A few Mistweaver QoL changes (pvp)

90 Pandaren Monk
Re-posting from Arena forum. I'd like to see if any other Mistweavers can agree with or think of any other *minor* quality of life issues that should be addressed.

I'm not asking for the entire Mistweaver spec to be overhauled (that's another entirely different topic), but I can think of a couple quality of life changes that would be nice to see implemented.

- Crackling Jade Lightning should be able to hit totems. I shouldn't need to run over to the totems to auto attack them and be more susceptible to cc (as if Mistweavers are hard to cc as is) to kill a grounding/spirit link, etc. However, I've noticed you can Chi Torpedo them. Pretty op haha.

- Renewing Mist should be able to be cast while mounted. Obviously, it should dismount you but right now we get the "Cannot use while mounted" error while trying to use it. Mainly a QoL change, but if priests can cast renew and druids can cast hots from their mounts, monks should be able to also.

- Life Cocoon. This is a frustrating 3 minute cd. Not only does it suck that it can be purged/spell-stolen, but the worst part is that it raises you off of the ground and interrupts spellcasting when it expires. Many times have I used this on myself during heavy bursts in conjunction with tft/soothing mist/instant surging mists only to be dropped down when enough damage has been done, interrupting my soothing mist cast. In that case, it's "only" a cost of a gcd but with the burst currently in the game 1 gcd can often influence the outcome of a match.

- Soothing Mist should not act as a heal over time on the target. It should act more like Penance in the sense that it can't get dispelled, but is still channelled. It's bad enough that we are forced into channelling a spell as our main heal since it's the only way to attain instant cast heals to match the burst damage being put out, but the fact that it can get purged is a little ridiculous. Soothing Mist included, every one of our heals (besides *casted* Surging Mist and Revival) can be dispelled with no consequences.

Again, no huge changes to the class; please keep suggestions to smaller things that could possibly be hotfixed.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The following changes are currently on the table for 5.2:

• Life Cocoon will be undispellable and won’t interrupt the cast at the end of the effect (and players will also be able to jump as well).
  • We’re working to resolve the issues with Renewing Mist not being able to be used while mounted, though it will dismount the caster after it is cast.
  • Soothing Mist will no longer be able to be Purged, so it will work in a manner similar to the Priest's Penance. It will still be considered a periodic heal.
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Monk
Now ya done it, Daxx.

Take cover.

They're coming.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
A blue post in a class forum.
On the monk forum.
Oh my.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Thank you for the OP for the very reasonable changes and manner, and thanks Daxxari for the expedited response
Reply Quote
Community Manager
On the monk forum.
Oh my.

I'm watching you, Wazowski. Always watching. Always.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Nice...Eyes are upon us : x
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
God, it's not only a pvp QoL issues, that can't cast renewing mist while mounted... OR SEATED was really annoying.. it should simply dismount you like it always did for any other class trying to heal while seated or mounted.
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Monk

Can you fire the guys that locked my monk feedback thread in the healing forums instead of deleting the last 4 pages instead? :<
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
So Daxxarri any word on the WW changes?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I demand WW news!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/10/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Slade

Nothing specific just yet.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/10/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Slade

Come on, don't let a few blue responses sway the topic at hand.

Anyways, I really don't see the issue on Renewing Mist dismounting while cast upon another player. Yeah, I can see it as a slight advantage for other healers. So instead, maybe they should get rid of this function for the other healers. That way, it would not only have nobody have it but healers being a little easier to kill.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
On the monk forum.
Oh my.

And Monsters Inc. as well it looks like :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's just a wasted global cooldown dismounting really, that is the issue.. it used to auto-dismount you, but from what I read, there was a bug where it was not always doing it, so they "fixed" it by forcing you to dismount manually.

I was kind of annoyed when I noticed it was the same while seated... I was eating a feast, wanted to heal somebody who just walked in and wonder why my spells were not working until I realized it was because they no longer worked while seated. Of course this one has zero impact for pvp.. mounted has.. you want to heal and never have to think about dismounting when you rush something.

Oh Daxxarri, while we're at it, they should really do a glyph to hide soothing mist.. it kind of give away your location as a healer in pvp.. which can be a little annoying. Just like they did astral form for balance druids to allow them to not look like a giant target.
Edited by Karuzo on 12/10/2012 1:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Why wait for next patch the renewing mist while mounted and life cocoon changes seem like they should be hotfixable (maybe not, in that case pardon my ignorance)
Reply Quote
On the monk forum.
Oh my.

oh hay a blue, seriously tho, do something about ww, i hate getting beat by random damage and instant overlap'd cc, and hate randomly hitting mages for 150-200k...

Also, anything to address the absurd aoe healing monks have, and make them be able to do something usefull in an arena match outside of 2s.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
MW thread getting WW q_q. Stay classy, monk forum.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Thanks for the quick response Daxx! Definitely didn't expect a blue to be sticking their nose in here - we appreciate the feedback.
Reply Quote
Brewmaster love? Any Brewmaster love?

Keeping my fingers crossed! Brewmasters' viability in pvp is ... it's a harsh road, blizz. But I am not giving up!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]