A few Mistweaver QoL changes (pvp)

12/10/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Zegreiart
MW thread getting WW q_q. Stay classy, monk forum.

well seeing as 18 of the abilitys (minimum) are shared between all specs, if thats what they look at to change, all specs would be affected.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/10/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Reqy
MW thread getting WW q_q. Stay classy, monk forum.

well seeing as 18 of the abilitys (minimum) are shared between all specs, if thats what they look at to change, all specs would be affected.
I am apathetic to your cause. Good day.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/10/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Asceticfist
I demand WW news!

In the Tom Chillton interview, it was stated that they were looking at being able to move while casting Fists of Fury. Not much else was said in any detail, however.

Link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq7cw8bpEec&feature=youtu.be (skip to ~20:00 for the brief monk conversation)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Agree that jade lightning should be effective at stopping flag caps, killing totems or anything else a player would expect "lightning from your hands" to be able to do. Some weird stuff that is completely counter intuitive from this spell.

I'm totally ok with nerfing the melee heals so that melee abilities can have their mana costs massively chopped down

Whole awesomeness of the class was melee'ing along with healing and right now melee'ing feels absolutely worthless if not a total liability to engage in.

Fistweaving is completely dead and just want to see some balance so that it can be used again in pvp if you decide to dare to be in melee range.

And a glyph or something to remove DOTs on your paralysis target. God forbid you play with someone who has lots of DOTs as part of their rotation (dk) your para will be almost worthless except as an interrupt.

An offensive dispel would also rock. Constantly facing teams with offensive dispels while mine has none. Don't know how you balance this in the current burst environment where this is almost no downside to spamming your offensive dispel/steal. Might as well make sure monks have it in case their partner does not.

Some solid cc or a buff to para woudl be nice. Druids have cyclone/bash. Pally has repentance/stun/blinding ilght, Shaman have frog/stun totem, Priests has AOE fear/domination.

I mean yeah you can not take ranged para but then you pretty much give up most of your other CC to take the leg sweep stun. Just want two nice CC's like every one else. With a range like everyone else. Even priest fear has some rather long range on it and is AOE.

don't know if surging is balanced with other healers' emergency heals but my god mana sure tanks when you are using it without any mana tea given back. How bout mana tea for surges?

But most of all my MW monk needs something to live when he has 2 dps on him, torpedo is down and no LOS options and every cast is getting interrupted. I mean you have expel harm and renewing mist if cocoon is down. Only thing left is doing some very weird spamming of heal spheres under your feet and that sure does feel awful. I mean sheesh just make a button so that heal spheres will cast where you are standing if you are forcing us to resort to that nonsense.

Ahh so many dreams.
Edited by Kugkug on 12/10/2012 2:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Glad to see some blue attention, though I'm not really a pvper myself. The Life Cocoon change will also be a slight improvement for pve, though... we do need a bit more than that to fix our pve abilities ;)

Thanks for opening communication with us!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
A blue post in a class forum.
On the monk forum.
Oh my.

I'm watching you, Wazowski. Always watching. Always.

You better file your paperwork Monks. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The following changes are currently on the table for 5.2:

• Life Cocoon will be undispellable and won’t interrupt the cast at the end of the effect (and players will also be able to jump as well).
  • We’re working to resolve the issues with Renewing Mist not being able to be used while mounted, though it will dismount the caster after it is cast.
  • Soothing Mist will no longer be able to be Purged, so it will work in a manner similar to the Priest's Penance. It will still be considered a periodic heal.

I was ready to abandon this character until patch 5.2. Just give up and do nothing but dailies and see what other stuff I could find in the game - but the fact that a blue posted in the Monk class forums, well it does make an impact. Granted, patch 5.2 isn't due to hit until January (I believe? Long day at work so my brain is a tad fuzzy.) and the time between now and then will be an extremely painful one, and also depending on the fact that I am not benched in favor of a more capable healer on my raid team that isn't screaming for mana, I may now be more tempted to wait it out. Thank you Daxx :)
Reply Quote
72 Blood Elf Monk
Crosses finger for some tigereye brew QoL change :D
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The change to stacks of palm from 3 to 1 was amazing for qol. Any chance you guys can take a look at changing kick from 2 to 1 as well for mw? Or maybe have kick along with palm give a stack of the mists buff? This could balance the massive raise in mana costs all our spells just got.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
my biggest beef with MW is our mastery, i hate it so much!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Life Cocoon will be undispellable and won’t interrupt the cast at the end of the effect (and players will also be able to jump as well).
We’re working to resolve the issues with Renewing Mist not being able to be used while mounted, though it will dismount the caster after it is cast.
Soothing Mist will no longer be able to be Purged, so it will work in a manner similar to the Priest's Penance. It will still be considered a periodic heal.

In the long list of things that are really wrong with the class, I'd hope that there's some other changes on the table too. I don't think there's anyone that can really say this class is exactly what it should be and no changes are needed.

That said, Chi Wave's speed feels remarkably slow. And I want my old Enveloping Mists icon back.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/10/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Paîñ
my biggest beef with MW is our mastery, i hate it so much!

I agree. I don't care what parses say about its healing done, I hate the mechanics of it, and I hate the randomness of it. I want something dependable like every other healing spec has.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

• Life Cocoon will be undispellable and won’t interrupt the cast at the end of the effect (and players will also be able to jump as well).
  • We’re working to resolve the issues with Renewing Mist not being able to be used while mounted, though it will dismount the caster after it is cast.
  • Soothing Mist will no longer be able to be Purged, so it will work in a manner similar to the Priest's Penance. It will still be considered a periodic heal.

A blue post. On the class forums. The monk forums.

WAT.

That said, solid QoL PvP changes. <3
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
It's just nice to know that things are still being tweaked. The wheel is turning really slow I really wish the pressure would be put on more.

Don't know if you listened to the interview with the lead designer interviewed on Arena Junkies. Probably should Monks are brought up. Its a quick discussion, but we are being looked at from a PvP stand point, and when pressure is on us.
Edited by Monkology on 12/10/2012 3:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/10/2012 03:34 PMPosted by Monkology
Don't know if you listened to the interview with the lead designer interviewed on Arena Junkies. Probably should Monks are brought up. Its a quick discussion, but we are being looked at from a PvP stand point, and when pressure is on us.

For those who haven't, the link is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq7cw8bpEec&feature=youtu.be (skip to ~20:00 for the brief monk conversation)

But you're correct; it's very nice to see that monks are being looked at. In the interview, it was well known that both Windwalkers and Mistweavers have very low representation in the higher arena brackets, so I'm sure both specs will see some love.

As for our mastery, it's just weird. As it's been stated, I too have a problem with relying on other people for how well my mastery performs. It's not a huge issue to me in PvE, since it usually makes up ~10% of my healing without me really having to do anything, but it is just abysmal in PvP. To ask one of my partners to peel off their target so they can run through one of my spheres is just not practical. Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions but I'm sure there are some good ones floating around..
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Crackling lightning should be able to be cast while moving ... and it should kill Darth Vader.
Edited by Joju on 12/10/2012 4:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]