The new guardin of Tirisfal

90 Orc Warlock
I am wondering if WoW will expand on the story of Med'an, i would like to see him in-game when they bring in the new Old God or if Sargeas ever comes back.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
From Ask CDev #3:

Q: The New Council of Tirisfal stated in the comic that they intended to investigate Cho'gall and the Twilight's Hammer. However, in Cataclysm itself and the Bastion of Twilight in specific, the New Council of Tirisfal is nowhere to be found. What have its members, such as Meryl Firestorm or Med'an been up to?
A:
Most of the members of the New Council of Tirisfal have scattered to the winds, as it was not quite the secret and binding order that the original Council was. Reghar Earthfury is a member of the Earthen Ring and compatriot of Thrall. Vindicator Maraad returned to the Exodar and helped quash a riot caused by asylum seekers. High Priest Rohan returned to Ironforge, assisting Prince Anduin Wrynn of Stormwind with relief efforts following the Cataclysm, and also helped sort out the short succession crisis during the city's Dark Iron occupation. Hamuul Runetotem joined the Cenarion Circle in battling the fire elemental forces of Ragnaros and the Twilight's Hammer invading Mount Hyjal. Broll Bearmantle settled in Darnassus, temporarily assuming Malfurion's duties of overseeing druid scouting parties while he assisted Tyrande in combat in Feralas. Jaina Proudmoore's recent adventures following her tenure on the New Council of Tirisfal can be read in Christie Golden's upcoming novel Tides of War. Meryl Felstorm, though not officially part of the new Council, has been seen in various ancient libraries researching ancient tomes related to binding, imprisoning and banishing demons, in hopes that he might find a permanent prison for the dreadlord possessing him, Kathra'Natir. As for the wonderfully unique Med'an, no one has seen hide, nor hair of him following Maraad’s return to the Exodar, leading some to believe that he has traveled to a new world or plane to continue his training.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
TY for the info, still keeping my fingers crossed we will see more of him in-game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I hope he stays under whatever rock he's crawled to. Manbearpig the God-Emperor's story reads like an awful fanfic.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
God he's terrible no let's never see him again till he's dead.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
We don't need a Guardian

We've taken care of the Legion multiple times, their proxy armies, the Old Gods and their armies, elemental lords, each other

I mean really, what can't we fight?
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
So a whole lotta important people put a lot of time and effort into training him in every possible category and he just drops off the face of azeroth?

Ook em in the jerb.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Yes, because Azeroth clearly can't handle his... talents
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
I think that at the very end of WCIII Medivh said that the world didn't need guardians. I think we should take his advice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What was the point of the warcraft III ending if another guardian is just going to come along and meddle in mortal affairs?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
12/09/2012 10:45 PMPosted by Voxyn
TY for the info, still keeping my fingers crossed we will see more of him in-game.

not sure if serious or trolling. Really me'dan needs to never appear, and just go off and die.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll get himself and all his wierd friends killed in another awful comic book.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Med'an should heroically sacrifice his life... making a grilled cheese sandwich.

Seriously, he should be on a quest to create the perfect grilled cheese. At the final moments when his prize is within his grasp, the sammich goes critical, and to prevent the resulting blast from taking out all of creation, he eats it and contains the explosion within himself, instantly killing him.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
12/10/2012 10:06 PMPosted by Arieus
What was the point of the warcraft III ending if another guardian is just going to come along and meddle in mortal affairs?

The Warcraft comic was never really what I'd call good but my god did it go off the rails after Varian's backstory ended.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I think the best use for Med'an is a single scene in a BL expac. Picture this after all our fighting though countless wave of demons racing to Sageras' temple/keep/bad guy lair there is med'an tied up in some form of epic light battle with the dark titan. He was the soul force that kept the lord at bay long enough for the last hope of azeroth/universe to arrive in time, us. At that moment Sageras over powers Med'an and crushes him completely. The mangled body looks up at us through dying eyes that seem to say, i believe in you and then dies. We then go on to finish what he started and take out the last threat to the titans great work.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Spoiler: In the final raid of the last expac, Thrall and Me'dan will fuse into one being, DBZ-style, and then do nothing for the rest of the raid until the very end. At that point, Thral'dan will finish off Sargeras after the players have whittled him down to 1hp.

And Mezten's legacy shall live on for generations.
Edited by Volkuza on 12/11/2012 7:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
It response to pathetic, old, and rather out of place hate that spews in any thread with any mention of Medan.

People dislike him.

yet

People like Wrathion. Who when you look at it, has just as far fetch origion as Medan.

Funny how that works.
Edited by Chorrol on 12/13/2012 12:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I hope they expand it by having him die in a terrible and humiliating manner. Those comics did nothing more than harm WoW's story, making it the ridiculous thing it was in Cata. Speaking of which, funny how Garona never mentioned her son. I think the writers hated him too.
Edited by Grammoc on 12/13/2012 12:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
It response to pathetic, old, and rather out of place hate that spews in any thread with any mention of Medan.

People dislike him.

yet

People like Wrathion. Who when you look at it, has just as far fetch origion as Medan.

Funny how that works.

Except for, y'know, the part where there had literally been zero implications that Medivh and Garona had been getting it on; in fact, the Last Guardian seemed to imply she had something going for his apprentice, Khadgar.

And people tend to dislike him because he basically became introduced as something that Medivh freaking explicitly mentioned the world didn't need any more of at the end of WC3: a new Guardian.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
12/13/2012 12:55 AMPosted by Grammoc
Those comics did nothing more than harm WoW's story,

The quality and writing of the comic in general did suck, from Varian to Medan. but that is hardly eithers fault, it was just bad dialogue.

12/13/2012 12:55 AMPosted by Grammoc
I hope they expand it by having him die in a terrible and humiliating manner.

Just how does this hatred make sense. It had point at one time. But now, Medan has not done jack. His presence HAS no effect on world. It hasn't, he wa just plot point that ended when the comic did.

Will he come back, maybe, but that have said thaty about other drop plot points.

As blizzard has said about those been added.

If it makes sense.

Damn, people comlain about what they already do, that would not change if he introduced in game. It not about how a character is and what it is. It is how he is used in the story.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]