, so people had no choice but it does work well in that case and it definitely makes it a challenge (also play both games as well :D).

To finally do this in WoW, just now.... might not go overly well for most of the community.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12/09/2012 05:53 AMPosted by Crossblades
might not go overly well for most of the community.

make sure to click dislike to these threads so blizz know we dont like it
Edited by Jondus on 12/9/2012 5:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I would rather run new content for a challenge and leave old content alone for those times I don't feel like challenging myself when I play. I enjoy running old dungeons and raids for transmog gear. Level scaling would destroy that for me.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Rogue
AnW
Do you have any idea what sort of undertaking it would be to scale every dungeon and raid within the game? To scale every last bit of gear? GW2 might be able to do it, but that feature was there at launch, no? Just a touch harder to do things retroactively.

And, no, it would suck because some people like soloing old dungeons and raids for giggles and transmog gear.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
12/09/2012 05:53 AMPosted by Crossblades

It was there since release, so people had no choice but it does work well in that case and it definitely makes it a challenge (also play both games as well :D).

To finally do this in WoW, just now.... might not go overly well for most of the community.

If that is true, then Blizzard is appealing to the wrong community. Pandering to the lowest common demoninator is never a good idea. The emphasis should always be on the best gameplay experience.

A positive side affect of this change would be to put a huge crimp in gold sellers ability to farm lower level content for items that are worth a lot on the AH.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
Do you have any idea what sort of undertaking it would be to scale every dungeon and raid within the game? To scale every last bit of gear? GW2 might be able to do it, but that feature was there at launch, no? Just a touch harder to do things retroactively.

And, no, it would suck because some people like soloing old dungeons and raids for giggles and transmog gear.

Are you listening to yourselves?

Soloing raid content?

This is why many think that WoW has become a joke.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
So...what would the point be for having a kick !@# over powered toon be if everything scaled? I think it would completely defeat the purpose of character progression.

I see your point, but I for one would loose all interests in gaining epic gear if all mobs just scaled to my level.

Now, level scaling in all dungeons,, that is do able, but not in the world.

Your gear would still be epic for that level.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Why are so many post acting like this would have to be a 100% obligatory thing if it was implemented.

If it was added and I could go do low level quests in the Eastern Plaguelands with out one shotting mobs, I would. It would be fun I would enjoy and I would subscribe for another month.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It could be done but at this stage of the game, but I believe it would be doing more harm than good. It would be a massive undertaking and a drastic scaled change that the player base is not accustomed to. I love the idea, and I loved in in GW2, however it is a unreasonable request to change the standard that has already been in place for such a long time.
Edited by Entensity on 12/9/2012 6:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
12/09/2012 05:55 AMPosted by Jondus
might not go overly well for most of the community.

You dont speak for everyone and if you do, wow needs a new community.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12/09/2012 06:03 AMPosted by Samaul
You dont speak for everyone and if you do,

but there is a dislike button for people to show they dont approve of these ideas..

also a like button if you approve
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Are you listening to yourselves?

Soloing raid content?

This is why many think that WoW has become a joke.

Soloing OUTDATED raid content. There's a very big difference between that and what you're implying.

I have much more fun running BT, Kara, etc with a small group of friends (2-3) than I ever did running it back in the day with a full group. If everything was scaled, I wouldn't step foot back into them at all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Thank you but no thank you. One of the things about Character progression in WoW that makes it fun is being able to go back to areas that once were difficult (old raids etc) and to defeat them with your mighty powers.

WoW and GW2 are different games with different features (that is why i play both) and while wow could conform to some of Gw2's new ideas (such as event quests, no mob tagging and individual loot per player), there are other things WoW should not conform to in order to maintain its uniqueness.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
12/09/2012 06:03 AMPosted by Samaul

I imagine that most people who play GW2 play WoW, I don't think you can say the same vise versa.

I hit dislike, I have never played GW2 and don't plan to even try it unless they offer a free trial... I won't spend $60 to find out I don't like a game. And I don't think they believe in their product if they don't offer one.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin

GW2 is the first fantasy MMORPG that Blizzard cant easily copy. The irony of the objections to level scaling is that there is no doubt that if GW2 style leveling was not a part of Blizzards next gen MMO, I can assure you that it is now or soon will be. I have no doubt that Blizzard is trying to copy every feature of GW2 that players like that it can and level scaling is one of those features.

Its not Blizzard developers that resist change and stifle innovation, its the players of Blizzard games. In games, change is inevitable, embrace it.
Edited by Samaul on 12/9/2012 6:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin

I imagine that most people who play GW2 play WoW, I don't think you can say the same vise versa.

I hit dislike, I have never played GW2 and don't plan to even try it unless they offer a free trial... I won't spend $60 to find out I don't like a game. And I don't think they believe in their product if they don't offer one.

You imagine wrong. I cant get anyone in the 100+ member GW2 guild I lead to play wow. None of them want to go back to wow style leveling. If I tried to force them to play wow, they would quit the guild rather than play wow again.
Edited by Samaul on 12/9/2012 6:16 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]