Morgan of Morgan's Militia

90 Night Elf Druid
Beyond the obvious, does anyone have any theories about her kingdom and such?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I'm thinking she's a black dragon.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
12/09/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Skytotem

Based on what?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/09/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Based on what?

No human could possibly have been alive* when Ragnaros and the Dark Irons blasted out of that place, yet she claims her family and people died in it.

EDIT: And still be alive today
Edited by Skytotem on 12/9/2012 6:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/09/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Skytotem

Dunno how much sense that'd make, aren't they all corrupted except Wrathion?

Then again it would follow a certain theme of Alliance members interacting with black dragons. Baron Sablemane being one example. I think it's been a theory that Zardeth of the Black Claw might be a black dragon as well.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/09/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Grimtale
Then again it would follow a certain theme of Alliance members interacting with black dragons. Baron Sablemane being one example. I think it's been a theory that Zardeth of the Black Claw might be a black dragon as well.

Plus, she's not really 'helping' the Alliance, she's fighting the dark irons, which are enemies of theirs (or at least they were before Cata) and trying to start up a new kingdom (which could be bad news for the ALliance)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
12/09/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Skytotem
Based on what?

No human could possibly have been alive* when Ragnaros and the Dark Irons blasted out of that place, yet she claims her family and people died in it.

EDIT: And still be alive today

She could have been away at the time? Or any number of other variables we don't know.

12/09/2012 06:41 PMPosted by Skytotem
and trying to start up a new kingdom

She's trying to restore what was once Alliance land essentially, her home.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior

Based on what?

Black haired human with mysterious motives acting against an enemy of black dragons. I didn't need Sabellion to reveal himself for me to realize he was a dragon.
Edited by Quard on 12/9/2012 8:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/09/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
She could have been away at the time? Or any number of other variables we don't know.

It took place HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
12/09/2012 08:20 PMPosted by Skytotem
It took place HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO

WE'RE YELLING NOW EH!!!??

I was mistaken, I had it in my head for some reason that the summoning of Rag was later down the line from the War of Three Hammers.

My bad.

Still Morgan shows absolutely none of the characteristic traits of the Black Dragonflight. There is no arrogance, there is no plotting, there is no corruption.

She talks about founding a kingdom of peace and justice.

That does not sound like a black dragon, I buy the theory of her being a vengeful specter more then that.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/09/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
She talks about founding a kingdom of peace and justice.

12/09/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
no plotting,

REALLY?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
12/09/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Skytotem
REALLY?

YA REALLY?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/09/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
YA REALLY?

We've no examples in wow lore of a ghost being able to manifest or interact with people for that long a period of time :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/09/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Grimtale
Dunno how much sense that'd make, aren't they all corrupted except Wrathion?

I don't see how it would be a problem. Every corrupted black dragon had absolutely no issue infiltrating human societies and didn't have a problem working with them either. Assuming she is a black dragon, Morgan hiding her identity and trying to act more human would make it easier to get support for her cause.

Even if she wants to rip off most human's heads when she's talking to them, she can't. Plus, she wants to build a kingdom for herself. Since black dragons have been all but hunted into extinction and almost all are KoS, she can't have a kingdom filled with black dragons. Since she's disguised as a human, it would make sense that she would want to get human followers to later populate this kingdom.

Black dragon or not, human kingdoms are on the decline. Siding with a black dragon does give certain benefits that would help that cause. Assuming she's more like Sablemane rather than Hiram Creed.
Edited by Sternbridge on 12/9/2012 8:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
"I've been watching the Dark Iron for a long time... plotting, hoping, wishing for the chance to drive them away and take back my land. They can keep Blackrock Mountain. I hope it erupts again and takes them all with it. I want what is now called the Burning Steppes, my part of the Redridge Mountains that their fiery overlord destroyed. I'm going to show the world the potential left in my land. I'll build a kingdom of peace and justice atop the death and trickery they leave behind them. My vigil is over. I'm here to fight for what is rightfully mine. And I'm willing to die for it."

Unless she has more dialogue I can't find, I don't see any indication that Morgan or her immediate family were around when Ragnaros was summoned. Maybe she just considers that land to be rightfully hers because she's the last living descendant of a noble family that ruled there.
Reply Quote
96 Troll Shaman
12/09/2012 08:55 PMPosted by Sternbridge
Since she's disguised as a human, it would make sense that she would want to get human followers to later populate this kingdom.

Giggity?

12/09/2012 08:55 PMPosted by Sternbridge
Siding with a black dragon does give certain benefits that would help that cause.

Please tell me those double entendre(s) were intentional. :O
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/09/2012 09:00 PMPosted by Kellick
Since she's disguised as a human, it would make sense that she would want to get human followers to later populate this kingdom.

Giggity?

Siding with a black dragon does give certain benefits that would help that cause.

Please tell me those double entendre(s) were intentional. :O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZD-R6xVk3w
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Unless she has more dialogue I can't find, I don't see any indication that Morgan or her immediate family were around when Ragnaros was summoned. Maybe she just considers that land to be rightfully hers because she's the last living descendant of a noble family that ruled there.

http://www.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq.com/media/2012/07/morgansplan.jpg

The dialogue from someone in her group.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/07/18/know-your-lore-the-mystery-of-morgans-militia/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12/09/2012 08:58 PMPosted by Egrem
My vigil is over. I'm here to fight for what is rightfully mine. And I'm willing to die for it."

HER vigil is over

12/09/2012 08:58 PMPosted by Egrem
I'll build a kingdom of peace and justice

Peace though tyranny and Justice to a Black dragon's standards... not very comforting if you think about it. She would be a black dragon that simply isn't lolcrazy.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/09/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Skytotem
http://www.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq.com/media/2012/07/morgansplan.jpg

"She may have lost her land and family when Ragnaros tore this land asunder..."

Assuming the quest writer didn't make a timeline mistake, I'm inclined to agree with the black dragon idea.

The strange thing is that Marshal Maxwell said that. The same Marshal Maxwell who helped free Marshal Windsor and thereby oust Katrana Prestor from Stormwind.

Did Maxwell never wonder how Morgan lost her family in an event that occurred hundreds of years ago? Does he know he's working for a black dragon? Is he being charmed? Why did he oppose Onyxia?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]