Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Re-posting from Arena forum. I'd like to see if any other Mistweavers can agree with or think of any other *minor* quality of life issues that should be addressed.
I'm not asking for the entire Mistweaver spec to be overhauled (that's another entirely different topic), but I can think of a couple quality of life changes that would be nice to see implemented.
- Crackling Jade Lightning should be able to hit totems. I shouldn't need to run over to the totems to auto attack them and be more susceptible to cc (as if Mistweavers are hard to cc as is) to kill a grounding/spirit link, etc. However, I've noticed you can Chi Torpedo them. Pretty op haha.
- Renewing Mist should be able to be cast while mounted. Obviously, it should dismount you but right now we get the "Cannot use while mounted" error while trying to use it. Mainly a QoL change, but if priests can cast renew and druids can cast hots from their mounts, monks should be able to also.
- Life Cocoon. This is a frustrating 3 minute cd. Not only does it suck that it can be purged/spell-stolen, but the worst part is that it raises you off of the ground and interrupts spellcasting when it expires. Many times have I used this on myself during heavy bursts in conjunction with tft/soothing mist/instant surging mists only to be dropped down when enough damage has been done, interrupting my soothing mist cast. In that case, it's "only" a cost of a gcd but with the burst currently in the game 1 gcd can often influence the outcome of a match.
- Soothing Mist should not act as a heal over time on the target. It should act more like Penance in the sense that it can't get dispelled, but is still channelled. It's bad enough that we are forced into channelling a spell as our main heal since it's the only way to attain instant cast heals to match the burst damage being put out, but the fact that it can get purged is a little ridiculous. Soothing Mist included, every one of our heals (besides *casted* Surging Mist and Revival) can be dispelled with no consequences.
Again, no huge changes to the class; please keep suggestions to smaller things that could possibly be hotfixed.
The following changes are currently on the table for 5.2:
Come on, don't let a few blue responses sway the topic at hand.
Anyways, I really don't see the issue on Renewing Mist dismounting while cast upon another player. Yeah, I can see it as a slight advantage for other healers. So instead, maybe they should get rid of this function for the other healers. That way, it would not only have nobody have it but healers being a little easier to kill.
It's just a wasted global cooldown dismounting really, that is the issue.. it used to auto-dismount you, but from what I read, there was a bug where it was not always doing it, so they "fixed" it by forcing you to dismount manually.
I was kind of annoyed when I noticed it was the same while seated... I was eating a feast, wanted to heal somebody who just walked in and wonder why my spells were not working until I realized it was because they no longer worked while seated. Of course this one has zero impact for pvp.. mounted has.. you want to heal and never have to think about dismounting when you rush something.
Oh Daxxarri, while we're at it, they should really do a glyph to hide soothing mist.. it kind of give away your location as a healer in pvp.. which can be a little annoying. Just like they did astral form for balance druids to allow them to not look like a giant target.
Edited by Karuzo on 12/10/2012 1:24 PM PST
A blue post in a class forum.
oh hay a blue, seriously tho, do something about ww, i hate getting beat by random damage and instant overlap'd cc, and hate randomly hitting mages for 150-200k...
Also, anything to address the absurd aoe healing monks have, and make them be able to do something usefull in an arena match outside of 2s.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.