Why no pet battles in raids?

90 Draenei Death Knight
I understand why dueling isn't allowed in raids: you could duel to build up rage/RP/Chi/procs before pulling a boss, or get feared into/disengage into a boss unintentionally, but why not pet battles?

It would be a decent way to pass time while waiting, say, for a raid leader to fill in a missing spot, or wait for people to come back for a bio break.
Reply Quote
78 Draenei Mage
Good suggestion, I think. It would give folks something to do while they wait on that one guy who had to go take out the trash or get a coke or something.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
For a second, when I read the subject I thought you meant why weren't there raids that featured a portion where players had to win pet battles to advance the raid.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Haha, now that I think about it, that'd make for a fun encounter.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
12/09/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Joju
For a second, when I read the subject I thought you meant why weren't there raids that featured a portion where players had to win pet battles to advance the raid.

That'd be awesome. Just think of the rage that would happen if pet battles became mandatory for progression.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/09/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Lena
That'd be awesome. Just think of the rage that would happen if pet battles became mandatory for progression.

I would suddenly be an important piece of every raid team!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Of course, you know what the next step would be .... gear for pets.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
12/09/2012 05:33 PMPosted by Joju

Ribbons, food, accessories... Or add evolution!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
12/09/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Irøh

Ribbons, food, accessories... Or add evolution!

Would they evolve into mounts? We could then have mount battles. Just think of riding around on a Gluth or Chromaggas mount.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]