Lack of Alliance Guild Activity and Transfers

90 Worgen Hunter
There is a lot of talk on the forums here about incoming transfers and bolstering up the population of the server. While, I agree that this is a fantastic idea, in order to get people to want to come here, there has to be something to be wanted. Alliance Activity here generally focuses on PvP with almost no effort pushing raiding. I'm sure that it would be difficult to garnish interest in progression if those people aren't already in one of the few raiding guilds ally side, however, I think the boat needs to be rocked in order to get more people here. Personally, I'd like to see a much closer knit Alliance presence and specifically in regards to end game.

For newer players trying to get into a guild, there aren't a lot of options for raiding unless you're geared to the teeth and have experience. Getting a group together whose interest and place in the game shouldn't be this hard to do. Where are all the Ally players who are looking for a good group of people to raid with? This server needs to be competitive on both factions in order to generate new players.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
This problem isn't unique to alliance side. Horde has very few progression guilds. Generally speaking if you want a good community in terms of raiding someone has to step up as a pug raid leader and organize runs with people signing up. Ideally you would want one person organizing runs and another leading them.

If you want to progress beyond first few bosses you will need a small core of smart players though. From my experience participating in decent pug runs organized by friends a lot of people outright ignore good advice given in a friendly manner or get super defensive.

I wish you luck in getting this started.
Edited by Aleksandra on 12/9/2012 1:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Haound,

You present a compelling argument but I am wondering, how are you going to rock the boat? I think you have something here, why not flesh it out a bit more.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
It's been far too long since I've done anything of this nature. Ally need a strong presence and if there are those willing, then certainly there is a shot. This is one of the oldest servers around. Surely there are some Alliance players that feel the same way. How do you assemble a core group of people who are like minded? I'm certainly willing to give it a go.

Timing is unfortunate though considering it's the holiday season.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Death Knight
If your looking for a guild to raid with try mine were activally searching for new members and we raid fridays and saturdays but only have a single 10 man at the moment but thats because alot of our core members left before panadaland and havent come back yet but like i said were always searching
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
From the Horde side of things, my guild is specifically aimed at getting new and rusty people into progression raiding. You can see our recruitment threads in these same forums for more details. There ARE opportunities on our server for fresh blood.

There could be MORE, however, I agree. I miss Friday Night Fights and the world PvP events. I transferred to this server because of that and I bet if they got going again, we'd get more transfers. The guilds hosting the events would also benefit by getting a large number of members!

How about the Blizzard ambassador thing they mentioned a year-ish ago, where guilds would be designated as newbie-friendly guilds. Is that still going on? That sort of setup might be a great way to draw in new players and build up the Alliance side again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I would love to see this server grow alliance side. I am actually looking for a server to transfer to, preferably one that is west coast based. I am a brand new 90 (as of today), so my gear and raid experience for this expansion are virtually non existent. I am still trying to decide if it would be a good idea for me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/11/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Kaliy
I miss Friday Night Fights

Sorry we're too busy raiding :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I miss Friday Night Fights and the world PvP events.

FNF will be returning.

Myself (Dinin) and about 10-15 others are in the process of coming back to WoW, leveling, gearing, etc.

You should see Alliance PvP ramping up early 2013.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
There could be MORE, however, I agree. I miss Friday Night Fights and the world PvP events. I transferred to this server because of that and I bet if they got going again, we'd get more transfers. The guilds hosting the events would also benefit by getting a large number of members!

Tell people about it in general chat, you always see those reroll threads. Say if we get 400 or more so Ally we can start fight night fridays again =D

Also Kaliy please afk flagged so I can stab.. I mean show you how much I love you ;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

FNF will be returning.
Edited by Hahn on 12/25/2012 7:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
12/19/2012 03:51 PMPosted by Caust
I miss Friday Night Fights and the world PvP events.

FNF will be returning.

Myself (Dinin) and about 10-15 others are in the process of coming back to WoW, leveling, gearing, etc.

You should see Alliance PvP ramping up early 2013.

Woooooot!

Makes me tempted to level up my Ally side toons...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I got my black bear mount on this realm when groups use to form all the time to kill the world leaders. Just recently I came back to the game and started a new toon and so far it's been pretty good minus the 1hr plus I was corpse camped in hyjal.
Reply Quote
If there is anything that my guild can do to assist just shoot me an in-game msg. I'm sure I can stir up some people for FNF if it gets going again as well. As far as pugs go, it's something we could look into trying to host in the future if interest is high(But this doesn't help your alliance side!)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I think it's the nature RNG coupled with time people have to play. I mean when you are doing 50+ runs for a piece of xmog that doesn't even upgrade you, never seeing the epics drop in heroics--EVER, going many many runs in heroics with seeing nothing drop, even when every slot is a potential upgrade, grinding dailies.

That's just raid prep. Then cuz time people tend to like to LFR, which isn't intended for gearing up, but to see content. And RNG of hell just following you in every aspect of PvE play. It's no wonder people rather PvP where grinding honor, you know when you're getting an upgrade and it's controllable for the most part. Going arena to get points. The only randomness is if you will win or not. Why on earth would anyone want to subject themselves to the headache of the gear grind of PvE. Especially when most guilds seem to be nothing more than chat hubs, where no one is even trying to run anything together. My own guild has a group of people who do things for the guild achieve, but it's same people, never mind if other guildies might actually need those heroics to try for gear.

Right now I'm currently looking into if it's even worthwhile to play this game. The grind has reached an all time high and there is absolutely nothing remotely fun about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]