My name!

90 Human Paladin
A few years ago, this character went by a different name. I made the mistake of changing that name, and I'd like it back. Sadly, both acceptable variants of said name are being held by low level characters.

I am here, petitioning whomever holds those names, to *please* contact me for discussion about possibly aiding me. They are both being held by low level characters, so it is obvious that the players currently do not have much stock invested in them.

If anyone knows the players holding the names, please contact them.

The names I am after are Almarea/Almárëa. I am willing to negotiate for possible incentives for the release of said names (my end to be delivered upon confirmation of name availability). As the player with the character viewed here: http://www.wowwiki.com/User:Almarea/Almarea

I really would like a return of my name. My thanks to anyone who assists in aiding me in the venture.
Edited by Leithian on 12/9/2012 11:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I knew someone who wanted a name which was held by a low lvl character so they put in a ticket and blizzard gave them the name. Maby try that if you can't find the person who has the name.
Reply Quote
You can also petition a GM to see if they can free up the name for you. If it's a low level alt that hasn't been touched in months or so, chances are they can do that.

Me? I'm stuck with this godawful abomination of a name for the current with the name I want being held by some guy who has a paladin alt that's barely touched that won't free up the name unless it involves breaching the EULA and ToS of WoW. Woohoo...~

You'll have a hell of a lot better luck than me. Hope this helps!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I actually resorted to such measures first and was told that as long as the account itself is active, they cannot free the name for other usage.

This is basically my last resort, sadly.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Monk
Have you tried adding the person to your friendslist?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Considering one is Horde and they've both bee the level they are for a while now, I see little point.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Originally- The person with Nox was a level 3 belf mage. I just checked again today... she's 75. T-T
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/10/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Nòx
Originally- The person with Nox was a level 3 belf mage. I just checked again today... she's 75. T-T

I've been checking for a couple of weeks now, and their level hasn't changed once. So, unless the Armory is flubbed up...
Reply Quote
What about Elmarea? Or Almareah? When all else fails, sometimes just twisting the name a bit can be as close as one can get to perfect.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Wish that rule applied to Nox.

Usually I'd ask them, but that name's so great I'm 99.999% Sure they won't be willing.
Edited by Nòx on 12/10/2012 11:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/10/2012 11:00 PMPosted by Tikky
What about Elmarea? Or Almareah? When all else fails, sometimes just twisting the name a bit can be as close as one can get to perfect.

I'd rather have back my original name... *sigh* The possible variations just don't sit right with me. I never should have changed it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]