85 Tauren Shaman
12/09/2012 09:35 PMPosted by Egrem
Why did he oppose Onyxia?

Internal black dragon politics.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Why did he oppose Onyxia?

Internal black dragon politics.

I think you're putting too much thought into it/giving Blizzard too much credit.

I think it's a timeline mistake that's never actually been rectified because it's never officially been brought up.

Might be a cool idea to pose this question if they do another a Ask Cdev thing (They won't)
Edited by Mordstreich on 12/9/2012 9:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
12/09/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Mordstreich
I think it's a timeline mistake that's never actually been rectified because it's never officially been brought up.

That's all it is really.

Blizzzard forgot their own lore again, nothing new.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I don't see how it would be a problem. Every corrupted black dragon had absolutely no issue infiltrating human societies and didn't have a problem working with them either. Assuming she is a black dragon, Morgan hiding her identity and trying to act more human would make it easier to get support for her cause.

But could she fool Wrathion, given that Creed and Nalice couldn't?

Wrathion's goal was to hunt down and kill all the rest of the black dragons, and as far as he knows, he has succeeded in that goal. That leaves only three options:

1. Morgan isn't a black dragon.
2. Wrathion killed Morgan.
3. Morgan somehow concealed her true identity from Wrathion.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
I remember reading a WoW Insider tinfoil hat theory about this.

Apparently, the theory is that she is, indeed, a ghost. Having watched the dark irons for a long time..... 200 years.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Could just be vague wording. Peoples who've lost their land and families hundreds of years ago sometimes don't drop the dream over the course of generations. A branch of the Morgans, a couple members to propagate, could have survived the whole Blackrock fiasco and been waiting for an opportunity.

That aside, back in Classic, Morgan's Vigil and the people associated with said-Vigil, were instrumental in laying absolute waste to the Black Dragonflight. Even if you retcon away the whole Marshal Windsor thing due to the comics, which Marshal Maxwell played a vital role in steering you toward, there's still all the work in Blackrock killing worgs and orcs and General Drakkisath.

If she did survive so long, there's other explanations anyway. Magic, alchemy, evil-soul-transfer-posession magic (kind of odd that she does have only one name). We don't know one way or the other. She's just acted in no way that would even suggest she's a Black Dragon, and her outpost was vitally important against that whole Nefarion thing. They were fighting both sides, not just the Dark Irons.
Reply Quote
Now that I'm thinking about it, there was a Red Dragon there.

If Morgan was a Black Dragon, why wouldn't that Red Dragon know?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
She might be a black dragon that Wrathion missed, but I really think that quest chain is just bad writing.

Colonel Troteman says she went to fight the Blackrocks, but she is fighting the Dark Irons.

It is implied that she was around when Blackrock Mountain was formed, which could just be a timeline error.

She wants to conquer the Burning Steppes, which is held by the Blackrocks, but she is fighting the Dark Irons.

Marshal Maxwell, a Stormwind marshal, cheers that they are seceding from Stormwind, and we are supposed to cheer too.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
It's nothing more than an indication of how brain-dead the quest developers were during Cata. With the amount of flops, contrivances, and outright idiot chains in entire zones revolving around dumb culture references, it's a miracle we've gotten things on track with MoP.

As far as I see it, a good quarter of the revamped Vanilla is a complete write-off quality wise.
Edited by Archimkazile on 12/10/2012 1:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/09/2012 11:56 PMPosted by Gibbons
I don't see how it would be a problem. Every corrupted black dragon had absolutely no issue infiltrating human societies and didn't have a problem working with them either. Assuming she is a black dragon, Morgan hiding her identity and trying to act more human would make it easier to get support for her cause.

But could she fool Wrathion, given that Creed and Nalice couldn't?

Wrathion's goal was to hunt down and kill all the rest of the black dragons, and as far as he knows, he has succeeded in that goal. That leaves only three options:

1. Morgan isn't a black dragon.
2. Wrathion killed Morgan.
3. Morgan somehow concealed her true identity from Wrathion.

Morgan hasn't been updated since 4.0. For all we know, Wrathion killed her.
Edited by Reignac on 12/10/2012 7:49 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]